Market Cap25,117.70 Crore
Circuit Range₹903- ₹1,103.55
Day Range₹981.15- ₹1,008.10
Year Range₹773.35- ₹1,214.90
Top Indices & Stocks
Tata Chemicals Share Price
Why did TATA CHEMICALS LTD. share price move today?
Tata Chemicals shares are trading lower along with other chemical stocks on news that price slump in global markets due to influx of Chinese chemicals, subdued Europe, and demand slowdown impact the sector. Source: Moneycontrol
Tata Chemicals Ltd Quick Overview
Tata Chemicals Limited is a holding company. The Company operates through two business segments: Basic chemistry products and Specialty products. Its Basic chemistry products business is engaged in the manufacturing of inorganic chemistry products and serves various industries, such as glass, detergents, pharma, biscuit manufacturing, bakeries and other industries. Its basic chemistry products consist of soda ash, sodium bicarbonate, salt and other products. Its Specialty products consist of specialty food ingredients, such as prebiotics, formulations for feed, food and pharma customers, and specialty silica for rubber/tire industry, as well as it provides crop care and seeds for the farm sector through its subsidiary, Rallis India Limited. The Company manufactures and sells specialty nutrition products under the brand Tata NQ, which primarily consists of Fructooligosaccharide (FOS) a prebiotic dietary fiber.
MF Return Calculator
Future Value Calculator
Option Value Calculator
Compound Annual Growth Rate Calculator
National Savings Certificate Calculator
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Compound Interest Calculator
Atal Pension Yojana Calculator
Simple Interest Calculator
Fixed Deposit Calculator
Key Indices in NSE
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the share price of Tata Chemicals Ltd today on the NSE?
What is the share price of Tata Chemicals Ltd today on the BSE?
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Tata Chemicals Ltd on the NSE?
Tata Chemicals Ltd stock price low: ₹981.15
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Tata Chemicals Ltd on the BSE?
Tata Chemicals Ltd stock price low: ₹ 981.5
What is the market cap of Tata Chemicals Ltd shares today?
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Tata Chemicals Ltd shares today on the NSE?
Tata Chemicals Ltd Lower Circuit: ₹902.95
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Tata Chemicals Ltd shares today on the BSE?
Tata Chemicals Ltd Lower Circuit: ₹903.05
What price did Tata Chemicals Ltd shares open on the NSE today?
What price did Tata Chemicals Ltd shares open on the BSE today?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Tata Chemicals Ltd shares on the NSE?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Tata Chemicals Ltd shares on the BSE?
What is Tata Chemicals Ltd 52-week high and low share price on the NSE?
52 Week Low: ₹773.35
What is Tata Chemicals Ltd 52-week high and low share price on the BSE?
52 Week Low: ₹773.9
What is Tata Chemicals Ltd stock symbol?
Can I buy Tata Chemicals Ltd shares on Holidays?
Tata Chemicals Limited (TCL) is a US$ 110 billion Tata Group subsidiary. The subsidiary was founded in 1939, at Mithapur, Gujarat. It is a holding company that manufactures consumer goods, crop management, agriculture inputs, nutritional solutions and inorganic compounds.
With factories across Asia, Europe, Africa, and North America, TCL is among the largest soda ash manufacturers in the world. Some of the biggest producers of detergents, glass, and other industrial goods in the world receive necessary materials from the company's industry basics product line.
TCL was established on 23 January 1939 as a public limited company registered in Maharashtra, India. L24239MH1939PLC002893 is the company's Corporate Identification Number (CIN). 002893 is the company’s registration number.
TCL globally leads in the iodised salt industry. They are a top producer of urea and phosphatic fertilisers. TCL’s urea plant, in Babrala, Uttar Pradesh, is India's most energy-efficient fertiliser factory.
TCL Innovation Centre is devoted to top-notch research and development (R&D) activities in the burgeoning fields of nanotechnology and biotechnology. The business's Centre for Agri-Solutions and Technology offers guidance on agricultural techniques and crop nutrition strategies.
The following are the recent events and milestones in TCL’s company journey.
- Start building a 5,000 MT fructooligosaccharides production facility in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh.
- The company is awarded with the prestigious Fair Business Practices Award at the 30th Jamnalal Bajaj Awards.
- TCL lists as one of the top 25 innovative Indian corporations.
- The company starts recycling lithium-ion batteries.
- Tata Global Beverages and TCL announce a merger of their consumer operations to form a firm specialising in consumer products.
- The company completes the Consumer Products Business's demerger as a step towards becoming a science-driven chemistry firm.
- The company secures land in Gujarat's Dholera area, for the Energy Sciences vertical to build a brand-new manufacturing facility.
TCL has two business segments: basic chemistry products and specialty products.
The basic chemistry product segment produces inorganic chemistry products for various industries, including detergents, glass, pharmaceuticals, bakeries, among others. Its basic chemical item includes:
- Soda Ash: Soda ash is used in making glass, soaps, cement, and detergents. It is also used in the processing of textiles and metals. Caustic soda is used to produce gypsum, rayon, and paper.
