Market Cap19,325.65 Crore
Circuit Range₹174- ₹212.85
Day Range₹193.75- ₹202.50
Year Range₹175.55- ₹287.00
Top Indices & Stocks
Zee Entertainment Share Price
Why did ZEE ENTERTAINMENT ENTERPRISES LTD. share price move today?
Zee Entertainment Enterprises shares are trading higher after Choice Broking recommended a Buy with a target price of ₹201-₹206 with a stop loss at ₹191.
Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd Quick Overview
Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited is an India-based company, which is engaged in the business of media and entertainment. It is involved in the business of broadcasting of general entertainment television channels, such as non-news and current affairs television. It operates in content and broadcasting segment. Its businesses include broadcasting of satellite television channels and digital media; space selling agent for other satellite television channels and sale of media content, which includes programs, film rights, feeds, music rights, and movie production and distribution. Its domestic broadcast portfolio consists of approximately 49 channels. Its international broadcast portfolio consists of approximately 35 channels. Its digital publishing’s offers content across genres, such as news, entertainment, technology, cricket, health and lifestyle. Its regional channels include Zee Marathi, Zee Bangla, Zee Tami, Zee Kannada, Zee Telugu, Zee Keralam, Zee Sarthak, and Zee Punjab.
MF Return Calculator
Future Value Calculator
Option Value Calculator
Compound Annual Growth Rate Calculator
National Savings Certificate Calculator
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Compound Interest Calculator
Atal Pension Yojana Calculator
Simple Interest Calculator
Fixed Deposit Calculator
Key Indices in NSE
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the share price of Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd today on the NSE?
What is the share price of Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd today on the BSE?
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd on the NSE?
Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd stock price low: ₹193.75
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd on the BSE?
Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd stock price low: ₹ 193.65
What is the market cap of Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd shares today?
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd shares today on the NSE?
Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd Lower Circuit: ₹174.15
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd shares today on the BSE?
Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd Lower Circuit: ₹174.15
What price did Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd shares open on the NSE today?
What price did Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd shares open on the BSE today?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd shares on the NSE?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd shares on the BSE?
What is Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd 52-week high and low share price on the NSE?
52 Week Low: ₹175.55
What is Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd 52-week high and low share price on the BSE?
52 Week Low: ₹175.8
What is Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd stock symbol?
Can I buy Zee Entertainment Ent Ltd shares on Holidays?
Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL) is a media and entertainment company that provides broadcasting services. It is one of India's oldest television, media and entertainment companies. It is amongst the world's largest producers and aggregators of Hindi language programming.
ZEEL is a Public Limited Listed company incorporated on 25 November 1982. The registered office in the State of Maharashtra, India. The company's Corporate Identification Number (CIN) is L92132MH1982PLC028767. The company’s registration number is 028767.
ZEEL gave India the first private satellite television channel in 1992. The company has operations in several countries.
The following are the recent events and milestones in TCL’s company journey.
- ZEEL becomes India's top entertainment network.
- Airtel and ZEEL announce a mega Content Alliance.
- ZEEL announces the debut of ZEE5 Originals on its online entertainment platform.
- In order to broaden the service's web presence, Zee Entertainment Enterprises' video-on-demand platform ZEE5 unveils a new Progressive Web App (PWA).
- ZEEL, the company behind ZEE5, teams with Tata Sky, the content distribution network, to provide its subscribers with access to Zee5's premium content via the Tata Sky Binge platform.
- Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) introduces Zee Plex, the country's first 'Cinema2Home' (C2H) service on digital and television platforms.
- JioFiber partnered with ZEE5, a video-on-demand platform managed by ZEEL. Users of JioFiber received a free premium subscription to the website.
ZEEL has two business segments: the content segment and the broadcasting segment.
Its revenue segments include:
- Theatrical exhibition
- Subscription services
- Transmission revenue
- Television content
- Other operating revenue
Some of the brands owned by the corporation include:
- Zee Anmol
- Zee Cinema
- Zee Studio
- Zee Action
- Zee TV
- Zee Classic
- Zee Salaam
- Zee Cafe
- Zee Q
- ETC Bollywood
ZEEL offers a variety of content in regional languages with channels including:
- Zee Marathi
- Zee Bangla Cinema
- Zee Talkies
- Sarthak TV
- Zee Bangla
- Zee Telugu
- Zee Tamil
- Zee Kannada
The company's advertising revenue for the January through March 2021 quarter was ₹1,123 crore. In the corresponding quarter, it was ₹1,039 crore. Its subscription income totaled ₹803 crore. In Q4 of FY 2019–20, it was worth ₹741 crore. The revenue from other products and services was ₹39 crore.
- ZEEL reported a profit before tax (PBT) of ₹1,415 and operating revenue of ₹8,189 in 2022.
- Revenue increased at an annual rate of 1.07% over the past five years (2017-2022), as opposed to the industry average of 7.99%
- The company has a total market capitalisation of ₹24,296 crore as of 2022.
