Union Bank Netbanking
Whether you wish to simply view your account statement and transaction details or you want to transfer funds to your own or third party bank account or you want to transfer funds through RTGS/NEFT or you want to make your tax payments, utility bill payments, book your air and railway ticket, pay your insurance premiums or make your mutual fund and credit card payments, Union Bank of India's net banking services makes all of the above transaction a breeze.
You can execute all of the above transaction 24*7*365 from a location of your convenience.
Ranked among the top five Public Sector Banks ( PSB), Union Bank of India has wide geographical reach across India especially after the amalgamation of Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank into Union Bank ( which has been effective since 2000).
As a nationalised bank, the Government holds a majority stake in Union Bank pegged at 83.5% (as on June 30, 2021).
Founded in 1919, headquartered in Mumbai, the bank has a strong domestic footprints with 8850+ domestic branches and also has three branches overseas, Hongkong, UAE and Australia. The bank has an asset base of ₹1064937 crore ( FY2021) backed by a comprehensive solutions portfolio.
Hope by now you are eager to open a netbanking account with Union Bank of India.
Let us understand the nuances of opening such an account.
For starters, you must have at least one operating account with any authorised branch of Union Bank of India.
Secondly, the customer would have to create his/her password through;
- Self user creation and reset password modules
- Send in an application to the bank branch for a printable form of password.
It is important to note that while the password generation through self user mode is free of charge, for the printable option a service charge of ₹150 as postal charge and ₹30 per password is applicable to retail customers.
Thirdly, as a customèr, you can access the following channels to access the net banking services of Union Bank:
- For example, if you have an ATM cum debit card, then you can create a net banking user id and password by logging into the bank's web portal www.unionbankonline.co.in and using its 'self user creation' module. You could also reset/generate passwords through the 'self user creation module' without the hassle of visiting the branch.
- For customers who don't have an ATM cum debit card and still wish to apply for net banking services with Union Bank may do so by logging to the bank's web portal www.unionbankonline.co.in and navigate through the ' self user creation module' to create their user id and password. It is important to note that in this case the customer would be granted only ' viewing access' . In case you wish to access ' transaction access' you then have to create a 'transaction password' through the forgot/reset password page.
Let us understand the nuances of activating Union Bank net banking through the Self user creation method.
- To begin with, login to the official web portal of Union bank at www.unionbankonline.co.in
- Navigate through the home page and press the ‘Self User Creation’ option tab. A new page would open up with two options.
1.Online Self User Creation – Retail users having a debit card
2.Online Self User Creation (view only facility) – Retail users without debit card.
- Select one of the above options and press ' Continue'
- Fill in the relevant fields with details pertaining to account number, DOB, PAN, and press ‘Continue’
- You can now enter your debit card number, PIN, any one of the last five transactions. Press ‘Submit’
- You will now see your user-id and name displayed. will be displayed. Verify and then press 'Continue’.
- You can now set your login and transaction password and press the ‘Submit’ tab.
- It is important to note that it would take ~24 hours for the bank to validate your request and register your account for net-banking services.
- Once processed, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number
- You can log-in to Union Bank Net-banking with your user-ID and password after 48 hours.
- It is advisable to reset your netbanking password as a part of good cyber practices.
- Just login to the bank's web portal and press the ‘Forgot/Reset Password’ tab on the home page.
- Alternatively, you can also get a printed password couriered to your registered mailing address.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q. What are some of the important guidelines with regards to netbanking password?
- It is compulsory to change the automated generated password at the time of your first login.
- It is advisable to keep changing your password once every three months.
- Your password has to be a complex mix of alphabets, numbers and characters, alphanumeric with minimum 8 and maximum 14 characters.
- Do not share your password with absolutely anyone.
Q. What is the threshold limit for fund transfer with Union Bank net banking?
A limit of ₹5lacs per day has been set. The customer just needs to type the beneficiary's valid account number and IFSC code to initiate the fund transfer.
Q. What is the customer ID in Union Bank of India? Is it the same as user id?
Every netbanking customer at Union Bank is issued a 9 digit unique number, your customer id with the help of which you can carry out your internet banking transactions.
Yes, the customer is the same as the user id.
In fact, your cheque book has the customer ID printed on its first page.
It is important to note that your user ID is disabled if there are 3 incorrect attempts to log on to your netbanking account.
Q. What are some of the 'dont's i need to be aware of so as to ensure safe and secure netbanking transactions?
- To begin with, never share your netbanking confidential details such as user id, password, account number or card details with anyone in any form of communication.
- Beware of any communication from look alike websites. Always visit the bank's official web portal and not through links provided in emails or third-party websites.
- Do Not respond to any pop-up windows asking for any confidential information.
Q. What are the important documents required for self user creation of a netbanking account?
- Debit card and PIN
- Account Number (linked to your Debit Card)
- Date of Birth or PAN number
- Details of any 1 out of the last 5 transactions for the above account.
- Your mobile number & e-mail id should be present for above account at branch (one time activity)
Q. Is there a customer redressal cell for net banking customers?
In case you face any issues with net banking platform, for troubleshooting, you may call the customer care cell, available 24*7 across India at toll-free Number - 1800 208 2244/1800 22 22 44 or at tolled customer Care No.- +91-80-61817110 to register your queries, issues and concerns.