Market Cap30,912.87 Crore
Circuit Range₹422- ₹633.65
Day Range₹528.35- ₹534.65
Year Range₹398.05- ₹609.00
Top Indices & Stocks
Sona Blw Precision Forgings Ltd Share Price
Why did Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd share price move today?
Sona Blw Precision Forgings shares are trading higher, rebounding after seeing a recent weakness. The stock price is down over 20% in a month.
Sona Blw Precision Frgs L Quick Overview
Sona BLW Precision Forgings Limited is an India-based company, which is engaged in the manufacturing of precision forged bevel gears and differential case assemblies for automotive and other applications. The Company is engaged in the production of differential assemblies, differential gears, conventional and micro-hybrid starter motors, belt starter generator (BSG) systems, electric vehicle (EV) traction motors, such as brushless direct current (BLDC) and permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM) and motor control units. Its driveline technology products include precision forged gears, forged couplings and e-drive, among others. Its products offer application across various vehicle categories, including conventional passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, off-highway vehicles, electric cars, electric light commercial vehicles, and electric two and three wheelers. The Company operates approximately nine manufacturing facilities across India, the United States, Mexico and China.
Debt vs Equity
MF Return Calculator
Future Value Calculator
Option Value Calculator
Compound Annual Growth Rate Calculator
National Savings Certificate Calculator
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Compound Interest Calculator
Atal Pension Yojana Calculator
Simple Interest Calculator
Fixed Deposit Calculator
Key Indices in NSE
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the share price of Sona Blw Precision Frgs L today on the NSE?
What is the share price of Sona Blw Precision Frgs L today on the BSE?
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Sona Blw Precision Frgs L on the NSE?
Sona Blw Precision Frgs L stock price low: ₹528.35
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Sona Blw Precision Frgs L on the BSE?
Sona Blw Precision Frgs L stock price low: ₹ 527.65
What is the market cap of Sona Blw Precision Frgs L shares today?
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Sona Blw Precision Frgs L shares today on the NSE?
Sona Blw Precision Frgs L Lower Circuit: ₹422.45
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Sona Blw Precision Frgs L shares today on the BSE?
Sona Blw Precision Frgs L Lower Circuit: ₹422.4
What price did Sona Blw Precision Frgs L shares open on the NSE today?
What price did Sona Blw Precision Frgs L shares open on the BSE today?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Sona Blw Precision Frgs L shares on the NSE?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Sona Blw Precision Frgs L shares on the BSE?
What is Sona Blw Precision Frgs L 52-week high and low share price on the NSE?
52 Week Low: ₹398.05
What is Sona Blw Precision Frgs L 52-week high and low share price on the BSE?
52 Week Low: ₹397.35
What is Sona Blw Precision Frgs L stock symbol?
Can I buy Sona Blw Precision Frgs L shares on Holidays?
Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd overview
Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd is an automotive technology company that manufactures automotive components. The company was established in1995 as Sona Okegawa Precision Forgings Ltd (a joint venture with Mitsubishi Metal Corporation Limited). Its headquarters are in Haryana. The company is also known as Sona Comstar.
The company designs, manufactures and supplies engineered automotive systems and components. These components include differential assemblies, gears, conventional and micro-hybrid motors, BSG systems, motor control units, and EV Traction motors. In addition to mechanical and electrical hardware systems, the company also develops base and application software solutions.
Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd has 9 manufacturing facilities, 3 Research and Development Centers and 8 warehouses. Its employee base is greater than 3,500 individuals. The company has several certifications such as IATF 16949, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 50001, TPM, ENMS, OHSAS 18001, ASES and VQE.
Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd's journey
Key milestones since inception are as follows -
- 1995: The company is incorporated as Sona Okegawa Precision Forgings Ltd - a joint venture with Mitsubishi Metal Corporation Limited.
- 1998: Production of differential bevel gears commences in Gurugram, Haryana.
- 1999: Sona launches a new manufacturing plant in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- 2005: The firm launches a manufacturing plant in Pune, Maharashtra. Sona Autocomp Holding Private Limited becomes a majority shareholder.
