Market Cap103,059.70 Crore
Circuit Range₹250- ₹305.30
Day Range₹276.10- ₹278.90
Year Range₹206.00- ₹340.75
Top Indices & Stocks
Vedanta Limited Quick Overview
Vedanta Limited is an India-based diversified natural resources company. The Company produces aluminum, copper, zinc, lead, silver, iron ore, oil and gas, and commercial energy. It operates through five reportable segments: oil and gas, aluminum, copper, iron ore and power. Its aluminum business includes a refinery and captive power plant at Lanjigarh and a smelter and captive power plants at Jharsuguda, both situated in the state of Odisha in Eastern India. Its power operations include a thermal coal-based commercial power facility of 600 megawatts (MW) at Jharsuguda. It is also in the business of commercial power generation, steel manufacturing and port operations in India and manufacturing of glass substrates in South Korea and Taiwan. It has operations in India, Zambia, Namibia and South Africa. Its subsidiaries include Cairn Energy Hydrocarbons Limited, Sesa Mining Corporation Limited, Copper Mines of Tasmania Pty Ltd and others.
MF Return Calculator
Future Value Calculator
Option Value Calculator
Compound Annual Growth Rate Calculator
National Savings Certificate Calculator
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Compound Interest Calculator
Atal Pension Yojana Calculator
Simple Interest Calculator
Fixed Deposit Calculator
Key Indices in NSE
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the share price of Vedanta Limited today on the NSE?
What is the share price of Vedanta Limited today on the BSE?
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Vedanta Limited on the NSE?
Vedanta Limited stock price low: ₹276.1
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Vedanta Limited on the BSE?
Vedanta Limited stock price low: ₹ 276.1
What is the market cap of Vedanta Limited shares today?
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Vedanta Limited shares today on the NSE?
Vedanta Limited Lower Circuit: ₹249.8
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Vedanta Limited shares today on the BSE?
Vedanta Limited Lower Circuit: ₹249.85
What price did Vedanta Limited shares open on the NSE today?
What price did Vedanta Limited shares open on the BSE today?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Vedanta Limited shares on the NSE?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Vedanta Limited shares on the BSE?
What is Vedanta Limited 52-week high and low share price on the NSE?
52 Week Low: ₹206
What is Vedanta Limited 52-week high and low share price on the BSE?
52 Week Low: ₹206.1
What is Vedanta Limited stock symbol?
Can I buy Vedanta Limited shares on Holidays?
An Indian multinational mining company headquartered in Mumbai, India, Vedanta Limited started in the 1980s and was originally incorporated as Sterlite Industries. Over the years, it has grown to set up its main operations in iron ore, gold, and aluminium mines in Goa, Karnataka, Rajasthan and Odisha and has even expanded abroad to areas such as South Africa, Liberia, and Namibia. The company has positioned itself as a leading natural resources conglomerate, aiming for large scale expansion of its portfolio with operational excellence that meet global standards. For over two decades, the corporation has facilitated the growth of the economy through contribution and creation of thousands of jobs.Aiming to become the ESG leader in the natural resources sector, the company has put in place a comprehensive framework that is expected to reduce carbon emissions to zero by 2050 or sooner. The organisation has pledged about $5 billion for the next 10 years to help speed up the transition to net-zero operations. Vedanta continues to foster structurally low-cost and diverse assets with excellent potential, which helps them achieve their goals. They are investing heavily in smarter processes, industry-leading efficiencies, empowerment of people, and strong corporate governance so as to efficiently address the nation’s growing needs. The company prides itself on supporting their strategic decisions with robust cash flows, disciplined capital allocation, and focus on sustainability.
