Based on market feedback, NSE has announced the following changes on derivatives trading of FINNIFTY (Nifty Financial Services Index) from 14th October 2021:
1. Trading in Weekly Index Futures of FINNIFTY shall be discontinued.
2. Revised expiry day of derivative FINNIFTY contracts will be as follows:
|Expiry day||Existing expiry day||Revised expiry day|
|Weekly contracts||Thursday of every week||All existing weekly contracts will expire on Tuesday of every week.
If Tuesday is a trading holiday, contracts will expire on the previous trading day.
|Monthly contracts||Last Thursday of the expiry month||All monthly expiry contracts will expire on the last Tuesday of each month. If Tuesday is a trading holiday, contracts will expire on the previous trading day|
QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE
What is FINNIFTY?
FINNIFTY or Nifty Financial Services Index consists of 20 stocks, listed on the National Stock Exchange (NSE), it measures the behavior and performance of the Indian financial sector that includes banks, financial institutions, housing finance, insurance companies, and other financial services companies. To know more, click here.
What does this mean for existing and new contracts?
- On 14th October 2021 EOD, the expiry date of all existing contracts will be revised to Tuesday as mentioned above. For example any existing F&O contract expiring on 21st October 2021, Thursday will be revised to 19th October 2021, Tuesday.
- All new contracts introduced for trading on or after 14th October 2021 will be as per the revised expiry date(s) mentioned above.
- Trading in Weekly FINNIFTY Options contracts will continue to be available as per the revised expiry date(s). Only trading in Weekly Index Futures of FINNIFTY has been discontinued.
- These changes do not affect any open positions you hold except the change in the expiry day of the contract. All other contract specifications remain the same.
To know more refer to the Exchange circular no. NSE/FAOP/49595 dated 15th September 2021.