How We can Enquire RBL Bank Balance ?
- At an odd hour, are you seeking to view your account balance, to check if you have the necessary funds to make the payment?
- Are you the kind who always has trouble getting an uninterrupted internet connection and finds it difficult to access your statement details?
- Do you like keeping a tab on your finances and hence like to view your transaction details regularly and usually find it more convenient to view your statements at leisure, typically weekends?
Digital banking is the answer to all your aforesaid needs. As an empirical example, let us take a look at RBL Bank's channels through which a customer can view his/her account balance.
Established in 1943 in Mumbai as a small
regional bank, RBL Bank, formerly known as Ratnakar Bank Limited catered to the financial requirements of micro regions along the Kolhapur-Sangli belt within Maharashtra.
Over the years, the bank transformed into a leading mid-sized private sector player.
It acquired RBS India’s cards business in FY14 and formed a partnership with Bajaj Finance in FY17, thus emerging as the fifth largest credit-card issuer in India.
Backed by an asset base of ₹80,359 crore, RBL Bank has a network of 502 branches, 1,302 business correspondent branches (of which 289 banking outlets) and 417 ATMs spread across 28 Indian states and Union Territories.
Backed by a customer base of 11.3 million, the bank offers a comprehensive portfolio of services across six verticals through multiple access channels ( netbanking, mobile banking, ATM and branch visits).
- corporate and institutional banking
- commercial banking
- branch and business banking
- retail assets
- development banking and financial inclusion
- treasury and financial market operations.
Let us understand the nuances of the balance enquiry process.
As a customer, you can access the details via the following channels:
- Missed call on a toll-free number from your registered mobile phone.
- Mobile banking
- The process via missed call service is fairly simple.
- To begin with, you must have an active savings or current account with the bank.
- Through your registered mobile number, a customer can give a missed call at the bank's toll free number 18004190610 and can view their balance every time, everywhere as per their convenience.
- It is important to note that the bank automatically registers customers for missed call banking at the time of opening the account.
Let us take a look at the netbanking process in detail
As a customer, you can also access your account, view your financial statements, initiate fund transfers, enquire about your cheque status, order cheque book, make bill payments and much more every time, everywhere via the net banking channel.
To access the net banking services, all you need to do is login to the bank's official web portal and click on the 'login tab' and continue with the next steps.
- Now let us understand another channel, mobile banking to access balance enquiry.
As an active account holder with a registered mobile number, you can now avail your account information, pay bills, transfer funds, check credit card statements, EMI payments and much more every time, everywhere by simply downloading the bank's mobile app, MoBank 2.0.
- Another channel to access account balance enquiry is via SMS banking.
Through a simple pre-defined format, you can send an SMS via your registered mobile number and view your balance and much more.
- For Primary Balance Enquiry, type:SMS BAL C and send the SMs @ 9223366333.
BAL C, “C” is for Customer ID
- For Specified Balance Enquiry, type BAL C A and send SMS @ 9223366333.
BAL C A, “A” is for Account
- USSD as another channel to access your account via mobile phone in the absence of internet connection
USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) is akin to SMS, it is GSM protocol to send text messages using a combination of characters (codes).
With USSD service, customers' can access their account information from their phones without an internet connection.
- For example: Dial *99*79# from your registered mobile number.
- You will receive a welcome message and also a USSD-based mobile banking menu will be displayed on the mobile screen.
- Now for Balance Enquiry, simply Dial *99*79*1# followed by the last 4-digit of the account number.
- Another channel access your account information is via your passbook
Each customer is given a passbook at the time of opening an account with RBL Bank.
The customer can update his/her passbook from time to time by visiting their nearest branch.
- ATM is another channel which a customer can access this information
You can simply hop to the closest ATM to view the balance details.
- You just need to swipe your ATM/Debit Card
- Then type your 4-digit ATM PIN
- Click on “Check Balance/ Balance Enquiry”
- And finally, your Account Balance would appear on the ATM screen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q. Where can I source my account number details?
The number is printed on your cheque book, a 12 digit unique number.
You can also get these details on the mobile banking app.
Q. I have forgotten my customer id. Where can I source these details from?
No worries, you can find your customer id in your passbook or in your cheque book or your bank account statement .
You can also locate this id on mobile app, RBL Mobank.
Q. Are there any charges for using net banking services to view account balance?
No, it is absolutely free for all active users.
Q. What is RBL's toll free number for balance enquiry via missed call?
To enquire about your balance, simply call at this toll free number, 18004190610.
Q. What is RBL's SMS number for balance enquiry?
To enquire about your balance, simply send a syntax SMS to 9223366333.
Q. How do I check my mini statement?
To view your mini statement, you could either send an SMS TXN to 9223366333 from your registered mobile number or you can give a missed call @18004190610.