- 2008: Acquires Thyssen Krupp’s precision forging business. Thyssen Krupp acquired BLW – the inventor of the Warm Forging Technology.
- 2013: The company changes its name to Sona BLW Precision Forging Ltd. The company launches an assembly and finishing plant in Tecumseh, USA.
- 2016: Sona launches a final assembly and finishing plant in China. JM Financial Trustee invests in Sona. The technical know-how agreement with Mitsubishi is terminated.
- 2018: The company acquires a new piece of land at Chakan, Pune to establish a second plant. It receives the contract for differential assembly supply from a reputed Electric Vehicle Manufacturer.
- 2019: The transaction with Blackstone-affiliated company – Singapore Topco is complete. Comstar Entities is acquired by the firm. “Sona Comstar” is adopted as a brand name.
- 2020: The company reaches a milestone of producing 250 million gears. It receives contracts from two electric 2-wheeler manufacturers based in India.
- 2021: The IPO launches and stocks are listed on BSE and NSE.
Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd - Initial Public Offer (IPO)
Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd came out with an IPO in the year 2021. The issue opened on 14th June 2021 and closed on 16th June 2021. The price band was ₹285 to ₹291. The stock was listed on 24th June 2021. On the listing day, the stock opened at ₹302.40 and rose to ₹362.85.
Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd’s products
Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd is an automotive technology and component manufacturing company. Some of its main products are:
- Differential bevel gears
- Starter motors
- Differential assembly
- Belt starter generators
- Inter-axle gear sets
- Portal axle gears
- Traction motors
- Integrated motor controller modules
- Drive motors
- Hub wheel motors
- Spool gears
Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd business highlights
The company supplies its products to different automotive manufacturers. The break-up of the financial year 2021-22 revenue by vehicle segment is as under:
% of revenue
Electric two-wheelers and three-wheelers
- Gears - 25%
- Micro-hybrid starter motors – 26%
- Assembly – 27%
- Conventional starter motors – 17%
Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd performance highlights
5-year CAGR (revenue)
Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd management
- Chairman (Non-Executive): Sanjay Kapur
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO): Vivek Vikram Singh
- Chief Finance Officer (CFO): Rohit Nanda
- Investor Relations: Ajay Pratap Singh
Indian automotive components industry overview
The following are the key players in the automotive component industry –
Sona BLW Precision
Size of the Indian automotive components industry
- In the last few years, the growing working population and increasing income of the middle class in India have contributed to the increase in the demand for two-wheelers and four-wheelers. This has created an increase in the demand for automotive components.
- Turnover of the automobile component industry in FY2021-22 stood at ₹4 lakh crore.
- From FY2018-19 to FY2021-22, it had a growth of 23%.
- The export of automobile components for FY2021-22 stood at ₹1.41 lakh crore.
Industry growth prospects
- The demand for two-wheelers and four-wheelers is on the rise. As per the Automobile Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA), the auto component industry is expected to reach USD 200 billion in terms of revenue.
- The export of automobile components from India is expected to reach USD 30 billion by the year 2026.
- The rise in the demand for electric vehicles (EVs) is going to fuel this demand further. It is believed that by 2025, four million EVs will be sold each year. The government has launched Production Linked Incentive Schemes for the sector with expected investments to the tune of ₹74,850 crore in the next five years. 100% FDI is allowed for the auto component sector.
Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd growth prospects
Risks and concerns
- Demand slowdown, especially from the European Union and China, is expected to affect the sales volume. It may affect the Sona BLW stock price.
- Geo-political tensions can adversely affect the availability and prices of raw materials, which can affect the supply and profitability of the company.
- Adoption of EVs is becoming slower, which can affect the demand for the company’s products and affect Sona BLW's share price.
- Rising interest rates, fuel prices and raw material prices, in general, can affect the demand for vehicles. Consequently, this may adversely affect the demand for automobile components.
KFin Technologies Limited
Ph: +040 - 6716 2222
Pandurang Budhkar Marg,
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org