Market Cap46,256.20 Crore
Circuit Range₹545- ₹665.50
Day Range₹609.25- ₹621.50
Year Range₹576.95- ₹807.00
Top Indices & Stocks
MF Return Calculator
Future Value Calculator
Option Value Calculator
Compound Annual Growth Rate Calculator
National Savings Certificate Calculator
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Compound Interest Calculator
Atal Pension Yojana Calculator
Simple Interest Calculator
Fixed Deposit Calculator
Key Indices in NSE
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the share price of Upl Limited today on the NSE?
What is the share price of Upl Limited today on the BSE?
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Upl Limited on the NSE?
Upl Limited stock price low: ₹609.25
What is ‘Today’s High & Low’ share prices of Upl Limited on the BSE?
Upl Limited stock price low: ₹ 609.4
What is the market cap of Upl Limited shares today?
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Upl Limited shares today on the NSE?
Upl Limited Lower Circuit: ₹544.5
What are the upper & lower circuit limits of Upl Limited shares today on the BSE?
Upl Limited Lower Circuit: ₹544.5
What price did Upl Limited shares open on the NSE today?
What price did Upl Limited shares open on the BSE today?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Upl Limited shares on the NSE?
What was yesterday 's closing price for Upl Limited shares on the BSE?
What is Upl Limited 52-week high and low share price on the NSE?
52 Week Low: ₹576.95
What is Upl Limited 52-week high and low share price on the BSE?
52 Week Low: ₹577
What is Upl Limited stock symbol?
Can I buy Upl Limited shares on Holidays?
United Phosphorus Limited (UPL) overview
Founded in 1969, United Phosphorus Ltd provides generic crop protection, chemicals and seeds to businesses worldwide. As an intermediate chemical company, the company provides bio solutions and manufactures agrochemicals and industrial chemicals. UPL currently operates globally and generates revenues of US$5,040 million.
Agrochemicals include agrochemical techniques and formulations, while the industrial chemicals segment consists of industrial and specialty chemicals. The company also owns a captive power plant in Zaghadia, Gujarat. The company has both patented and post-patent agricultural solutions for a range of arable and specialty crops. It provides crop protection, including biological, seed treatment and post-harvest treatments.
The company has 33 manufacturing units in 11 countries, including India.
The company’s key milestones since its inception are as follows:
- 1969: The company introduces red phosphorus.
- 1972: UPL receives the President’s gold seal for research and development (R&D).
- 1976: The company enters the Agchem business and makes its first export.
- 1980: It starts production of yellow phosphorus.
- 1984: The company is listed on the Indian stock exchange markets.
- 1994: The company makes its first international acquisition by acquiring UK-based MTM Agrochemical and commences operations in Zaghadia, Gujarat.
- 1996: The company starts a caustic chlorine (Devrinol) plant in the US.
- 2000: The company acquires Devrinol products in Japan.
- 2004: The company establishes Ag Value Inc., USA, as a subsidiary of UPL.
- 2005: UPL acquires the CEQUISA and REPOSO SAIC Argentina. The company signs an agreement with Biocentury of China and Nath Biogene (I) Ltd for the transfer of technology related to Bt cotton.
- 2007: The company is awarded a national award for “Outstanding Research and Development on Pollution Control and Environmental Protection.”
- 2008: The company is awarded the Rolta Corporate Award.
- 2011: The company acquires a 51% stake in DVA Agro Do Brasil (DVA Agro Brazil).
- 2013: The company is awarded the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Award.
UPL - Initial Public Offering (IPO)
UPL launched its IPO in 1984. The company's stock was listed on NSE on January 23, 2004. The company's face value is ₹2. The company issued 75,06,07,641 capital shares on the stock market. The shares are traded at a P/E multiple of 36.89.
UPL products and key verticals
A major part of UPL's business is selling seeds and generic crop protection products. The company is headquartered in Mumbai, India. Some of the top products by UPL include:
- Red phosphorous
- White phosphorous
- Fumigants plant growth and regulators
- Yellow phosphorus
- Caustic chlorine
UPL business highlights
UPL revenue overview
Revenue (in crores)
Other income (in crore)
Total income (in crore)
Net profit (in crore)
UPL performance highlights
3-year CAGR (revenue)
Share price return in last 3 years
- Chairman and Managing Director: Rajnikant Shroff
- Group CEO: Jai Shroff
- Director: Vikram Shroff
- Director (Finance): Arun Ashar
- Independent Director: Pradeep Goyal
- Independent Director: Reena Ramachandran
- Lead Independent Director: Hardeep Singh
- Independent Director: Vasant Gandhi
- Independent Director: Naina Lal Kidwai
- Independent Director: Suresh Kumar
- Director: Carlos Pellicer
- Whole-Time Director: Raj Tiwari
Indian agrochemical industry overview
The following are the key players in the agrochemical industry -
Size of the Indian agrochemical industry
- In 2020, India's agrochemical market was valued at almost USD 4.5 billion.
- In India, the agrochemicals market is driven by the rapidly increasing population, which has resulted in adequate agricultural practices. This has made Indian agrochemical products more attractive to farmers.
- As a result of the Indianization of the agrochemical industry, the sales of agrochemical products have increased. Population growth, food production demands and economic growth are also factors affecting the growth of the Indian agrochemical industry.
Industry growth prospects
- Between 2021 and 2026, the market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 8.6% to reach almost USD 7.4 billion.
- As part of the Asia Pacific (APAC) agrochemical market, the Indian agrochemicals market is one of the most significant markets.
- As a result of the enormous consumption of pesticides and fertilizers for farming activities, the Asia Pacific region is growing at the fastest rate globally. This is due to the region's adoption of modern and advanced farming practices.
UPL growth prospects
UPL plans to concentrate on three growth prospects:
- By FY2025-26, they plan on increasing the share of margin-accretive differentiated solutions to 50% of sales.
- They want to enhance the product line by increasing the innovation rate from 21% to 30% over the next 3-5 years.
- Using collaboration to access new technology, UPL expects to generate $2.5 billion in risk-adjusted revenue in the next five years.
- As part of its expansion plans, UPL Ltd. plans to establish additional research and development centers. It plans to enhance its capabilities and improve its infrastructure.
- The company is planning to develop non-infringing, cost-effective, eco-friendly, safe, and economically viable processes. They wish to employ green chemistry principles to develop post-patent and off-patent active ingredients.
- The company also intends to develop formulations and combinations that are innovative, safe, cost-efficient, non-toxic and environmentally-friendly.
Risks and concerns
- To develop newer molecules and build these capabilities, the industry will face challenges while also trying to stay afloat with the competition.
- To ensure product distribution, retailers must ensure widespread and effective distribution channels. In recent years, companies have been directly dealing with retailers by cutting out the distributor, reducing distribution costs, educating retailers on product usage, and offering farmers competitive prices.
- The promotion of integrated pest management, zero budget farming and use of bio-pesticides in agriculture.
- Governments and NGOs in India are gaining momentum. Growing demand for organic food has led farmers in certain states, such as Karnataka, to reduce chemical use and adopt organic farming. As environmental awareness grows and pesticides are used more extensively, agrochemical companies must address concerns about negative effects on the environment.
Link Intime India Pvt. Ltd.
Unit: UPL Limited
C-101, 247 Park,
Mumbai - 400 083
Contact No: 91-22-49186270
Fax No: 91-22-49186060