Canara Bank Net Banking
Canara Bank is one of India's prominent public sector banks , the third largest nationalised bank with a large domestic footprint and also presence in the overseas markets (Newyork, London, Dubai and Hong Kong).
Founded in 1906 and headquartered in Bangalore, the bank has an asset base of ₹1,153,675 crore ( FY2021) and offers a whole range of products and services ranging from retail, commercial, private banking to asset management to investment banking to credit cards, mortgages and pension. The Government of India is its majority shareholder with 69.33% stake.
Canara Bank offers a wide range on Internet Banking services ranging from enquiry about the balance in his/her account(s), details about transactions, Statement of Account to
Request for issue of cheque-books to Request for transfer of funds to own/third party accounts within Canara Bank and to other Bank accounts, TDS enquiry, Income Tax e-filing, tax payments and much more can be availed by the customer 24*7*365.
You can register for Canara Bank netbanking services through a number of mediums provided you have an active account with the bank branch.
For example to activate your Canara Bank netbanking services account:
- Visit the nearest Canara Bank branch and fill up the application form with all relevant details. The bank would typically courier the net banking details ( user id and password) on the registered mailing address.
- You may download the net banking app from the Canara Bank's web portal, http://online.canarabank.in
- You can then fill up the application form and submit it to your Canara Bank branch.
- Once the application is processed, you will receive the login details.on your registered mailing address.
Once you have the login details you can now activate your account.
- You will receive an SMS from Canara Bank containing the verification key and activation code.
- Now login to Canara Bank's web portal and press the "New Registration" tab.
- You will be directed to the net banking terms and conditions page.
- Press the "I Agree" option to move on to the next step.
- Type the details as indicated on the registration page pertaining to your account number, registered mobile number, debit card number and customer ID provided by the bank.
- Once you have typed the details, the bank will send you an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Type your mobile number in the OTP authentication page and click "Submit".
- At this stage, you will then be required to create a password for your net banking transactions. Once you have created your cryptic password, click on submit to complete the activation process.
- When the activation process is complete, you will be redirected to the Canara Bank internet banking home page.
- Click on "Login to NetBanking" and enter your User ID and newly created password.
- Now enter your debit card number, expiry date on the card and ATM PIN.
- You will receive another OTP from the bank on your registered mobile number, which should be typed to create a transaction password
- And finally, after creating a transaction password, your net banking activation process is complete and you can now avail the net Banking services of Canara Bank.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q. What is the URL to Canara Bank's net banking services?
You can login to Canara Bank web portal at http://online.canarabank.in
Q. What are the requirements for self registration for opening a net banking account with Canara Bank?
- Active Debit/ATM Card
- Valid E-mail ID must be Registered with the Bank Account
- Valid Mobile Number must be registered with the Bank Account
- Customer ID
- 13 Digit Account Number
Q. What is the password policy of Canara Bank netbanking?
As a part of best in class cyber security practices, it is advisable that your choice of password should comprise:
- Min 8 & Max 12 characters
- 1 Numeric characters along with 1 Lowercase & 1 Uppercase alphabets
- 5 successive characters
- Special character. (Allowed _ @ $ . * % ? # = & + - ( ) ! )
Q. What are the different payment options offered by Canara Bank netbanking?
- Multiple Fund Transfer
- Fund Transfers within Bank
- Tax and Bill Payments
Q. How does one reset a netbanking password?
- Login to Canara Bank web portal and click on ' Create/ reset login password' available on the login page.
- To reset your password you require your customer id, D.o.B, identity proof and registered mobile number with Canara Bank.
Q. Where can I locate my customer id if I have forgotten it?
The customer id is available in the first page of the passbook issued by your Canara Bank branch.
Q. Is Canara Bank's net banking services available for joint account holders?
Yes, the net banking services are available to joint account holders on the precondition that the mode of operation is indicated as
- 'Either or Survivor' or
- 'Anyone or Survivor' or
- 'Former or Survivor'.
For 'Former or Survivor' accounts, user-id will be issued only to the 'Former'.
For 'Either or Survivor' and 'Anyone or Survivor' accounts one user-id will be issued to one of the joint account holders.
Q. What is the Toll-Free Number of the Canara Bank net Banking?
For any enquiries, you as a Canara Bank netbanking customer can call at the toll-free number 1800 425 0018.
Q. What is the importance of Debit Card in availing Canara Bank net banking account?
Every customer at the time of opening their bank account and at the time of activating Canara Bank netbanking account is issued a debit card/ATM card. As a netbanking customer, whenever you login to Canara Bank's web portal you would be required to type your 16-digit card number as a part of the authentication process.
Also, always be vigilant not to share your debit card number, CVV number, and PIN details with anyone.
Besides, always remember this cardinal principle that no bank will ever ask its customer about their Bank Account Details.