- ZEEL clocked ₹1,722 crore in EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortisation) in FY 2022.
- The company had an ROE (return on investment) ratio of 13% in 2021, which increased to 14% in 2022. The company's ROCE (return on capital employed) ratio has remained constant at 20% from 2021 to 2022.
- The shareholding pattern of the company as of September 2022 is as follows.
- Foreign Portfolio Investors- 38.65%
- Mutual Funds- 22.34%
- Individual Investors- 10.82%
- Insurance Companies- 8.64%
- Promoters- 3.99%
- Others- 15.56%
- The promoter's shareholding as of June 30, 2022, was 4%, having remained unchanged since October 2021.
- Holdings by foreign investors have dropped from 57% in 2021 to 39%.
- The company's share price return for the period between 2019 and 2022 is -12.14%.
- Top mutual fund houses that hold ZEEL include:
- HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund Growth- ₹49,709 crore
- ICICI Prudential Balanced Advantage Fund Growth- ₹44,002 crore
- HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities Fund Growth- ₹35,120 crore
- ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund Growth- ₹34,823 crore
- HDFC Flexi Cap Fund Growth- ₹31,686 crore
The company is listed on the following indices:
- MCX-SX 40 Index
- Nifty 200
- Nifty 50 Equal Weight
- Nifty 500
- NIFTY 500 Multicap 50:25:25 Index
- Nifty High Beta 50
- Nifty India Consumption
- Nifty Large Midcap 250
- Nifty Media
- Nifty Midcap 150
- Nifty Midcap 50
- Nifty Midcap 100
- Nifty MidSmallcap 400
- Nifty Total Market
- Nifty Midcap Liquid 15
- Nifty50 USD
- S&P BSE 100
- S&P BSE 100 ESG Index
- Nifty Midcap Select Index
- S&P BSE 150 MidCap Index
- S&P BSE 200
- S&P BSE 500
- S&P BSE 250 LargeMidCap Index
- S&P BSE 400 MidSmallCap Index
- S&P BSE AllCap
- S&P BSE Carbonex
- S&P BSE Consumer Discretionary Goods & Services
- S&P BSE Dollex - 100
- S&P BSE Dollex - 200
- S&P BSE LargeMidCap
- S&P BSE MidCap
- S&P BSE MidCap Select Index
- S&P BSE MidSmallCap
- S&P BSE SENSEX Next 50
- S&P BSE TECk
The executive management at ZEEL includes:
- Dr. Subhash Chandra (Chairman Emeritus)
- Mr. Punit Goenka (Managing Director & CEO)
- Mr. R Gopalan (Chairman)
- Mr. Adesh Kumar Gupta (Non Exe.Non Ind.Director)
- Mr. Piyush Pandey (Independent Director)
- Mr. Sasha Mirchandani (Independent Director)
- Mr. Alicia Yi (Independent Director)
- Mr. Vivek Mehra (Independent Director)
Investor Relations Contact
Chief Compliance Officer & Company Secretary
18th Floor, A - Wing, Marathon Futurex
Lower Parel, Mumbai
Tel : +91 22 7106 1245
Email : email@example.com
ZEEL faces competition from other key players such as Sun TV Network, Network 18, TV18 Broadcast, NDTV, etc. The respective market capitalisation of these key players is as follows:
- Sun TV Network- ₹19,022 crore
- Network 18- ₹6,522 crore
- TV18 Broadcast- ₹6,069 crore
- NDTV- ₹2,722 crore
The Indian M&E industry is on the verge of a robust phase of expansion, supported by increasing consumer demand and advertising revenue, demonstrating its robustness to the world. A FICCI-EY analysis predicts that the ratio of advertising to GDP will drop from 0.38% in 2019 to 0.4% by 2025.
Risks and concerns
- Fading demand for broadcasting- Viewer appetite is growing. Viewers are interested in watching more than only traditional broadcasting. Broadcasters must make their content available on all platforms that can carry it. Traditional broadcasting should be complemented by new media, such as YouTube, mobile TV, and similar venues.
- Compliance with laws and regulations- The media industry finds it exceedingly challenging to comply with all applicable laws and adhere to all rules and regulations, within the specified time frames. Legal compliance is crucial since it protects companies from lawsuits and financial losses while also allowing for the detection of infractions. However, fining them might be difficult as rules are constantly changing.
- Harassment and bullying- Although the media sector has been working cooperatively to support a more inclusive workplace, it is apparent that more needs to be done to create a safe, respected atmosphere. Bullying is widespread and can take the form of intentional or accidental targeting, misuse or abuse of power, threats of violence and insulting behavior, and more. In addition to bullying, mental and physical harassment in the media industry is very common.
- Piracy and copyright- Many people have started stealing and altering the content available on various online platforms to make it appear like their original work, then uploading it to make money. This is another major concern for the entertainment sector.
18th Floor, A Wing,
Marathon Futurex,,N M Joshi Marg,