- Salt: TCL manufactures four types of salt: crystalline salt, iodised salt, pure salt, and vacuum salt. TCL produces around 3,50,000 tons of vacuum-evaporated iodised salt.
- Sodium Bicarbonate and other products like liquid bromine, hydrochloric acid, hydrobromic acid, and liquid chlorine.
TCL’s fertiliser manufacturing facility, with an installed capacity of 8,64,000 tons per annum, is located in Babrala, Uttar Pradesh. The facility contributes 12% of all urea made by the private sector in India.
Further, TCL, under the brand TATA NQ, produces and markets specialised nutritional products, most of which contain the prebiotic dietary fibre fructooligosaccharide (FOS).
For the quarter that ended on 30th September 2022, Rallis India reported consolidated revenue of ₹951 crore, up 31% from ₹727 crore for a comparable quarter the previous year, 2021.
- The company's compounded profit growth and compounded sales growth between 2019 and 2022 has been measured to be 7%.
- Revenue increased at an annual rate of 4.68% between 2017 and 2022 compared to the industry average of 13.17%.
- The company's market capitalisation as of 2022 is ₹27,195 crore.
- For the fiscal year that ended on March 31, 2022, the company's EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortisation) fell by -14.92%.
- TCL's total operating revenue was ₹3721 crore, and equity capital was ₹255 crore for the year ended 31st March 2022.
- The company's total assets have increased by 8.96% in 2022, while the liabilities have fallen by -16.08%.
- The company's stock return between 2019 and 2022 has been measured at 68.32%. And its stock return for the period between 2017 and 2022 has been measured at 48.41%.
- From 2019 to 2022, TCL has maintained a ROE (Return On Equity) of 21.83% and ROCE (Return on Capital Employed) of 22.67%.
The executive management in TCL includes:
- Ratan N Tata (Chairman Emeritus)
- R Mukundan (MD and CEO)
- C V Natraj (Ind. Non-Executive Director)
- S Padmanabhan (Non-Executive Non Ind.Director)
- Vibha Paul Rishi (Ind. Non-Executive Director)
- Zarir Langrana (Executive Director)
- N Chandrasekaran (Chairman, Non Ind and Non-Executive Director)
- Rajiv Dube (Ind. Non-Executive Director)
- Padmini Khare Kaicker (Ind. Non-Executive Director)
- K B S Anand (Ind. Non-Executive Director)
Investor Relations Contact
Mr Rajiv Chandan
General Counsel & CS
Tata Chemicals Limited
24, Bombay House, 1st Floor,
Homi Mody Street, Fort,
Mumbai 400 001,
Telephone : 91 - 22 - 66658282
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
TCL faces competition from other key players such as Pidilite Industries Ltd, SRF Ltd, Gujarat Fluorochemical, Solar Industries, Deepak Nitrite, Coromandel Int, Aarti Inds, Navin Fluorine International etc. The respective market capitalisation of these key players is as follows:
- Pidilite Industries Ltd- ₹1,35,269 crore
- SRF Ltd - ₹70,860 crore
- Gujarat Fluorochemical- ₹39,992 crore
- Solar Industries- ₹37,517 crore
- Deepak Nitrite- ₹28,890 crore
- Coromandel Intl- ₹27,172 crore
- Aarti Inds- ₹25,948crore
- Navin Fluorine International- ₹22,099 crore
Risks and concerns
- Risk of high energy costs
The industry faces the risk of increasing energy source prices, such as those for coal, natural gas, and oil, that may affect variable costs.
- Ageing workforce
Chemical firms face the risk of not being able to replace the process expertise and experience of their best-talented employees who are approaching retirement. Successfully replenishing the skills pipeline is affected by competitors outside the sector. This is because the younger workers generally chose less dangerous and relatively un-stressful employment that pays comparably.
- ESG (environmental, social, and governance) goals are being scrutinised more closely
ESG-related initiatives for chemical companies are anticipated to be thoroughly examined. Failing to reach these goals may result in serious reputational risks, the inability to raise funds, and possible regulatory risks.
- Risk of digitalisation
The industry faces the risk of failing to embrace digitalisation as a crucial tool for company growth.
- Safety risk
Failure to guarantee that safety hazards (related to behaviour, workplace, processes, and products), such as those of transmissible diseases like COVID-19, are contained is a potential risk.
- Instability in the supply chain
Current geopolitical and economic developments have made the supply chain issues that began in 2020 more difficult. This frequently results in higher costs for critical raw materials, equipment, and machinery. Furthermore, lengthy delays in delivery have caused businesses to close down facilities or miss contractually required delivery dates.
TSR Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Haji M. Patrawala Industrial Estate, 20, Dr. E. Moses Road, Mahalaxmi
Mumbai - 400011