Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Though Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana sounds like a scheme or policy; however, it is taken as a mission by the Government of India. This flagship mission was launched on 25th June 2015 and is implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). The scheme aims to ensure housing for all, including the poor and marginalized sections of society. The Awas Yojana has two parts -
PM Awas Yojana Urban
The original aim of the Awas Yojana was to provide "pucca" houses to all eligible sections of the urban populace belonging to economically weaker section (EWS), low-income group (LIG), and middle-income group (MIG) categories by 2022. At the time of writing, the stats corresponding to the PM Awas Yojana (Urban) are as follows-
- 122.69 Lakhs house sanctioned
- 105.03 Lakhs houses grounded
- 64.05 Lakhs houses completed
- ₹127553 Crores central assistance released
- ₹8.31 Lakh crore total investment
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin
The Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana was inducted as a complementary component of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban. It intends to provide a "pucca" house, encompassing at least basic amenities" to all households currently without them. Hence, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List also aims to include the families who currently reside in "kutcha" houses.
The immediate objective of PM Awas Yojana is to provide one crore pucca houses to households currently dwelling in dilapidated/kutcha houses. Currently, the minimum house size to be constructed has been increased from 20 square meters to 25 square meters.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin: Features
- The unit cost is shared between the central and state governments in a 60:40 ratio in plain regions.
- The assistance has been increased from ₹70,000 to ₹1.20 lakh/unit in plain regions.
- In IAP Districts, difficult areas, and hilly states, assistance is increased from ₹75,000 to ₹1.30 lakh/unit, with a split ratio of 90:10 between the central and state governments.
- The center pays 100% of the grant for the union territory of Ladakh.
- Per the Awas Yojana guidelines, the carpet size of a house could be up to 30 square feet. However, the states and union territories can increase the house sizes upon the ministry's approval.
- Houses financed by PM Awas Yojana include all essential amenities, such as electricity, water supply, kitchen, and toilet.
- The beneficiaries of this scheme also receive ₹90.95/day worth of unskilled labour from MGNREGS.
- The respective Gram Sabhas pick beneficiaries based on socio-economic and caste census (SECC) parameters.
- Attempts would be made to provide piped drinking water, LPG gas connection, electricity connection, etc., using other government programs.
- Moreover, the beneficiaries are entitled to receive ₹12,000 as assistance to construct toilets under Swach Bharat Mission-Gramin (SBM-G).
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban: Features
- PMAY(U) has a demand-driven approach wherein the states and UTs assess the housing shortage. The chief stakeholders that play crucial roles in the implementation of this scheme are central nodal agencies, state-level nodal agencies, implementing agencies, and primary lending institutions (banks and housing finance companies).
- The PM Awas Yojana Urban encompasses the entire urban area. Hence, it consists of development authorities, industrial development authorities, special area development authorities, notified planning areas, and statutory towns. This scheme also covers any other authority under state legislation that may deal with urban planning and regulations.
- The scheme is available to applicants who do not currently own a house anywhere in India.
- The PM Awas Yojana would aid the building of houses up to 30 square meters in carpet area, with all basic amenities. Affordable housing partnership projects and slum redevelopment projects should have all essential amenities like electricity, road, water, sanitation, and sewerage. Akin to that urban local bodies (ULBs) would ensure that beneficiaries under the credit-linked subsidy and beneficiary-led construction may also avail the essential civic services.
- The assistance from the center would be released directly to the approved beneficiaries' bank accounts per the recommendations of their respective states/UTs.
- The final installment of ₹30,000 of central assistance would be released only after the house completion/possession.
- The construction progress of the houses would be tracked through geo-tagging.
- To avoid possible benefit duplication to a household, their Aadhaars, bank account numbers, house owner certificates, electoral IDs, etc, should be added to the Housing for All Plan of Action (HFAPoA) database.
- Awas Yojana Urban empowers women and marginalized sections of society. Women are preferred as applicants, especially widows and single women. Also, in the case of married applicants, house ownership is provided in the woman's name. Similarly, disabled people, transgender people, minorities, scheduled castes/tribes, and other backward classes also get preferences.
PMAY Urban: Implementation Verticals
PMAY Urban is implemented into four verticals.
