Now trade and invest using our new APIs in a coding language of your choice - Python, Java, PHP and many more! All orders placed via UpLink API Version 2 will be brokerage-free till 29th February 2024!*
Enjoy better request and response time, improved success rates and negligible downtime
- 10 requests/second for all APIs
- WebSockets to fetch data for up to 100 symbols in one-go
Enjoy a revamped architecture with a secure underlying structure
- Logins with two-factor authentication
- TOTP (Time-based One Time Password) support
- Daily expiring access token
- Rate limited APIs for controlled access
- OAuth mechanism for secure authentication
- Encrypted user data
Integrate Upstox APIs for FREE in your application super fast by generating SDKs from a library of 10+ languages. Some popular types of APIs that you can integrate are:
- Order management API
To place, modify, and cancel orders on the exchanges. Get access to Orderbook and Tradebook for the same.
- Historical Data API
Access all time data for open, high, low and close prices with data on volume and OI.
- Market Feed API
Access live market data from all exchanges.
- Portfolio API
View open positions and demat holdings.
- Funds API
Get access to information on your trading account funds - Margins, Available to trade, collateral etc.
- Profile API
Access all details related to your profile and account information at one place.
UPComing APIs: GTT order type, P&L Statement API, Basket Order Module and Payments Module
- Create an UpLink app for free to access Upstox API V2. The steps to be followed are mentioned here. How to create an API app?
- Once an UpLink app has been created and API credentials (API Key and Secret) received, you can use the credentials to access Upstox API V2
- The credentials are enough to start using the APIs via tools like Postman, Jupiter Notebooks, etc. You would need to generate Authorization Code and Access Token to be able to get data from APIs. Steps for authentication are mentioned in the documentation here - Upstox Developer API - Documentation of investment and trading platform developer API
- If you are looking to build on top of the APIs, you can access the readily available SDK on GitHub and integrate the APIs using them. GitHub.
- Additionally, you can generate SDK in multiple other languages using the OpenAPI Specification. Steps to generate SDK in your preferred coding language are listed here - API-Documentation /SDK-Generation
- Using the above steps, you will be able to get responses from the APIs and customise the data received as per your requirements.
1. Do you have to know coding to use Upstox API?
Yes, you will need to know how to program and some basic coding to start using the Upstox API. But we have simplified the Upstox API design for you!
2. Do you offer interactive APIs?
Yes, and for free. Interactive APIs offer real-time market updates, orders, positions, holdings, and balance. If you are an experienced coder and developer looking to build your trading system, you can take advantage of the Interactive APIs, which offer you the tools to customise and personalise the app with real-time market updates and current positions and orders.
3. Do you offer Historical APIs?
Yes, and for free. Historical APIs offer OHLC (Open High Low Close) historical data for different intervals—1 min, 3 mins, 5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins, 60 mins, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month. To backtest your strategy or to base your future trades on relevant data from the past, you can try out Historical API.
4. How many instruments are on a single WebSocket connection?
There are 100 instruments at the moment.
5. How many requests can you make in a day free of cost?
You can make 10 requests per second , 100 per minute and 1000 per 30 minutes for free!
Feel free to contact us at +91-22-6130-9999, chat with us on www.upstox.com or simply sign up and get started!