Bank of Baroda - BOB Net Banking
Ranked among the top five public sector banks in India with a strong footprint in the domestic and overseas market, Bank of Baroda ( BoB) has come a long way since its inception in 1908 at Vadodara.
Backed by a domestic network of 8214 branches, largely spread across (~58%) the rural and semi urban areas and significant overseas presence with 96 offices across 19 countries, worldwide.
As one of India's leading PSBs' , the GoI is BoB's largest shareholder with a stake of 63.97% (as on March 31 2021).
The bank offers a comprehensive portfolio of services, both offline and online across customer profiles, retail and corporate.
The bank's digital banking solutions is christened as 'BoB World Internet, which provides customers an entire suite of user friendly, compatible, customisable services, everytime, everywhere, as per your convenience. For example, through BoB world internet, customers can:
- Transfer funds through IMPS/ NEFT or RTGS
- Pay their Taxes , utility bills
- Pay EMIs, insurance premiums
- Book rail & air tickets online
- Open online fixed deposit or recurring deposit
- Initiate stop payment option
- Subscribe to IPOs
- Request for issuance of cheque books
- Opt for debit card management services - for Card issuance, set limit, PIN, block for debit cards
- Make quick fund transfers
- Make use of multiple workflows for corporate user accounts
- Utilise bulk payment facility
Are you tempted to know more about BoB
World Internet Banking?
Let us understand the nuances of the registration process.
As a customer, retail or corporate, you can register for BoB's online services through the following channels:
- Netbanking portal
- Through a bank branch
- ATM/Debit card
- To begin with, simply log in to the official web portal, www.bobibanking.com and download the internet banking application form from the Home Page. There are separate forms for retail and corporate customers ( comprising companies, partnership firms, HUFs, sole proprietors).
- Select the appropriate option and press the download tab.
- Alternatively, you may also source the internet banking application form from the bank branch.
- Fill in the relevant fields and submit your application form in your branch bank.
- You will receive your user id on your registered email id.
- You now have to set your password by using the option “Set Password/Forgot Password”.
- Alternatively, retail customers with BoB's active debit card may register themselves via debit card by clicking on the tab'‘Online Registration using Debit Card’ which is available on the login page.
- You can now just login to the website using the User ID and password.
It is very critical to reset your password after the first login. Let us understand the password process in detail.
- To begin with, login to the bank's web portal and press the tab ‘Retail User’.
- Now type your user id and press ‘Enter’.
- A new page opens up, click on the ‘forgot sign in password? tab.
- Just answer the security questions chosen by you at the time of net banking registration and press ‘submit’.
- Now enter your registered mobile number and click ‘submit’.
- An OTP ( one -time password would be generated on your registered mobile number.
Key in the OTP details and press ‘submit’.
- Finally, reset your password by mentioning the new password twice and press ‘submit’.
- You will receive a notification on your screen, upon successful completion of the task.
- You can login to BoB world internet by typing your user id & new password.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q. How do I retrieve my user id?
Just simply login to the official web portal of the bank. Navigate through the home page and press the tab “Forgot User ID”
Q. What is the maximum threshold daily limit for online fund transfer?
For BoB's customers, the maximum daily fund transfer limit via IMPS channel is ₹2 lakhs and through NEFT is ₹5 lakhs.
Q. Who all are not eligible to avail the bank's net banking services?
As per the bank's protocols, the following are not eligible for services.
- Dormant accounts holder
- Inoperative accounts holder
- Holder in accounts where garnishee / attachment order is received.
Q. How do I choose an appropriate combination of characters for resetting my password, regularly?
Keep the following in mind while resetting your password.
- It must be minimum 8 digit long and maximum 16 digit long.
- It must be a combination of alphabets, numbers and special characters.
- It should not contain all the letters used in your user id.
- Passwords are case sensitive i.e. if it is in small letters use the same. If you use capital letters, it will not work.
- For security purposes, your password will be automatically blocked, if an attempt to log in fails for five consecutive times.
Q. What are some of the important dos and don'ts to follow to ensure safe and secure online transactions?
There are a few best-in-class practices to follow with respect to digital banking to ensure safe and secured transactions, each time you login.
- The number one guideline is to never ever never save your passwords or PIN or any other sensitive data on any apps for login.
- Secondly, keep an active tab on your account statements on a regular basis so that you are mindful of all the debits that reflect in your statement. Regular monitoring ensures that any breach of security can be detected early and reported to your bank branch to minimise potential losses.
- Always ensure your wi-fi is password protected while using your net connection. Also, ensure that while on the move, you use your hotspot on your smartphone or use a private browser to access your online account.
- Make use of the 'SMS alerts and notification service from your handset. These alerts/ digital nudges are a good way to keep a tab on your transaction activities.
- Another very important practice is to always sign out from the web portal or mobile app after you have completed your netbanking/mobile banking transactions. Besides, always remember to clear your browser history and cache after you log off.
- Beware of phishing attacks. Never share your sensitive banking data such as account number, passwords, card CVV numbers, OTPs etc
- Never click on any link provided in the email / SMS message etc. Always type the bank website URL in the address link of the browser to access your account.