Axis bank is one of the country's most popular new-generation private banks. This bank was established in the early 1990s. For decades, Axis bank has offered a wide range of facilities to its customers and individuals interested in starting and diversifying their financial activities and investments.
In the last few years, individuals of different age groups have taken one significant step ahead to getting started with online banking features. One such popular and advanced feature includes axis mobile banking.
In this blog post, we will learn about the 360-degree benefits and axis bank mobile banking usage in the most simplified manner to help online banking users in the best possible way.
Benefits of Axis Bank Mobile Banking:
Axis bank mobile banking offers many benefits for users across different age groups and demographics. Some of the most promising features associated with axis mobile banking include the following:
- High level of safety: Account holders receive app-based notifications and SMS for the debit and credit transactions occurring in their accounts. Therefore, customers can keep track of their transactions with ease. This also prevents unnecessary loss of funds from the account. In case of fraud, these notifications will help the customers to take immediate action and inform the respective bank branch to receive expert help at the right time.
- Time-saving and convenient: Customers using axis mobile banking can save a lot of time from the tiring wait in the ATMs. In addition, it becomes much more convenient for individuals who stay far from relevant ATMs and want to keep track of their finances and transactions.
- Receive updates: Customers receive simple and easy-to-read updates on their mobile regarding automatic updates on bill payments. This includes information about upcoming and completed bill payments. This way, you avoid forgetting bill payments, thus avoiding late payment fees.
- Free charges: Yes, you heard that right! Axis bank mobile banking comprises a feature of free of charge for several facilities available for the customers via mobile app. This feature excludes SMS charges.
- Smooth bill payments: Most people forget monthly bills due to several commitments revolving around one’s life regularly.
- Easy accessibility: You can access this banking facility from around the world. So this ensures that customers can easily access all the available features without overthinking their location. In this way, you don’t have to worry about the availability of online banking facilities with Axis Bank.
These are the crucial benefits linked with axis bank mobile banking that one must consider if one plans to perform banking activities online.
Services offered by Axis Bank Mobile Banking:
The services available under Axis mobile banking include the following:
- Accounts and Deposits (including FD, RD)
- Secure investment options such as Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Loan account inquiry
- Credit card payment facility
- Funds transfer to Axis bank account(s) or other branches
- Chequebook facility
- Availability of account transfers
- Recharge DTH/mobile
- Utility bill payments
- Availability of Forex Services, Investment options, and Insurance
- Facility to block a debit or credit card
- Stop cheque payments with just a few clicks
- Book movie tickets right from the app
- Recharge phone number and DTH
- Manage payees with the security of beneficiary and transaction information
Different types of Axis Bank Mobile Banking apps:
There are different apps available under the mobile banking facility. This includes:
- Axis mobile: Facility to check account balance; availability to pay outstanding credit card payments; successful funds transfer with the help of IMPS, NEFT, and RTGS.
- Axis Tap and Pay: Ability to perform contactless payments; use smartphones to make NFC payments.
- Axis OK: This new Axis Bank mobile banking application (lite type) is available in different languages. This includes English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, and Malayalam. The best part of this mobile app is it can check account balances, transfer funds, and perform other transactions. All this can be done without an internet connection.
- BHIM Axis Pay: Receive payments with different payment modes such as UPI, internet banking, debit and credit cards, or mobile wallet.
- M-Visa Merchant App: Axis bank’s Visa debit cardholders can use the M-Visa Merchant App to make several payments. You can scan the QR codes at the respective merchant point.
- Axis NETSECURE: The exclusive app offers an internet banking system for safe online transactions. Apart from this, the user can also generate a NETSECURE code. They need to remember that this feature is available only for SIM-enabled devices.
How to register for Axis Bank Mobile Banking?
If one wants to get started with Axis mobile banking, it is essential to register your mobile number with Axis Bank. Currently, there are different ways to register for mobile banking facilities.
