19 Feb 2024 is a settlement holiday on account of Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti. Markets will be OPEN for Trading and Investing.
Keep the following impact in mind:
- 🔹 Stocks bought on 16 Feb 2024 will not be available for selling on 19 Feb 2024, but will be visible in your holdings
- 🔹 The credit bill for all segments on 16 Feb 2024 will not be available for trading or withdrawal on 19 Feb 2024.
- 🔹 Any fund withdrawal requests placed after 8 AM on 16 Feb will be processed on 20 Feb
- 🔹 Instant withdrawal will not be available on 19 Feb 2024
- 🔹 Currency segment will be closed for trading on this day
What’s a settlement holiday?
Settlement holidays are when markets are open but settlement of your trades do not take place as per the usual T+1 cycle because either the depositaries (NSDL and CDSL) are closed or banks are closed on that day.
How does this holiday impact your trades?
Since the settlement date denotes the final transfer of ownership of shares and not the day you made the trade, a holiday in between causes a delay in the final transfer of shares.
You can also check a list of future settlement holidays here.
If you have any queries, you can raise a ticket on the Upstox Pro Mobile or Desktop app.