Indian Bank Net Banking
As a mid-sized public sector undertaking, Indian Bank has a strong domestic presence and footprints overseas in Singapore, Colombo and Jaffna.
Founded in 1907 and headquartered in Chennai, the bank has an asset base of ₹626,005 crore ( FY2022).
The government of India is the majority stakeholder with ownership of 79.86% (2022). Indian Bank amalgamated with Allahabad Bank with effect from April 1, 2020.
Indian Bank net banking comprises an exhaustive portfolio of solutions which are broadly classified into three categories namely:
Financial services -
Fund Transfer within Indian Bank
- Self Transfers
- Other Indian Bank Account Transfers
- PPF Account
- V Collect
Recharge and Bill Pay
- Pay Bills for gas, electricity, water, DTH and broadband/ landline can be paid
- Pay Taxes
- Pay Credit Card Bill
Fund Transfer to other Bank
- IMPS (24/7)
- Easipay (without adding beneficiary)
Opening of account
- Open Term Deposit Account- RD/ FD/VRD/STD/MMD
- Open e-purse Account
- LC Account
- NPS Account
- PPF Account
- Account Statement for specified period
- Mini Statement
- Add / Modify Nominee
Cheque Related Services
- Stop payment of cheque
- Cheque Status Inquiry
- Raise Cheque book request
- Change/reset Login Password
- Change/reset Transaction Password
Value added services
- Standing Instruction
- Instant Beneficiary Addition.
- Account wise TDS Details.
- APY, PMJJBY, PMSBY registration.
- Application for ASBA
- Change User ID as per your convenience.
- Personalised Dashboard for overall view of accounts.
- E-Filing of Income Tax
- E- Interest Certificate
- TDS Certificate
- Transaction Lock/Unlock
- Aadhaar Seeding facility
- Tax E-receipt
- Download Form 16A
- Email Statement subscription
Let us understand the nuances of the Online fund transfer service of Indian Bank.
Indian Bank transfer money service is available to all customers who have an account with the bank.
- You can transfer money between your own Indian Bank accounts - from one account to another account across India and 24*7*365
- You can also transfer money between your own accounts in other banks - from Indian Bank account to other bank account.
- In case you want to transfer funds through your mobile phone you can do so by downloading Indian Bank's mobile app, you can add your Indian Bank account and generate a secure mobile banking PIN.
Using this PIN you can transfer funds to anyone in India from your Indian Bank account.
- Fund transfer can be initiated without adding a beneficiary in your Indian Bank account. By using the Indian Bank app, you just have to specify the beneficiary’s account number and IFSC code and money will be credited in their bank account in real-time, directly from your Indian Bank account.
- Funds are transferred in real-time from your Indian Bank account to the recipient's account via BHIM UPI.
This is particularly useful if the beneficiary also uses a BHIM UPI app wherein without requesting for beneficiary’s account details you can directly transfer money to their BHIM UPI ID. In such cases, money gets credited in the account which is linked with their BHIM UPI ID.
- Transfer money to mobile number
Another way to transfer money is via mobile number. With the help of our app you can easily transfer money to your friends and family without requesting for their account number + IFSC code or BHIM UPI ID. When you transfer money to a mobile number, money gets credited in the beneficiary's bank account which is linked to their mobile number in our app.
Let us delve deeper into the online self registration process.
To avail the services you need to register for Indian Bank net banking through self registration process which is available for single account holders only.
In case of joint account holders and current account holders, you need to visit your nearest branch.
Alternatively, you can also avail the internet banking services through your ATM or physical visit to the nearest bank branch.
- The self registration is a very simple process, firstly you need to have an active account with Indian Bank.
- In addition, you need a few basic documents for the self registration process such as account number, mobile number registered with the bank, email id, D.o.B etc.
- You then login to the Indian bank web portal, www.indianbank.net.in and select ' New User' for ' Register online' in the login page.
- You then type your account number and registered mobile number and press 'submit'.
- An OTP would be generated and sent to your registered mobile number. Type the OTP details in the relevant field.
- Once the OTP is verified, fill the remaining fields on the page with respect to D.o.B, email id etc.
- After this, the customer has the option of selecting the kind of online access he/she desires, whether 'view only' or 'view and transact'.
- You are now ready to create your login password for the netbanking account.
- Once all the information is validated, you will receive a pop-up on your screen on ' successful completion' of the registration process.
- You can now reset your transaction password and login in once again with your customer id and reset password.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q. How to Reset Indian Bank Internet Banking Forgot User ID?
- Browse indianbank.net.in
- Click Forgot user ID
- Enter your Account Number
- Provide Customer ID
- Answer the expression
- Click Submit
- Enter OTP received on the registered mobile number
- Received the user id on your registered email address
- If not registered email id, contact your home branch to receive the user details
Q. What is the threshold limit to transfer money from an Indian bank online account?
The permissible threshold fund transfer amount from your Indian Bank netbanking account is pegged at ₹1,00,000 per day.
Besides, only 10 transfers per day are permissible from your account.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria to transfer funds from an Indian Bank net banking account?
- You need an active account- savings or current with Indian Bank.
- Registered mobile number
- Android or iPhone mobile phone
- Internet connection either via SIM card or WiFi
Q. Is there any service charge for transfer of funds online using Indian bank net banking solutions?
The online fund transfer service is absolutely free.
Q. How to transfer money from an Indian Bank account online?
- To begin with, download the app ( cointab) through your registered mobile number with Indian Bank on your smartphone.
- Type Indian Bank for bank account registration'.
- Generate Indian Bank banking PIN
- Select the option of 'Transfer Money'
- You now add the beneficiary’s name bank account number & IFSC code
- You can now type the amount
- Enter your banking PIN (which you generated in the previous step)
- And finally, the funds would get transferred from your Indian Bank account and credited to the recipient's bank account in real-time and you and the recipient will receive an SMS from your respective banks.