Market Cap256,114.80 Crore
Circuit Range₹749- ₹915.65
Day Range₹830.00- ₹848.45
Year Range₹618.25- ₹970.00
Top Indices & Stocks
Axis Bank Share Price
Why did AXIS BANK LTD. share price move today?
Axis Bank shares are trading higher after Citi maintained a Buy rating with a target price of ₹1080, noting FY24/25 return profile remains stable. The deal consolidates the lender’s market positioning translating into 19% growth in card base, 43% in credit card portfolio, 33% in Burgundy AUM, and 11% in SA deposits.
Axis Bank Limited Quick Overview
Axis Bank Limited is the third-largest private sector bank in India. The bank offers the entire spectrum of financial services to customer segments covering Large and Mid-Corporates, MSME, Agriculture, and Retail Businesses. The bank is one of the first new-generation private sector banks to have begun operations in 1994. The bank has a large footprint of 4,594 domestic branches (including extension counters) with 11,333 ATMs & 5,710 cash recyclers spread across the country as of 2021. The overseas operations of the bank are spread over eight international offices with branches at Singapore, Dubai (at DIFC) and Gift City-IBU; representative offices at Dhaka, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, and an overseas subsidiary in London, UK. The international offices focus on corporate lending, trade finance, syndication, investment banking, and liability businesses.
MF Return Calculator
Future Value Calculator
Option Value Calculator
Compound Annual Growth Rate Calculator
National Savings Certificate Calculator
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Compound Interest Calculator
Atal Pension Yojana Calculator
Simple Interest Calculator
Fixed Deposit Calculator
Key Indices in NSE
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the share price of Axis Bank Limited today on the NSE?
What is the share price of Axis Bank Limited today on the BSE?
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Axis Bank Limited on the NSE?
Axis Bank Limited stock price low: ₹830
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Axis Bank Limited on the BSE?
Axis Bank Limited stock price low: ₹ 830.15
What is the market cap of Axis Bank Limited shares today?
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Axis Bank Limited shares today on the NSE?
Axis Bank Limited Lower Circuit: ₹749.2
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Axis Bank Limited shares today on the BSE?
Axis Bank Limited Lower Circuit: ₹750.05
What price did Axis Bank Limited shares open on the NSE today?
What price did Axis Bank Limited shares open on the BSE today?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Axis Bank Limited shares on the NSE?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Axis Bank Limited shares on the BSE?
What is Axis Bank Limited 52-week high and low share price on the NSE?
52 Week Low: ₹618.25
What is Axis Bank Limited 52-week high and low share price on the BSE?
52 Week Low: ₹618.1
What is Axis Bank Limited stock symbol?
About Axis Bank
The third-largest private sector bank in India, Axis Bank offers a complete spectrum of financial services and tools to customers ranging from Mid to Large sized corporations, MSME, individuals, agriculture, and retail businesses.Headquartered in Mumbai, the corporation takes pride in its large network of over 4,750 branches 10,000 ATMS peppered across India. As of March 2022, the bank also had 6 Virtual Centres and over 1,500 Virtual Relationship Managers. Outside India, the bank has expanded its operations across Singapore, Dubai, United Kingdom, Dhaka, Abu Dhabi, and more. The international branches focus on Corporate Lending, Trade Finance, Syndication, Investment Banking, Liability Businesses, and Private Banking/Wealth Management offerings.Incorporated in 1993, Axis Bank is one of the first new generation banks in the private sector with a balance sheet size of Rs. 11,75,178 Crore which was on 31 March, 2022.
Core Activities & Products
Since setting up in 1993, the bank has made it its priority to offer more and better products and services to their clientele, including:
- Retail Banking: Through its retail banking services, Axis Bank offers individuals a variety of services, including, accounts, deposits, cards, loans, forex, insurance, investment, government products, fast tag, and freecharge pay later facilities.
- Agri & Rural: These services, aimed mainly at agricultural businesses and setups in rural areas, include special loans for various requirements, special banking branches set up in remote areas, as well as financial inclusion.
Board of Directors
- Rakesh Makhija, Non Executive (Part Time) Chairman and Independent Director
- Amitabh Chaudhry, Managing Director and CEO
- S Vishvanathan, Independent Non Executive Director
- Ketaki Bhagwati, Independent Non Executive Director
- Girish Pranjpe, Independent Non Executive Director
- T.C. Suseel Kumar, Non Executive (Nominee) Director
- Meena Ganesh, Independent Non Executive Director
- Gopalaraman Padmanabhan, Independent Non Executive Director
- Prof. S. Mahendra Dev, Independent Non Executive Director
- Ashish Kotecha, Non Executive (Nominee) Director
- Vasantha Govindan, Non Executive (Nominee) Director
- Rajiv Anand, Deputy Managing Director
- Manoj Kohli, Independent Director
- Amitabh Chaudhry, Managing Director and CEO
- Rajiv Anand, Deputy Managing Director
- Ganesh Sankaran, Group Executive, Wholesale Banking Coverage Group
- Neeraj Gambhir, Group Executive, Treasury, Markets, & Wholesale Banking Products
- Subrat Mohanty, Group Executive, Banking Operations & Transformations
- Ravi Narayanan, Group Executive, Retail Liabilities, Branch Banking & Products
- Puneet Sharma, Chief Financial Officer
- Sumit Bali, Group Executive and Head, Retail Lending
- Munish Sharda, Group Executive and Head, Bharat Banking
Axis Bank has banks and ATMs across the Indian Subcontinent as well as an online presence for netbanking as well as mobile banking. They also have operations for banking in Singapore, Dhaka, Dubai, Dubai, Gift City - IBU, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah as well as London, UK.