Core Activities & Products
One of the world’s top conglomerates of natural resources, Vedanta’s primary interests lie in aluminium, zinc-lead-silver, oil and gas, steel, copper, power, iron ore, nickel, ferro alloys, glass display, semiconductors, and optical fibre. Their core products are:
- Zinc, Lead, and Silver
- Oil & Gas
- Iron Ore
- Ferro Chrome
Board of Directors
- Anil Agarwal, Non-Executive Chairman
- Navin Agarwal, Executive Vice Chairman
- Sunil Duggal, Whole-time Director & Chief Executive Officer
- Priya Agarwal, Non-Executive Director
- Dindayal Jalan, Independent Director
- U K Sinha, Independent Director
- Padmini Sekhsaria, Independent Director
- Akhilesh Joshi, Independent Director
- Sunil Duggal, Whole-time Director & Chief Executive Officer
- Priya Agarwal, Non-Executive Director
- Ajay Goel, Acting Chief Financial Officer
- Madhu Srivastava, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Sharad Gargiya, Chief Commercial Officer
- Arun Misra, Chief Executive Officer Hindustan Zinc Limited
- Rahul Trivedi Sharma, Deputy Chief Executive Officer Aluminium Business
- Prachur Sah, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Cairn Oil & Gas
- Sauvick Mazumdar, Chief Executive Officer, Iron & Steel Business
- Vibhav Agarwal, Chief Executive Officer, Power
- Dilip Golani, President, Management Assurance Services
- Ritu Jhingon, Director, Communications & CEO, Nand Ghar
- Rajinder Singh Ahuja, Head, HSE & Sustainability
- Dr. Sanjeev Gemawat, Group Chief Counsel
Vedanta Limited is one of the leading conglomerates of natural resources in the world, operating mainly across India, South Africa, Liberia, and Namibia. With its headquarters in Mumbai, India, this multinational mining company has its operational mines in Goa, Karnataka, Rajasthan and Odisha.
Vedanta Resources Ltd., Selenium Building,
Tower- B, Plot No 31 & 32, Gachibowli Financial District,
Hyderabad Rangareddy - 500032, Telangana
On its journey to become one of the foremost conglomerates in this industry, the organisation has built several strengths to help them get to the top. The strengths of the company that have affected the Vedanta share price are:
- Diversified Business: Dealing with clients from all around the world, Vedanta is one of the leading businesses in its industry.
- Customer Satisfaction: The company heavily focuses on its strong and dedicated customer relationship management and has been able to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Strong Network: Over the years, Vedanta has built a reliable distribution network, which helps it reach its targeted market.
- Strong Assets: To cater to their global network of consumers, Vedanta has set up their mines and manufacturing units in India as well as abroad.
- Strong Financial Position: The company’s automation of activities, successful marketing strategies, successful execution of new products, and a highly skilled workforce has made it a strong force to reckon with in the industry.
CSR and SustainabilityThrough its various business initiatives and practices, Vedanta Limited is aiding social and community development with community transformation programs that focus on upskilling youth and women via vocational, agriculture, and sports skill-building training. Their projects such as Nand Ghar, Stitching Breaks, The Chains Of Poverty, and more, have only aided in the same. Being in the natural resources industry, they also focus on transforming the environment, with projects and infrastructure focused on climate change, water, waste, and biodiversity.Vedanta Power’s CSR contribution in FY '20-21 was about ₹3.31 billion, which impacted more than 40 million people around the country, of which, 0.7 million were children, whose education and well-being were taken care of by the conglomerate. It’s various Group companies also have their own individual CSR projects that ensure growth and development at grassroot levels.
CriticismDespite its strong position in the industry, the company has attracted certain criticisms:
- Investment in Innovation: Even though the company’s investment in Research and Development is above average, it is still lagging behind its competitors in this context, which affects its sales and brand image.
- Organisation Structure: Their organisation structure seems to only be compatible with its current and previous business model, which can limit the expansion of new products and moving into new sectors.
- Allegations: The company has been accused of several alleged practices such as illegal mining, that have spoiled the brand name.
- Government Intervention: Heavy government intervention in the business often causes operation inefficiency. Technology: Given the scale of expansion the company is planning in different areas, it needs more investments in new technologies.
The Covid19 induced lockdowns around the world had a limited impact on the company. An increase in export offset the temporary decline in domestic demand for their products. Given its operations in essential commodities, the conglomerate was able to float over the pandemic. However, the company did monitor the disruption in supply chains and fall in demand closely. The company had pledged Rs. 2.51 billion to several community relief initiatives, including Vedanta Field Hospitals, oxygen supply, vaccination drives, preventive healthcare, Meals For All, and employee welfare programmes. Through this, they were able to reach out and aid lakhs of people to prevent the spread of the virus. They are expected to maintain their operating profitability in FY21 despite the weaker outlook of several commodity prices.
If you are looking for stocks with a good return on investment, Vedanta Limited can be a viable option. By the end of August, 2022, their quote was equal to 269.400 INR. We predict a long-term increase. If you look at a 5-year investment, the revenue is expected to be around +154.74%. This means that if you invest Rs. 1000 in it’s shares, you may be able to earn upto Rs. 2540 by 2027.