PMAY (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana) 2023: Status, Eligibility, & Online Apply
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna intends to construct 2 crores (20 million) of affordable homes by the end of March 2022, PMAY is an effort by the Govt. of India to provide housing for poor urban people.
The plan was originally introduced on June 25, 2015. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna serves both India's urban and rural populations. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna is divided into two sections, as follows:
- Gramin/Rural Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY-G)
- Urban Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY-U)
This program works with others to guarantee that homes have plumbing, power, LPG connectivity, water for drinking, Jan Dhan banking services, etc. Homeless persons, poor urban residents, and citizens in the EWS and LIG categories will all benefit from this scheme.
As of December 28, 2019, 1 crore dwellings have been approved against an INR 1,12,00,000 demand. The PMAY-Urban scheme's implementation time has been extended till December 31, 2024.
The Union Cabinet decided in response to requests from Union Territories and states. Previously, the goal was to supply housing by March 2022.
The following list includes the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2019-2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- No beneficiary family member shall own a pucca house in India.
- The beneficiary household should not have utilized any housing programs offered by the Indian or state governments.
- The recipient family shouldn't have gotten a PMAY subsidy from any of the primary lending institutions (PLIs).
- Home loan borrowers who received the PMAY subsidy but switched to a different lender throughout the loan term under a home loan balance transfer are ineligible to receive the benefit again.
- A married couple will be qualified for a single subsidy whether they own their property jointly or separately.
- Families receiving benefits under the MIG income group must provide their Aadhaar numbers to receive the benefit.
- While individuals in the LIG and MIG income groups will only be eligible for the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) under PMAY 2019 - 2020, beneficiaries in the EWS category will receive full support under the program.
- Basic services, including water, sanitization, sewerage, roads, electricity, etc., must be present on the land to qualify for the CLSS subsidy. The property must be situated in Statutory Towns as defined by the Census of 2011 and in Towns Notified Subsequently, including Notified Planning/ Development Areas.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) Types – PMAY G & PMAY U
PM Awas Yojana caters to both the rural and urban populations of India. And on this basis, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna is classified into 2 parts:
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G)
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U)
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G)
The "Housing for All" program was intended to be strengthened by the introduction of the PMAY-G. The "Housing for All" program will be fully implemented by 2022, according to the vision set forward by the federal government. The PMAY-G program's primary goal is to equip pucca houses with some of the necessities.
This program is designed for individuals who do not own a home and those who reside in severely damaged or kutcha-style housing. The minimum requirement of the dwellings required underneath the PMAY-G initiative has been increased from 20 to 25 square meters.
Characteristics of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin (PMAY-G):
- Families that previously lived in Kuccha houses will be provided permanent housing.
- Previously, the dwelling size was only 20 sq.m. under the Indira Awas Yojana, but it has been extended to 25 sq.m. under PMAYG, along with a clean kitchen.
- All document verification in this scheme will be conducted by the corresponding gram Sabha on the official govt websites.
- Earlier, the number of homes built under the Indira Awas Yojana was seventy thousand for non-hilly regions and seventy-five thousand for hilly or difficult areas. Under PMAYG, the budget for building houses is INR 1.20 lakhs for non-hilly areas and INR 1.30 lakhs for hilly or difficult areas.
- All construction in the union territory will be funded solely by the federal govt. The overall cost of housing for hilly regions will be shared 40:60 by the central and state govt. and 10:90 by hilly regions.
- After Aadhar authentication, all transactions and payments would be made directly to the beneficiaries' bank accounts.
- All eligible yojana beneficiaries are eligible for a loan of up to seventy thousand. The interest rate on this loan will be subsidized at 3%.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U)
PMAY-U, an Indian government flagship initiative introduced on June 25, 2015, is being carried out by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs. The initiative proposes to address the scarcity of urban housing among the EWS/LIG and MIG categories, including slum dwellers, by providing a pukka house to qualified urban households by 2022, when the country will be celebrating its 75th anniversary of independence.
The States' and Union Territories' demand evaluations are used to calculate the housing deficit under PMAY-U. State Level Nodal Agencies, Urban Local Bodies, Implementing Agencies, Central Nodal Agencies, and Primary Lending Institutions are the main participants. They significantly contribute to the success of PMAY implementation and implementation.
Every PMAY-U home comes standard with a bathroom, kitchen, running water, and electricity. The mission encourages women's empowerment by allowing female or joint members to acquire property.
Furthermore, those with disabilities, the elderly, SC, ST, OBC, minority groups, single women, transgender people, and other weak and more disadvantaged sections in society are given preference. A good standard of living, as well as a sense of security and pride in their home, is guaranteed to PMAY(U) recipients.
- The mission includes Statutory Towns, Notified Planning Areas, Development Authorities, Special Area Development Authorities, Industrial Development Authorities, and any other institution charged with urban planning and supervision under State legislation.
- The "Housing for All" Campaign for urban areas will be undertaken from 2015 to 2022, with the mission of providing central aid to implementing partners via States and UTs to give houses to all eligible families by 2022.
- Except for the component of credit-related subsidy, which will be implemented as a Central Sector Scheme, the mission will be implemented as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS).
- The mission, in its entirety, went into force on June 17, 2015, and will be carried out until March 31, 2022.
Application Procedure for the PM Awas Yojana
The "Housing For All" initiative by PMAY intends to provide housing to millions of poor urban people. The government has designated over two thousand five hundred eight communities and towns across the union's 26 states, with plans to build over two million dwellings by the 2022 deadline.
The deadline for LIG and EWS category applications is March 31, 2022. Category MIG (I and II) applicants for the PMAY program. The Cabinet of the Union delayed implementation until December 31, 2024.
