Market Cap291,689.70 Crore
Circuit Range₹8,693- ₹10,624.45
Day Range₹9,611.10- ₹9,713.90
Year Range₹7,555.00- ₹9,800.00
Top Indices & Stocks
Maruti Share Price
Why did MARUTI SUZUKI INDIA LTD. share price move today?
Maruti Suzuki India shares are trading higher after Executive Director Shashank Srivastava told CNBC TV18 that the company is back to 95% production despite price pressure.
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. Quick Overview
Maruti Suzuki India Limited is engaged in the manufacturing, purchasing and sale of motor vehicles, components and spare parts. The Company’s other activities comprises facilitation of pre-owned car sales, fleet management and car financing. The Company offers its products through three channels, namely Nexa, Arena and Commercial. Its portfolio of Nexa products include Baleno, XL6, Ignis, S-Cross and Ciaz. Its portfolio of Arena products includes Vitara Brezza, Ertiga, Wagon-R, Dzire, Alto, Celerio, CelerioX, S-Presso, Eeco and Swift. Its portfolio of Commercial products includes Super Carry and Eeco Cargo. Its service offerings include Maruti Suzuki Genuine Parts, Maruti Suzuki Genuine Accessories, Maruti Suzuki Finance, Maruti Insurance, Maruti Suzuki Rewards, Maruti Suzuki Subscribe and Maruti Suzuki Driving School. The Company’s plant is located in Palam Gurgaon Road, Gurgaon, Haryana, and at Manesar Industrial Town, Gurgaon, Haryana.
MF Return Calculator
Future Value Calculator
Option Value Calculator
Compound Annual Growth Rate Calculator
National Savings Certificate Calculator
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Compound Interest Calculator
Atal Pension Yojana Calculator
Simple Interest Calculator
Fixed Deposit Calculator
Key Indices in NSE
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the share price of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. today on the NSE?
What is the share price of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. today on the BSE?
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. on the NSE?
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. stock price low: ₹9611.1
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. on the BSE?
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. stock price low: ₹ 9610
What is the market cap of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. shares today?
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. shares today on the NSE?
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. Lower Circuit: ₹8692.75
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. shares today on the BSE?
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. Lower Circuit: ₹8689.4
What price did Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. shares open on the NSE today?
What price did Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. shares open on the BSE today?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. shares on the NSE?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. shares on the BSE?
What is Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. 52-week high and low share price on the NSE?
52 Week Low: ₹7555
What is Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. 52-week high and low share price on the BSE?
52 Week Low: ₹7626.4
What is Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. stock symbol?
Can I buy Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. shares on Holidays?
About Maruti Suzuki
A subsidiary of the Japanese company, Suzuki Motor Corporation, Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), is the country’s largest passenger car manufacturer and has led the way in the automobile revolution in India. Formerly called Maruti Udyog Limited, in February 1981, it was incorporated as a joint venture between the Government of India and Suzuki Motor Corporation. Currently, Suzuki Motor Corporation holds equity of 56.2%, and the shares are traded on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). The company has a wide range of cars that ranges from small cars including the Alto 800 and the Alto K10 to the luxury Ciaz. Apart from manufacturing and the sale of cars, Maruti Suzuki facilitates the sales of pre-owned cars and other activities like fleet management and car financing. It has manufacturing facilities in Haryana’s Gurugram and Manesar, and a research and development centre in Rohtak.