Axis Bank Limited,
Bombay Dyeing Mills Compound,
Pandurang Budhkar Marg,
Worli, Mumbai – 400025
The strengths of the company that have affected the Axis Bank share price are:
- Reputation Being one of the first few new generation banks, this bank holds a good and trustworthy reputation amongst the urban population of India.
- Large Portfolio The bank offers a huge portfolio of financial tools, consultation, and services to individuals as well as businesses of all sizes. These include everything from fast tag services to large loans and investments.
- Growth The bank has registered year on year growth since its incorporation, making it a wise choice for investment.
- Online Services Axis bank has some of the best online services and customer portals in the entire private sector of banking, including netbanking, mobile app, and more.
- Good marketing The bank has employed several note-worthy marketing practices and campaigns over the year, which has helped it grow and become a household name.
CSR and Sustainability
Since its incorporation, the bank has made it a point to keep a focus on their core values - Customer Centricity, Ethics, Transparency, Teamwork and Ownership, and doing right by its stakeholders. This belief centres around the idea that the bank and its stakeholders will grow only when the community and environment that it is based in develops and grows with it. It’s Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Commitments focus on ensuring that India moves down the path of equitable and sustainable growth. It has undertaken a series of initiatives to ensure that it’s business, human capital, social responsibility, and operations, are aligned with India’s commitments under the Paris Agreement. Keeping in accordance with their CSR belief of making a meaningful impact on the economically, physically and socially challenged communities of India. They have set up a CSR Committee of the Board that follows their CSR policy to adopt a mutli-dimensional approach towards promoting education and skills development, creating sustainable livelihoods in rural India, supporting financial literacy of unbanked and underbanked sections of the society, as well as promoting environmental sustainability.
Being relatively new in the industry, Axis Bank still has several areas that it needs to work and improve on:
- As compared to most of its competitors, Axis Bank has a much lower number of branches and ATMs across India.
- Given the immense competition in this sector, the bank has a limited market share and needs to fight to keep it.
In the March quarter of 2019-2020, Axis Bank had reported a standalone net loss of Rs 1,387.78 crore, as compared to the net profit of over Rs. 1,500 crore in the same quarter of the previous year. When compared to the previous year, provisions for bad loss and contingencies had almost tripled, moving from Rs 2,711.43 crore to Rs 7,730.02 crore. However, Net NPAs or bad debts came down from 2.06% to 1.56% while income had increased to Rs 20,786.23 crore.
Leaning on their modern approach to marketing, Axis Bank can target a larger market share through its online services and products, making it seamless and convenient to the urban India. Moreover, the bank can expand further into both, the rural areas of India and foreign markets, to help its growth.
Did You Know!
Axis Bank was the very first bank to launch in India, in 1993 - 94, as a private bank when the Government of India first allowed private banks to be established in the subcontinent.
Initial Public Offering
Listing on NSE and BSE in November 1998, the private bank also went on to list at the London Stock Exchange in 2014.
The Axis Bank share price fell over 3% in a single day recently after the release of their quarterly earnings report. As per most analysts, the stock remains bullish even so as their net profit almost doubled (91% +) last year. The jump in net profit stood at Rs. 4,125 Crore in June 2022 as compared to Rs. 2,160 Crore the year before.After these results, the Axis Bank stock price declined 3.6% on the BSE and settled at Rs. 706.35. The 52 week high of Rs. 866.60 was hit in October, 2021 and the low of Rs. 618.10 in June, 2022. Post these findings, analysts believe that a ‘buy’ call is still the way to go with this company with a target price set at Rs. 1050.
Annual Financial Summary
BALANCE SHEET (in Rs. Cr.)
EQUITIES AND LIABILITIES
Equity Share Capital
TOTAL SHARE CAPITAL
Reserves and Surplus
Total Reserves and Surplus
TOTAL SHAREHOLDERS FUNDS
Other Liabilities and Provisions
TOTAL CAPITAL AND LIABILITIES
Cash and Balances with Reserve Bank of India
Balances with Banks Money at Call and Short Notice
OTHER ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Number of Branches
Number of Employees
Capital Adequacy Ratios (%)
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Tier 1 (%)
Tier 2 (%)
Gross NPA (%)
Net NPA (%)
Net NPA To Advances (%)
CONTINGENT LIABILITIES, COMMITMENTS
Bills for Collection