We’ve got an important update this week.
Tuesday, 13th April 2021 is a settlement holiday on account of Gudi Padwa. Due to this, all Stock (Equity Delivery) orders placed today and tomorrow (12th & 13th April 2021) will reflect in your Demat account on Friday 16th April 2021.
Wednesday, 14th April 2021 is a trading holiday because of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti. This means markets will remain closed and no trading and investing will happen on this day.
To help you understand what this means and how it impacts you, we’ve simplified the details below.
What’s a settlement holiday?
Settlement holidays are when markets are open but the settlement of your trades do not take place as per the usual T+2 cycle because either the depositaries (NSDL and CDSL) are closed or banks are closed on that day.
What’s a trading holiday?
Trading holidays are when markets are closed and no trading or investing takes place on this day. Settlements also do not happen on this day.
What will be the impact of these holidays on your trades?
On account of the holidays on 13th and 14th April 2021 kindly note the following impact:
1. All trades placed on 12th and 13th April in the Equity (Stocks) segment will be settled on Friday, 16th April 2021.
2. All trades placed on 12th and 13th April in the Derivative (F&O, Currency, Commodity) segment will be settled on 15th April 2021.
3. All shares bought on 12th April will be visible under T1 holdings on 13th April but you will only be able to sell them on 15th April.
4. The credit bill amount for all segments on 12th April will not be available for trading or withdrawal purposes till 16th April 2021 because this amount will be blocked due to the settlement holiday.
5. All fund withdrawal requests placed on 13th April will be processed on Friday, 16th April 2021.
You can also check a list of future settlement holidays here and trading holidays here.
If you have any queries, you can raise a ticket on the Upstox mobile or desktop platforms.