Bank of India Netbanking
Established in 1906, the Mumbai headquartered Bank of India (BoI) is the sixth-largest PSB ( public sector bank) in India with the Government of India being its majority stakeholder at 81.4% as on (September, 2021).
Backed by an asset base of ₹725,856 crore (F2021), BoI has a strong domestic presence largely in the rural and semi- urban areas with a network of 5,108 branches and 5,551 ATMs across India ( as on March 31, 2021). In addition, BoI has a presence in 18 countries, worldwide.
Catering to both, retail and corporate customers, BoI has a comprehensive netbanking solutions portfolio ranging from online fund transfer, viewing your account statements online, cheque paid status, deposit opening, deposit closure/deposit renewal and much more as per your convenience, anytime, anywhere.
Tempted to know more about net banking
Understand in detail the registration requirements-
- For starters, you need to have a registered mobile number with the bank and an active ATM debit card.
- You can begin by logging into BoI's web portal, www.bankofindia.co.in
- Press the in Internet Banking tab and select ' Personal'.
- A window will open up displaying the browser requirements and toll free number, just press the 'OK' tab.
- On a new page, you will see tab ' new Internet Banking.
- Key in your BOI account number followed by a registered Mobile number and then enter the Captcha Code and press 'Continue' tab.
- You can now key in your ATM card details for authentication.
- Press the tab on 'continue for confirmation' and click on I Agree for “Terms & Conditions”.
- Upon verification of the data, a new window opens up to create a login password.
- You can create your cryptic password and click on ' continue'.
- A new window opens up with details of reference number, account number, customer id, name, login user id and net banking details.
- You will then receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
Another important point to note is that your BoI's customer ID/User id is your net banking user id which is a unique 9-digits number to identify customer details.
Each time you login to the web portal, you have to enter this user id to get access to your netbanking account.
There are four different channels through which you can find out your customer id in situations where you have forgotten the id details.
- You can locate your user id through a mobile banking application available on your Android and iOS. Once you download the app, just navigate to the 'profile section'.
- You can locate your user id on the pdf copy of your account statement.
- The user id is also printed on the front page of your passbook.
- Lastly, you can call customer care branch representative to know User ID by dialling 1800220229/18001031906.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q. What is the maximum fund transfer threshold for net banking with BOI?
The maximum fund transfer threshold is pegged at ₹20 lakh/ day for a retail customer across mobile and internet banking channels such as RTGS, NEFT, IMPS and UPI.
Q. Is it possible to register for BoI's net banking without a phone number?
No, you cannot register for a netbanking account without a registered mobile number which is linked to your bank account.
To complete the registration process, you have to enter the OTP which will only be sent on your registered mobile number which is linked to your bank account.
Q. What should i do in a situation where i cannot recollect my user id or i haven't yet received it?
In such a scenario, you could:
- Contact your bank branch
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call at 91-22-40919191.
Q. Why has my password been disabled?
In a scenario wherein the net banking user makes three invalid login attempts, your netbanking access is blocked on security related grounds and you will receive a message – ‘Invalid User Id or Password'.
To unlock your netbanking access offline, get in touch with the branch.or download the '
password regeneration form from web portal, https://starconnectcbs.bankofindia.
Fill in the relevant fields and email@
email@example.com with the attachment.
To unlock your netbanking access online
- Begin with by logging into bankofindia.co.in web portal
- Navigate to the netbanking section 'personal' and locate the 'Forgot Password' option
- Now key in your net banking User ID and Account Number and press
- After verification, another window opens up to enter your debit card details ( last four digits of debit card)
- Enter Debit cum ATM pin, expiry date of the card in MM/YY format and press 'submit'
- On a new page, enter the new password and then reconfirm your new password.
- You can now press submit to complete the reset login password.
Q. Are there any charges to reset the BOI login password?
This service is free to all BoI account holders.