How to Apply for a House Under PMAY
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Development has established a straightforward procedure that enables individuals to apply for a home under the program. A person must fill out all pertinent information about themselves on the form, which is essentially two pages long.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is divided into two categories
The economically Weaker Section (EWS), Middle Income Group (MIG), and Lower Income Group (LIG), are regarded as beneficiaries under the "Housing for All" scheme under the other 3 components. The annual income cap for EWS is INR 3 lakhs.
The LIG's annual maximum income ranges from INR 3 lakhs to INR 6 lakhs. The maximum yearly income for MIG is between INR 6 lakh and INR 18 lakh. MIG and LIG categories have access to the CLSS component. On the other hand, EWS is qualified for support in all verticals.
Slum Dwellers - A slum is a community where sixty to seventy households, or around three hundred people, live in structurally unsound homes. These places are dirty and lack adequate infrastructure, water for drinking, and sanitary facilities. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana's Housing for All by 2022 initiative is open to these persons.
Applying Online for PMAY Benefits Under the Other 3 Components
Candidate must submit their data to apply for the program. The following are the steps:
- To access the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana website, go to pmaymis.gov.in.
- Choosing "Benefits under other three components" from the drop-down option next to "Citizen Assessment" will be effective.
- Provide your Aadhaar number and submit (The website will check the submitted Aadhaar information).
- If the data you entered is correct, you will be taken to the next page. Here you will enter all the necessary data, including: your name, income, the number of family members you have, your address, your phone number, the age of the family's head of household, your religion and caste, and other specifics.
- Scroll down, enter the captcha, and after finishing the form, click the submit button. Consequently, the PMAY online application process is completed. You can amend the form if you enter the data incorrectly using your application and Aadhaar number.
How Slum Dwellers Can Apply Online for the PM Awas Yojana
Due to the integrated platform used by the PMAY website, the application that slum dwellers must use to apply for a house is the same. While the entire procedure outlined above will be followed, there is a brief side trip you need to make:
- Visit the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana website at pmaymis.gov.in.
- In the "Citizen Assessment" drop-down menu, select "For Slum Dwellers."
- Click "Submit" after entering your Aadhaar number. (The website will check to ensure the submitted Aadhaar information is accurate.)
- If the information provided is accurate, you will be directed to the next page. Here you must enter all the necessary details regarding your name, income, the number of family members you have, your address and phone number, the age of the family's head of household, your religion and caste, and other matters.
- Scroll down, enter the captcha code in the box, and then click submit once all the information has been provided.
How to Check Your PMAY's Status
The status of your PMAY application can be followed. Your online PMAY application status can be checked by inputting information like name, father's name, and mobile number, or assessment ID.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Features and Benefits (PMAY)
PMAY has numerous characteristics and benefits, which are briefly summarized below:
- Differently abled and senior folks might choose to live on the bottom floor under the PMAY scheme.
- Houses will be built utilizing environmentally friendly and sustainable methods.
- Before construction, building designs must be approved.
- There is no cap on the size of house loans or the value of properties.
- The standard of the home or apartment will be in accordance with the National Building Code (NBC) and National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA).
- Encourages female homeowners and co-applicants.
- The program offers all recipients who take up loans with maturities of up to 20 years an interest subsidy rate of up to 6.5% on home loans.
However, the subsidies for interest rates change depending on income levels.
- Up to INR 6 lakh annually - For loans up to INR 6 lakh, credit-linked subsidies of 6.5% would be made available.
- Up to INR 12 lakh annually - 4% interest subsidy on a INR 9 lakh loan would be given to people having income up to INR 12 lakh a year.
- Up to INR 18 lakh annually - 3% subsidy on INR 12 lakh loan would be available to anyone earning up to INR 18 lakh annually.
- Any extra loan above the subsidized amount of the loan will be charged at a non-subsidized interest rate.
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana makes a significant effort to assist you in realizing your dream of home ownership. Given that EMIs may become more affordable, you are more motivated to apply for a home loan from a bank or a private housing financing firm.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can a person submit an application more than once?
You cannot submit a second home application under PMAY. Be aware that the government requests your Aadhaar number when you apply, and you risk fines and jail time if they suspect you are trying to cheat them.
Has PMAY been exceeded in 2022?
The federal government extended the PMAY program's two components' expiration dates. Until the end of March 2024, the PMAY-Gramin program is still in effect. Before December 2024, the PMAY-Urban program will expire.
Why was my application for PMAY denied?
You will not be qualified to receive the benefits provided by the PMAY plan if you are already a homeowner or if a home is registered in your name or the name of a member of your immediate family. Giving false or inaccurate information in this situation will result in the rejection of your application.
Who will not be eligible for PMAY?
Anyone who has previously benefited from a central or state government-run housing project or who owns a pucca house in the nation is not eligible for a PMAY Home Loan if their yearly income is more than INR 18 lakhs.
Can I apply for PMAY after receiving my bank loan for a year?
Yes, you may submit a PMAY application following loan disbursement. But if you don't act fast, you can miss out on receiving PMAY payments.
What is the purpose of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban), and what does it cover?
On June 25, 2015, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) was launched to provide pakka houses to all eligible urban residents by 2022. The mission provides Central Assistance to implementing agencies via States/Union Territories (UTs) and Central Nodal Agencies (CNAs) to fulfil the validated demand for around 1.12 crore houses by building homes for all eligible households and beneficiaries. The female head of the household must be the owner or co-owner of the dwelling under this mission, according to a requirement set forth by PMAY(U).