With Axis Mobile app: With the rise in digitalization, it is easier to register with the help of the Axis Mobile app.
Search for the Axis Mobile banking app on the Google Play Store. It is also available on the Apple App Store. Therefore, choose the app from any one of them as per your choice. Account holders in India can send an SMS ‘MBANK’ to 5676786. Then, you will receive the app download link via SMS. Apart from this, you can give a missed call on the number – 8422992272. This is an Axis Bank toll-free number that customers can use to receive the link for the app download step.
In the next step to register for Axis bank mobile banking, you must activate the Axis Mobile application. For this, you need to click on the login option. Then, you will receive an SMS on your device for verification. iPhone users need to press ‘SEND’ on the message box for the step to trigger the SMS. After this, you must enter the account holder’s name. Once done, you must set up an mPIN to complete the registration. You need to keep the mPIN in mind to use it for future transactions via the respective bank account(s).
With Axis Bank ATM:
First, you need to find and visit the nearest Axis bank ATM. Then, insert your debit card into the ATM. Enter your debit card’s pin and choose the ‘Registrations’ tab. Then, a new menu opens up. Here you need to select the ‘Mobile Number Update’ option. You can even use a new number to change or update the registered mobile number.
With Axis Bank Branch:
Right from when Axis Bank came into existence, interested customers visited the nearest bank branch. Ask the Axis Bank executive for the ‘Customer Request Form’. Fill out the form correctly and submit the form to the respective counter. In this way, you can update the mobile number successfully.
How to Login Into Axis Bank Mobile Banking?
Customers can login into Axis Bank’s mobile app with the following steps:
- First, download the Axis Bank mobile banking app from the above-mentioned play store.
- Open this app. Click on the ‘Login’ button to access the Axis mobile banking login.
- One must register for a new account with the steps mentioned above for new users.
The users must authentication step through internet banking and Axis Debit card for successful Axis mobile banking login.
How to change Axis Bank mPIN?
Every bank account comprises this number feature, which is helpful for all transactions via the Axis Bank mobile banking app. Here are the changes that you must follow to change the number.
- Open the mobile app from your smartphone’s home screen or play store.
- Find out the ‘settings’ menu.
- Then, you need to select the option to select this important code.
- Enter the current one with the new mPIN.
- Now, you must login into your app with the new mPIN code
Currently, online banking app users forget their bank account’s mPIN code.
- Open the Axis mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Visit the login page. Then, click on the ‘Forgot mPIN’ code.
- In the final step, you must be able to set up your new mPIN.
Changing the mPIN at regular intervals is highly recommended for improved security and for other individuals able to perform Axis mobile banking login.
How to use the Axis Bank Mobile app?
Customers/users who have registered with the Axis mobile app can use this app in the follows:
- Firstly, the interested individual must download the Axis Bank app, also known as Axis Mobile. This app is available in the IOS play store and Android syllabus.
- In the next step, you must use the newly set credentials to login into the Axis mobile
- After you have logged into the account, you will find different facilities and information available on the app. This includes Axis Bank account balance and Axis Bank credit card.
- After clicking the ‘check balance’ option, you can find the current amount in your savings account. Other options present in Axis Bank Mobile Banking include fund transfer, recharge, and bill payments.
- If you want to transfer funds to other accounts (Axis bank and other banks), use the ‘Fund Transfer’ option in the app. Apart from this, you can manage payee and MMID with the tab named ‘Transfers’.
- If you want to pay bills, including utility bills and credit card bills, tap on ‘Bill Payment’. On the other hand, if you want to recharge your mobile phone bills (prepaid or postpaid), DTH recharge, to name a few.
- Apart from this, you will also find options such as ‘Accounts and Deposits’, ‘Cards and Loans’, and Forex. Here, you will find all the details related to the savings amount, loan, and fixed deposits.
- The ‘Invest and Insure’ option helps to invest the amount of your choice into the investment options available in the Axis mobile app.
