Kotak Mahindra Bank Salary Account: Interest Rates, Minimum Balance, & Benefits
A corporate salary account should have attractive features to benefit both the company and its employees. The Kotak Mahindra Bank salary account comes with attractive interest rates and other benefits to the salary holder and the employer. It features locker rent discounts, easy fund transfers, ActivMoney Scheme, and many other reward options.
Moreover, you can choose different account types at your convenience. Each salary account type comes with distinctive features to benefit the account holder. Read on to know more about these account types!
What are the Types of Salary Account You can Open with Kotak Mahindra Bank?
Kotak Mahindra Bank offers attractive interest rates on their salary accounts. For a balance in excess of up to ₹1 lakh, the interest rate is 3.50% p.a. and for a balance in excess of ₹1 lakh, it is 4% p.a. These rates are applicable only for resident Indians. There are four types of corporate salary accounts by Kotak Mahindra Bank. They are:
- Ace Salary Account
- Platina Salary Account
- Edge Salary Account
- Neo Salary Account
What are the Features of Kotak Mahindra Bank Salary Account?
Kotak Mahindra Bank salary account features vary as per their type. Take a look at the features of each account type:
Features of Ace Salary Account
Any candidate with a minimum monthly salary of ₹50,000 can open an Ace salary account. Here are some of the common features of this account type:
- It is a zero-balance account.
- You can get a 2.5% fuel surcharge waived with this account.
- Employee reimbursement is available with this account.
- It offers a platinum debit card.
- You can make unlimited transactions with an Ace salary account debit card.
- Internet banking, mobile banking, and SMS banking facility are available for this account.
Features of Platina Salary Account
Candidates with a monthly salary of ₹1 lakh and above can apply for a Platina salary account. Check out the attractive features of this salary account:
- You can open a zero-balance account under this type.
- It offers a free platinum debit card to the account holders.
- You can enjoy internet banking and mobile banking facilities.
Features of Edge Salary Account
Candidates with a minimum monthly salary of ₹20,000 can opt for this Kotak Mahindra Bank salary account. Other features of this account type include:
- Zero-balance account
- Internet banking, mobile banking, and phone banking are available
- Free classic debit card
Features of Neo Salary Account
Candidates drawing a monthly salary of ₹10,000 can apply for a Neo salary account. Here's more on its features:
- It is a zero-balance account.
- It offers a classic debit card.
- The ATM withdrawal limit is ₹40,000 for domestic ATMs and ₹50,000 for international ATMs.
- Internet banking, phone banking, and mobile banking facility are available.
What are the Benefits of Kotak Mahindra Bank Salary Account?
Kotak bank salary account benefits are attractive in many ways. Here are some of the notable benefits of the same:
- You can avail of a personal accident death cover of up to ₹5 lakh with a Kotak salary account.
- You can avail of lost card liability insurance of up to ₹2.5 lakh.
- It offers instant personal loans and home loans at attractive interest rates with zero processing fees.
- 24/7 customer care support with IVRS options
- Up to 100% car finance is available at attractive interest rates
- You can book recurring and fixed deposits at attractive interest rates via online banking.
- Avail purchase protection of up to ₹50,000
What are the Documents Required to Open Kotak Mahindra Bank Salary Account?
You need to be handy with the following documents while opening a Kotak Mahindra Bank salary account:
- Application Form: Produce a filled application form.
- Photographs: You need to submit your recent passport-size photographs.
- Identity Proof: Proof of identity includes voter card, Aadhaar card, PAN card, passport, driving license, valid credit or debit card, ID documents issued by the Government and PSU, etc.
- Address Proof: Proof of address includes a ration card, passport, Aadhaar card, voter ID card, driving license, etc.
How to Open a Salary Account in Kotak Mahindra Bank?
Here are the steps to follow for opening a Kotak Mahindra Bank salary account online:
- Log in to the official portal of Kotak Bank.
- Navigate to the 'Explore Products' option.
- Select the ‘Corporate Salary Accounts’ option.
- Choose a salary account type among the four corporate salary accounts.
- Tap on ‘Apply Now’.
- Fill up the form with the required details.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
- Your account number will be shared instantly.
You can also open a salary account with Kotak Mahindra Bank offline by visiting the nearest branch. Carry all the necessary documents and fill up the form carefully while opening the account offline. Moreover, you must submit photocopies of KYC documents in case of offline application.
Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched multiple salary accounts with various features and benefits. Moreover, they offer an attractive interest rate and insurance coverage as well. Kotak Mahindra Bank's salary account focuses on lifestyle and offers benefits and rewards on travel, dining, healthcare, etc., to offer superior and world-class banking facilities.