Core Activities & Products
The company deals with the manufacturing and the sale of cars, as well as the facilitation of sales of pre-owned cars, fleet management and car financing. Maruti Suzuki deals in the following products:
- Commercial vehicles
- Automotive parts
- Manufacturing hatchbacks
- Motor vehicles, components and spare parts
Board of Directors
- Mr R. C. Bhargava: Chairman
- Mr Kenichi Ayukawa: Executive Vice Chairman
- Mr Hisashi Takeuchi: Managing Director & Ceo
- Mr Shigetoshi Torii: Joint Managing Director (Production And Supply Chain)
- Mr Toshihiro Suzuki: Director
- Mr Kenichiro Toyofuku: Director (Corporate Planning)
- Mr Osamu Suzuki: Director
- Mr Kinji Saito: Director
- Mr D. S. Brar: Independent Director
- Mr R.P. Singh: Independent Director
- Mr Maheswar Sahu: Independent Director
- Ms Lira Goswami: Independent Director
Maruti Suzuki has two manufacturing facilities in Gurugram and Manesar, Haryana. It also has a manufacturing unit in Gujarat owned by its parent company Suzuki which supplies its entire production to MSIL.
Maruti Suzuki India Limited,
1, Nelson Mandela Road,
New Delhi - 110070,
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (formerly Maruti Udyog Ltd) is India's largest passenger car company and accounts for over 50% of the domestic car market, and has 1820 sales outlets across India. It is the first car company to introduce a customer call centre to provide internal and customer services. Its strengths are:
- The company is in a leadership position in the market with a market share of 48.74.
- Maruti Suzuki recorded the highest number of domestic sales with 9,66,447 units from 7,65,533 units in the previous fiscal. It recently attained the 10 million domestic sales mark.
- The enterprise has strong brand value and a loyal customer base.
- MSIL has a good market share and hence, its after-sales service is a major revenue contributor.
CSR and Sustainability
The company is taking steps to be more sustainable in its practices. It is increasing the use of solar power in its manufacturing process. The growing use of rail transport over road transport to dispatch vehicles has helped avoid over 4,800 MT of CO2 emissions in the past eight years by saving more than 156,000 truck trips and over 174 million litres of fuel.The Company will launch its 1st Battery Electric Vehicle by 2025. Their parent company, Suzuki will invest 10,400 crores in Gujarat, India, to construct a plant for manufacturing BEV batteries and Electric Vehicles. The Company will introduce a Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicle in its product line-up in FY 2022-23. TDS Lithium-Ion Battery Gujarat Private Limited (TDSG) is India’s first lithium-ion battery manufacturing plant with cell-level localisation. TDSG is a collaboration between Toshiba, Denso and Suzuki— three of the biggest names in the global automotive industry. The company has also enabled extensive usage of ultra and advanced high tensile steel in the fifth-generation Heartect platform, ensuring effective absorption and dispersion of impact force which has resulted in a 29% improvement in body rigidity of the platform used in the new Celerio.MSIL’s activities and CSR Projects have won many awards, honours, and accolades. Some of the notable ones are:
- The Economic Times Best Brands 2021: The Economic Times recognized Maruti Suzuki as one of the ‘Best Brands’ in 2021. The award acknowledges brands with higher recall success, popularity, and the benefit of instant association among consumers and other stakeholders.
- India CSR Leadership Award 2021: The company was awarded in the below three categories at a ceremony conducted during the prestigious India CSR Leadership Summit 2021. The categories were:
- COVID-19 Response: Support to Government in Augmenting Health Care
- Road Safety
- Skill Development
- Grant Thornton Bharat SABERA Award: Won in the ‘Responsible Business of the Year’ category.
- The Haryana Government facilitated Maruti Suzuki with a certificate of appreciation for its significant contribution to combating the COVID-19 pandemic in the state.
There have been a few weaknesses and criticisms mapped for the corporation which can be defined as the areas where Maruti Suzuki can improve. They are:
- Low interior quality inside the cars when compared to quality players like Hyundai and other new foreign players like Volkswagen, Nissan, etc.
- Government intervention due to having a share in MSIL.
- The management and the company’s labour unions are not on good terms. The recent strikes of the employees have slowed down production and are in turn affecting sales.
- Maruti hasn’t proved itself in the SUV segment like other players as yet.
