Market Cap27,420.64 Crore
Circuit Range₹449- ₹548.35
Day Range₹498.70- ₹510.20
Year Range₹315.10- ₹510.60
Top Indices & Stocks
MF Return Calculator
Future Value Calculator
Option Value Calculator
Compound Annual Growth Rate Calculator
National Savings Certificate Calculator
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Compound Interest Calculator
Atal Pension Yojana Calculator
Simple Interest Calculator
Fixed Deposit Calculator
Key Indices in NSE
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the share price of Lic Housing Finance Ltd today on the NSE?
What is the share price of Lic Housing Finance Ltd today on the BSE?
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Lic Housing Finance Ltd on the NSE?
Lic Housing Finance Ltd stock price low: ₹498.7
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Lic Housing Finance Ltd on the BSE?
Lic Housing Finance Ltd stock price low: ₹ 498.6
What is the market cap of Lic Housing Finance Ltd shares today?
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Lic Housing Finance Ltd shares today on the NSE?
Lic Housing Finance Ltd Lower Circuit: ₹448.65
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Lic Housing Finance Ltd shares today on the BSE?
Lic Housing Finance Ltd Lower Circuit: ₹449.1
What price did Lic Housing Finance Ltd shares open on the NSE today?
What price did Lic Housing Finance Ltd shares open on the BSE today?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Lic Housing Finance Ltd shares on the NSE?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Lic Housing Finance Ltd shares on the BSE?
What is Lic Housing Finance Ltd 52-week high and low share price on the NSE?
52 Week Low: ₹315.1
What is Lic Housing Finance Ltd 52-week high and low share price on the BSE?
52 Week Low: ₹315.45
What is Lic Housing Finance Ltd stock symbol?
Can I buy Lic Housing Finance Ltd shares on Holidays?
LIC Housing Finance overview
LIC Housing Finance Limited (LICHFL) is a subsidiary company of the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC). LICHFL has its head office and registered office in Mumbai. It was incorporated and promoted by LIC in 1989. LICHFL started being traded publicly in 1994. Today, it is traded on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock exchange (BSE). In 2004, LICHFL also got its Global Depository Receipt (GDR) listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
LICHFL has four subsidiary companies:
- LICHFL Asset Management Company Limited
- LICHFL Financial Services Limited
- LICHFL Trustee Company Limited
- LICHFL Care Homes Limited
Key milestones achieved:
- 1989: The company is incorporated and begins lending from the first office in New Delhi.
- 1994: ₹194 crore IPO is launched.
- 2002: LICHFL starts the Dubai office as its first international business location and receives AAA credit rating.
- 2004: It achieves ₹10,000 crore loan portfolio and issues USD 29 million GDR, which gets oversubscribed.
- 2012: The firm received 2 awards: 'Best HFC' by CNBC TV18 and 'Best in Home Finance' by the construction industry.
- 2014: LICHFL receives the 'Best HFC' award from ABP News.
- 2015: Its loan book surpasses ₹1,00,000 crore. The company received the 'Best data quality in HFC' award from CIBIL.
- 2017: The company's loan book crosses ₹1,50,000 crore. It received the 'Best HFC' award from Outlook Money and the 'BFSI Best CEO' award from Business Today.
- 2018: It features in India's top BFSI companies by Dun & Bradstreet.
- 2019: LICHFL's loan portfolio crosses ₹2 lakh crore and it is named 'Brand of the Decade 2019' by BARC Asia.
- 2020: It is profiled as 'The Outperforming Housing Finance Company 2019' by Outlook Business. It is listed among the Top 10 Most Consistent Wealth Creators according to the 'Motilal Oswal 24th Annual Wealth 2009 Creation Study, 2019'.
- 2022: LICHFL receives Global CSR, Excellence & Leadership Award 2021-22. It is also recognised as 'The Best Organisation for Women' by Economic Times, along with a few other organisations.
