HDFC Bank NetBanking - Online Login, Registration, & Activation
'Click-Click' , vyola! it's done. Be it your order from your favorite restaurant or planning your vacation or paying your utility bills, the pace of digitization of services across industries over the last decade has indeed been transformational and overwhelming.
We as consumers are now increasingly using digital technology, given its obvious benefits of convenience, speed of execution, security and access to information and enhanced decision making.
Let me explain this net banking funda in detail; you may come across a few technical words, don't get bogged down by this, I promise to keep it as simple as I can.
Basically, net banking is using your laptop or desktop or your smartphone to carry out your banking transactions through a 'click of a button' instead of visiting your local branch to execute your transactions.
Say for example, you need a cheque book, instead of physically visiting the branch, you could place a request online.
With a click of a button, you can pay your insurance premiums, your EMIs, your utility bill online. You can avail a loan, transfer funds, generate e- account statements and many more services at your convenience.
So basically, through net banking the customer can access his/her account information, products and other services through the Internet at his/her convenience.
At this juncture, you may be eager to know as to how to get started with net banking, isn't it? However, as a first time user you may have some resistance, don't worry as the process is very simple.
Let me elaborate on this.
- To begin with your NetBanking endeavour, you decide to open a simple online savings account with HDFC Bank by logging into the bank's web portal, www.hdfcbank.com through your mobile phone or laptop/desktop.
- Secondly, you need to provide basic KYC documents to open a savings account such as your Aadhar card and two passport size photographs. You then submit the KYC documents online and verify yourself through a video call by providing access to your location, microphone and camera on your smartphone with HDFC Bank officials.
- You then click on the ' Login' icon which asks you to enter customer ID and password.
- As a first time user, you will be provided with customer ID and account number.
- You can now begin operating your savings account by creating your own password.
- By confirming your registered mobile number, you then input OTP ( One Time Password) which you will receive on your mobile phone
- You then input your debit card details ( you would have received this card as a part of the welcome kit)
- Set your IPIN (Netbanking password)
- Login to HDFC netbanking using the newly set IPIN.
Hope we are on the same page.
Just wanted to elaborate further, in addition to the online medium, you can also register with HDFC netbanking services through various mediums such as:
- Phone Banking
- Visiting HDFC Bank branch
Steps to register for HDFC netbanking services through HDFC ATM.
- Visit the nearest HDFC ATM
- Enter your HDFC Bank debit card details and ATM pin
- Select netbanking registration option
- Click on confirm PIN for netbanking
- The PIN details will be couriered to you at your registered mailing address.
As mentioned above, another medium Let to register for HDFC netbanking services is through phone banking.
This process is also very simple.
- Just call at HDFC phone banking number in your city and share your customer ID and Telephone identification number ( TIN) or Debit card and PIN with HDFC officials who will initiate the process of your netbanking account request.
- Subsequently, your netbanking password ( IPIN) will be couriered within five working days on your registered mailing address.
In addition to online, ATM, phone-banking, the other medium to register for HDFC netbanking services is by physically visiting your HDFC bank branch.
This medium is also very simple as you need to download the netbanking registration form, fill the details and submit the form at your HDFC Bank branch.
Subsequently, your netbanking password ( IPIN) will be couriered within five working days on your registered mailing address
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q. What if I forget my HDFC online password? How do I get started with a net banking account in such a scenario?
No worries, it is very simple, just login to HDFC Bank Netbanking and click on “Forgot Password”.
- You will then be asked to share your Customer ID again and then validate your account through your debit card or ATM card details ( which you need to provide).
- The system will then send you an OTP on your mobile.
- Subsequently, it will ask you for a new password and confirm the new password.
- The final screen will inform you that your password has been reset and provide you a link to a fresh log-in with your new password.
Q. How do I navigate through the website if I get an error message while fulfilling a transaction? Is there any technical support available?
Yes! HDFC netbanking platform endeavours to provide hassle free, comprehensive, simplified and safe secure services to its customers.
You can resolve your queries through 24×7*365 IVR( Interactive Voice Recorder) and/or by calling our agents who are available between 8.00am to 8.00pm on all working days.
Q. Are there any direct or hidden charges for using HDFC netbanking platform?
No, this service is offered to all the retail banking customers of HDFC Bank at no charge.
However, service charge may be applicable for certain banking transactions.
Q. Is HDFC Bank's online platform safe?
Yes, it is safe to use the HDFC netbanking platform. Given the bank's established market leadership, impeccable track record and management pedigree, HDFC bank is India's largest private sector bank with total assets of USD270bn or ₹2,122,934 crore as on FY2022.
Q. What are the best practices to follow as a customer to ensure that my netbanking transactions are safe and secure?
There are two sides to every story. While the benefits of net banking are noteworthy, you as a customer need to be very alert that there are no security breaches at any point during your netbanking transactions.
Here are some of the best practices to follow to ensure safe and secure transactions.
- Keep changing your password once in three months and choose a strong password ( numbers and characters)
- Do not share your password details with anyone.
- Use only secured websites to login. Do Not follow an email link to the bank's website as hackers use proxy servers to steal data from users.
- Keep a tab on your account activity. Note down the date and time of your last login. In case of discrepancy, report the details to the bank.
- Keep your devices ( laptop/phones) up to date with the latest security updates.
- Beware of phishing emails and malware.