- Beneficiary-led individual house construction or enhancement (BLC): These subsidies are meant to construct or extend individual houses for the populace belonging to the EWS category. These families can avail of central assistance of ₹1.5 lakh under this scheme. The state should be responsible for preparing apt projects for such subsidy recipients.
- Affordable Housing in Partnership with the public or private sector (AHP): These construction projects can be in partnerships with private or public entities, including semi-government or government agencies. Criteria for central assistance in these projects are that 35% of these houses should be dedicated to the EWS category populace and there would be a minimum of 250 such houses. Under this scheme, the centre would assist to the tune of ₹1.5 lakh per house (only belonging to the EWS category).
- In-situ slum redevelopment (ISSR): All eligible slum dwellers contributing land for redevelopment in partnership with private entities would be supported to the tune of ₹1 lakh. There is a provision for additional efforts to make the project viable in the form of extra FSI/TFR/FAR.
- Credit linked subsidy scheme (CLSS): Under this scheme, eligible beneficiaries belonging to EWS/low-income group (LIG), middle-income group (MIG)-I-II receive subsidies of 6.5%, 4%, and 3% on loan amounts of up to ₹6 lakh, ₹12 lakh, and ₹18 lakh, respectively. The applicants may seek loans from housing finance companies, banks, and other similar institutions.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin: Progress
Here is the current completion report of houses with respect to financial years under the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana.
|JAMMU AND KASHMIR||0||0||0||1979||14441||5610||21745||42569||16918||103262||103262|
|ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR||0||0||0||0||0||286||483||335||29||1133||1133|
|DADRA AND NAGAR HAVELI||0||0||0||1||196||221||972||641||575||2606||2606|
|DAMAN AND DIU||0||0||0||6||7||0||0||0||0||13||13|
PMAY Urban: Progress
Per the PM Awas Yojana portal, here is the progress snap of the PMAY Urban on the national level.
Here is the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) List of state/union territories-wise progress status (on 10th October 2022).
|Name of the State/UT||Project Proposal Considered||Physical Progress of Houses (Nos)||
|A&N Island (UT)||2||378||377||45||95.83||5.87||1.97|
|UT of DNH & DD||9||10,532||8,789||6,417||942.86||222.48||164.95|
|Grand Total||27,965||120.39 Lakh!||104.75 Lakh*||63.65 Lakh*||8.31 Lakh Cr.||2.02 Lakh Cr.||1.28 Lakh Cr.|
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List is part of the PMAY scheme. It contains applicant names selected to reap the benefits from this government-sponsored housing scheme.
How to Check Name in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List
- The first step is to log on to pmaymis.gov.in.
- Next, ‘'Select Beneficiary'’ and "Search by Name" by scrolling through the drop-down menu.
- Then the Aadhaar number should be entered.
- The beneficiary details can be found if the Aadhaar number is present in the database.
- Finally, the applicant can explore the available benefits.
In conclusion, it can be stated that the overall work done to accomplish the goal of providing a house for all under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is changing the lives of the populace belonging to the poor and middle strata of Indian society. These houses offer a sense of security and dignity to the owners.
The key to these houses is an aspiration for the owners, especially youths. The stability allows them to dream and pursue their goals further in their lives. It restores respect and fuels confidence. This is the reason one keeps on checking for their names on the PMAY Urban List.
How is the subsidy released to the beneficiaries?
Once an applicant's home loan application for subsidy (under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana) is approved, the funds would be transferred from the central nodal agency to the bank, which is mentioned as the prime lending institution (PLI) in government records.
What are the criteria for EWS, LIG, and MIG categories regarding the PM Awas Yojana?
The criteria for EWS, LIG, and MIG categories regarding the Awas Yojana are-
i) EWS category - Annual household income up to 3 lakhs.
ii) LIG category - Annual household income up to 6 lakhs.
iii) MIG category I - Annual household income between 6-12 lakhs.
iii) MIG category II - Annual household income between 12-18 lakhs.
How much carpet area is allocated under the PMAY scheme?
The allocated carpet area is different for different income groups. Here are the details-
i) EWS category - Up to 30 square meters
ii) LIG category - Up to 60 square meters
iii) MIG category I - Up to 160 square meters
iv) MIG category II - Up to 200 square meters