Due to the upcoming election results certain leverage restrictions will be applied on your Upstox account from the period of May 17th – 24th, 2019....
Due to the upcoming election results certain leverage restrictions will be applied on your Upstox account from the period of May 17th – 24th, 2019.
From May 17th – May 24th, 2019
Carry Forward (Delivery) margins for F&O will be increased to:
- 1.1x for Index Derivatives of applicable exchange margins
- 1.3x for Stock Derivatives of applicable exchange margins
From May 20th – May 24th, 2019
- MTM square-off percentage will be revised to 70% instead of the current 80% for all clients
- Cover Order (CO) and Bracket Order (BO) for Options (F&O and Currency) will be disabled
- Order type ‘Market’ will be disabled for stock options under all product types.
- Carry Forward (Delivery) Margins for Currency Derivatives will be increased to 1.2x of applicable exchange margins for all contracts (F&O)
Between May 20th – May 22nd, 2019 (Applicable for Cash Segment)
Intraday products (MIS/CO/OCO) will be allowed on basket of F&O underlying stocks only. The applicable leverages would be;
- MIS (Intraday) - 5X for all Clients
CO and BO will be:
- 10x for Priority clients
- 8x for all other clients
On May 23rd and May 24th, 2019
All the leveraged products (Intraday/CO/OCO) will be disabled. Leverages restoration on Friday will be as per market behaviour, at the discretion of the Risk management team.
You may need to fund your account from time-to-time, so that your balance is always above the desired margin obligation (including the additional margins charged by Upstox as per above %). Failure to do so will result in your position(s) being squared-off as a risk containment measure.