- If you are looking for a safe investment option, the ‘Online PPF’ section will be a perfect choice for your long-term investment plan.
- You can perform quick transactions with just a few clicks via the ‘BHIM UPI’ option.
- In the ‘Services’ option, you will find the options to avail of the facilities, such as updating the Aadhar card option and upgrading the debit card.
Axis Bank Whatsapp Banking:
Another amazing feature associated with Axis Bank Mobile Banking is the service of Axis Bank Whatsapp Banking. The best part of this type of banking is that you can start a chat from your registered mobile number.
You can find several details associated with your account, including account balance, banking transactions, account balance, detailed and mini transactions, and credit card details, to name a few. Customers who have registered and opened their account with Axis Bank can use all the features linked with Axis Bank Whatsapp Banking.
Users can subscribe to the service in the following ways:
- Send an ‘SMS’ to the mobile number – 7036165000.
- You can also send a missed call to the mobile number – 7036165000.
- Right from the time Whatsapp banking was introduced, interested individuals could subscribe to Whatsapp Banking after you send a text to 7036165000.
Do’s and Don’ts of Axis Mobile Banking:
Until now, you must have decided to start your mobile banking journey with Axis Bank. So, let us find out the do’s and don’ts associated with Axis Bank mobile banking.
- It is important to safeguard your mobile or smartphone, which only you know.
- The mobile and app passwords must be complex. This must include alphabets and numbers.
- Keep changing these passwords regularly. This will help you stay safe and secure regarding finances and routine transactions.
- If your mobile or smartphone gets lost or damaged for some reason, you must not delay reporting to the bank and police station.
- Mobile banking allows individuals to add details to the app much more quickly. Therefore, do not hurry to enter the details in the app. This is applicable especially for online transactions via Axis bank mobile banking.
- Avoid sharing your confidential bank details with any app or website to avoid website fraud.
- You should not share any banking-related information on your mobile or smartphone.
- Inform the bank branch immediately in case you change your mobile number.
How to Get the Axis Mobile App?
Ans. You can easily find the Axis Mobile app in both play stores. This includes the Apple iPhone app and the Google play store. So, depending on your mobile or smartphone, download the respective version of the Axis mobile app from the play store.
How To Register on Axis Mobile in Case of a Dual SIM Phone?
Ans. Whenever an individual with a dual SIM phone thinks about opening an account via Axis bank mobile banking, this is the first question that comes to mind. There’s a definite solution to this common query. You need to keep the respective number as the primary number on your mobile or smartphone.
Also, this number needs to be active when registering on the Axis Mobile app. In this way, you can utilize this facility much more efficiently without facing many issues in the complete process.
Who Is Eligible to Sign Up for the Axis Mobile App?
Ans. Individuals holding savings accounts, current accounts, or NRI customers are eligible to open an account for Axis mobile banking.
Can I Update My Aadhar Card Information With the Help of the Axis Mobile App?
Ans. Absolutely! First, you need to log in to the Axis Mobile app with the help of credentials. Find the ‘Services’ option, and you will find the facility to update the Aadhar card details.
Can I Register for Axis Bank Mobile Banking With the Help of an Axis Bank Debit Card?
Ans. Yes! This is one of the most crucial benefits associated with Axis Mobile Banking. You can use the correct Axis Bank debit card details to register for the banking facility associated with the mobile app.
Always remember to avoid creating your new account with crucial information in a public place.
What Are the Different Features Associated With Axis Bank Whatsapp Banking?
Ans. Axis Bank Whatsapp Banking offers a wide range of features in the form of benefits such as checking account balance, availability of account statements as per customer’s requirement, operating debit and credit cards (use, pause or block), and opening and viewing your fixed deposit details. Apart from this, you can find information associated with the nearby ATMs to get quick cash as and when required.
The best part of this Axis Bank Mobile Banking feature is that you can even avail yourself of pre-approved personal loans via Whatsapp.