HDFC Bank DD (Demand Draft) Charges for Savings, Salary, & Current Accounts
Demand Draft is a transactional method. These are relatively similar to cheques, except bank issues them in response to a specific request and are payable to any particular person. DDs are merely payment orders that one bank sends to another to pay a certain party.
Demand drafts from HDFC Bank are typically payable at a specific location or branch of a bank. Learn about HDFC DD charges and more in the sections below.
HDFC Bank Demand Draft Charges
To generate a demand draft, HDFC Bank charges a fee. If an applicant wishes to revoke a demand draft, he or she must pay a fee. Charges applicable by HDFC Bank for Demand Drafts are in the table below.
|Types of DD||Applicable Charges|
|Up to ₹10,000||₹45|
|Above ₹10,000||₹5 per ₹1,000 or part thereof (minimum ₹50 and maximum ₹10,000|
|Demand Draft Re-validation /Cancellation||₹45|
|Third party DD of amount up to ₹1,00,000||₹50 + correspondent bank charges if applicable|
|DD Request through Netbanking up to ₹10,00,000||₹50 + correspondent bank charges in case applicable|
*Note: Charges updated as of 14th November 2022.
Features of HDFC Bank Demand Draft
Following are some key characteristics of an HDFC Bank demand draft:
- Banks process all demand draft requests the following working day. Within 3 to 5 working days, DDs are delivered to the mailing ID or beneficiary's address as provided.
- If demand drafts have their beneficiaries in Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Gurgaon, or Sonepat, HDFC Bank recommends entering New Delhi in the state and city fields in the "Payable at" section.
- Only Indian locations are covered by DDs. Any DD that has an overseas address or to a recipient address where service is not available results in cancellation of the draft and banks sends the credit back to the applicant's account. Bank does not charge your account in any way.
- A draft is revoked and funds are credited to an applicant's account if DDs are found undeliverable from the beneficiary's address. Banks deduct the applicant's account only for DD fees and any corresponding bank fees.
- Any DD addressed to an Indian mailing address that is returned as undeliverable is sent to the branch.
Procedure to Get HDFC Bank Demand Draft Issued Online
You can follow this given procedure to issue an HDFC demand draft online:
- Your bank account must be set up for internet banking.
- Before continuing, check the balance amount after logging in with your details.
- Now go to ‘Pay’ then click on ‘Payment Solutions” and then tap on ‘Cash, Cheque, Demand Draft’.
- In the Demand Draft section, select ‘Get New Demand Draft’.
- HDFC DD form appears in a new window. Details such as the amount, who it is in favour of, the location of the draw, and your digital signature have to be included on the form.
- You need to submit the form after you have entered all of these details correctly.
- Your account will be debited in an amount equal to your demand draft and applicable fees.
- After conducting required checks, you will have options of whether to pick up the draft from bank branch or have it delivered to your home.
Procedure to Get HDFC Bank Demand Draft Issued Offline
You will need an HDFC DD and cheque or cash equivalent to DD to issue the DD offline. Follow the procedure given below:
- Visit the nearby HDFC Bank branch and collect a DD form. You can also download it from the bank’s website.
- Fill out the form with the details such as mode of payment, beneficiary’s name, DD amount, cheque number, bank account number, the location of DD encashment, and account holder’s signature.
- Submit the form after you have carefully filled up all the details.
HDFC Bank DD Validity
An HDFC demand draft is effective for three months after the bank issues them. The demand draft will no longer be valid if it is not delivered within three months, but money will not be immediately reimbursed. For that, you need to follow a separate procedure.
- The issuer of the draft should go to the concerned bank branch where the draft was issued and apply for the draft's revalidation.
- The account holder must request revalidation of the draft; neither the payee (the person specified in the draft) nor any other person can do so.
- The bank branch will revalidate the draft after checking it against their original records, and its validity will be extended for a further three months from the time of revalidation.
- Once the bank has revalidated a draft, it cannot be done so again. This means that you have to provide the bank with the draft during the revalidated time.
Paying through DD is quite a simple process today. You can access this service via internet banking from the comfort of your home. Alternatively, you may also visit the bank and follow the offline process. To make a DD, you will have to pay HDFC bank DD charges based on the amount of the transaction. Check out the above-mentioned sections to find the necessary DD charges for HDFC Bank.