The steep and rapid increase in the prices of commodities due to the COVID-19 pandemic has harmed the profit margins in FY21 and FY22. However, the prices of commodities have now softened. While the increase in crude oil prices may have affected the overall demand sentiment, it also attracted customers to more fuel-efficient cars, giving the company an advantage. The enterprise managed the outcome of the pandemic in the following ways:
- Established a top-level steering committee chaired by the MD and CEO to drive systems and processes to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 infection.
- Implemented stringent engineering and administrative control measures that exceeded the government-stipulated guidelines in curbing the spread of COVID-19.
- Organised COVID-19 vaccination camps and forged tie-ups with several healthcare service providers for the entire workforce, including the families of the employees.
The company is planning to add SUVs to its key segment to lift its overall market share in the country from 45% market share to 50%. MSIL is almost ready to start the sale of the Grand Vitara, which has been developed in a collaboration between Suzuki Motor Corp. and Toyota Motor Corp. Experts believe that its Cervo 600 has huge potential to tap the middle-class segment and act as a strong threat to the Tata Nano. Also, the export capacity of the company is giving new hope in the American and UK markets.
Did You Know!
The company dominates 47% of the domestic car market, meaning that almost every second car in India is a Maruti. It takes the workers 2,545 steps to complete the manufacturing of every car, which has reduced significantly from 3,077 steps in March 2014 because of fatigue reduction initiatives.
Initial Public Offering
The company IPO has set a Maruti Suzuki share price range of Rs. 125 per share above the floor price of Rs 115. The subscription for the IPO opened on June 12, 2003, and closed on June 19, 2003. The response to the IPO was overwhelming within the subscription period, which led to an oversubscription of the public offerings of Maruti by more than ten times.It is claimed that the MSIL IPO is one of the biggest capital market transactions in the recent past and also the largest Book Built IPO ever that has been implanted in India. The IPO received over 300,000 applications, breaking all records in the history of IPO in the country.
The company’s motto is to deliver “Joy of mobility” to every Indian household. However, the company had some gaps in its product range in the SUV segment. However, the company has started strengthening the SUV segment with the All New Brezza and have received an overwhelming response from its customers.Maruti Suzuki reported a 129.76% year-on-year (YoY) surge in net profit to Rs 1,012.80 crore in the June quarter compared with Rs 440.80 crore in the same quarter last year.It is being maintained by some analysts with a 'buy' rating on Maruti NSE 2.70 % with a target price of Rs 9,500 as they believe that demand and new model comments are positive.
Annual Financial Summary
BALANCE SHEET (in Rs. Cr.)
EQUITIES AND LIABILITIES
Equity Share Capital
TOTAL SHARE CAPITAL
Reserves and Surplus
TOTAL RESERVES AND SURPLUS
TOTAL SHAREHOLDERS FUNDS
Long Term Borrowings
Deferred Tax Liabilities [Net]
Other Long Term Liabilities
Long Term Provisions
TOTAL NON-CURRENT LIABILITIES
Short Term Borrowings
Other Current Liabilities
Short Term Provisions
TOTAL CURRENT LIABILITIES
TOTAL CAPITAL AND LIABILITIES
Deferred Tax Assets [Net]
Long Term Loans And Advances
Other Non-Current Assets
TOTAL NON-CURRENT ASSETS
Cash And Cash Equivalents
Short Term Loans And Advances
TOTAL CURRENT ASSETS
OTHER ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
CONTINGENT LIABILITIES, COMMITMENTS
CIF VALUE OF IMPORTS
Stores, Spares And Loose Tools
EXPENDITURE IN FOREIGN EXCHANGE
Expenditure In Foreign Currency
REMITTANCES IN FOREIGN CURRENCIES FOR DIVIDENDS
Dividend Remittance In Foreign Currency
EARNINGS IN FOREIGN EXCHANGE
FOB Value Of Goods
Bonus Equity Share Capital
Non-Current Investments Quoted Market Value
Non-Current Investments Unquoted Book Value
Current Investments Quoted Market Value
Current Investments Unquoted Book Value