LICHFL Initial Public Offer (IPO)
LICHFL came out with an IPO of 3,00,57,900 equity shares issued at a premium of ₹50 per share through the public issue in 1994. 10,82,000 shares were allotted to LIC, and the balance of 189,75,900 to the public. LICHFL got listed on 15th November 2015.
Housing loans include home loans, plot loans, and home loans for NRIs and pensioners.
Corporate or project loans include:
- Loans to corporates for constructing staff quarters and other similar projects against collateral
- Builder loans to construct residential and commercial premises against land mortgage and personal guarantees of the builders
Deposits include public deposits generally accepted from individuals, Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs), partnerships, trusts, non-residents and cooperative societies. They also include corporate deposits from public limited companies, private limited companies, corporations, statutory bodies, banks and other financial institutions as may be decided by their respective management from time to time.
LICHFL business highlights
Composition of the loan portfolio as of 31st March 2022
Loan Portfolio verticals
% of total loan portfolio
Retail home loans
Retail loan against property or others
LICHFL performance highlights
- Loan portfolio at ₹2,51,120 crore up by 8% year-on-year
- ₹61,848 crore disbursement
- Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR) at 18.08%
- Gross Non-Performing Assets (NPA) of 4.64%
- Incremental cost of funds at 5.10%
- Income at ₹19,953 crore with 7% CAGR
- Net Interest Margin (NIM) maintained at 2.29%
- Profit After Tax (PAT) at ₹2,287 crore with 4% CAGR
- Total customers reached 30 lakhs
Performance matrix for shareholders:
Return on equity
Return on average loan assets
Earnings per share
Profit per employee (in lakh)
Chairman: Mr. M. R. Kumar
Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO): Mr. Y Vishwanantha Gowd
Chief Financial Officer (CFO): Mr. Sudipto Sil
Company Secretary (CS) and Compliance Officer: Ms. Varsha Hardasani
Indian housing finance industry overview
- The housing sector reveals a nation’s economic growth and social well-being. With the government’s focus on providing 'housing for all by 2022,' there has been a multitude of changes in the housing sector.
- Homeownership is no more a distant dream. Key reforms like the Goods and Service Tax (GST) Act and Real Estate Regulation Act (RERA) are starting to have visible changes in residential and commercial real estate.
- Increased hiring in the information technology sector has led to a significant rise in demand from home buyers in cities like Bengaluru, which has been a significant contributor to the home loan business.
- Following the lockdowns and the resultant work-from-home culture, there has been a significant demand boost for owning houses, and consequently, for home finance.
Industry growth prospects
- Housing Finance Companies (HFCs) are expected to show reasonable growth in FY2022-23.
- Their assets under management (AUM) are expected to grow by 9 to 11% in FY2022-23.
- As per ICRA, the return on managed assets for HFCs in FY2022-23 are expected to be near the pre-COVID levels of 1.8% to 2%.
- In FY2022-23, if HFCs continue to maintain their liquidity levels at current proportions, there will be a need for more new investment to meet their expansion requirements.
LICHFL growth prospects
- Targeted portfolio growth of approximately 15% in FY2022-23.
- Increased share of high-margin products like project finance and non-housing loans in total loan portfolio to 20%.
- Bringing the alternate channel's business contribution to approximately 20%.
- Concentrated marketing effort supported by digital penetration.
- Adding new customers by offering new products with mortgage insurance and better yields.
- Recruitment of around 1,000 more direct marketing intermediaries.
- Technological advancement to improve customer onboarding and to bring in process stabilisation.
Risk and Concerns
- Liquidity and funding-related risks remain a concern for the growth of Housing Finance Companies (HFCs) in India.
- A fragmented market with increasing competition poses threats to expansion.
- The recent Russia-Ukraine war has affected macroeconomic factors like cost inflation, increased interest rates, and currency volatility, all of which could hamper asset quality.
- The increased number of loan defaults in the retail and small business segments following COVID-19 is a major source of concern.
Registrar and Share Transfer Agent
Link Intime India Private Limited
Corporate Office :
C-101, 247 Park, L.B.S. Marg, Vikhroli (West), Mumbai - 400 083.
Phones: 022-22 4918 6270