What is SBI ePay & How to Use SBI ePay: Meaning, Login, & Gateway
SBIePay is an online payment instrument that connects to multiple banks, lending institutions, and merchants electronically to enable all types of e-commerce and mobile commerce transactions between those parties.The ePay service is available in various cities across the country and you can now make payments to several billers in your region.
Existing payment aggregators like IndiaIdeas (BillDesk), CCAvenues, TechProcess Solutions, Times of Money Ltd., E-Billing Solutions (EBS), and Atom Technologies, as well as new aggregators like PayU, Citrus, and Emvantage, have focused on particular merchant categories and developed their own specialised online payment niches. You may handle different billers, set up and receive electronic bills using ePay.
SBIePay provides one of the most comprehensive and intricate payment options for its merchants, enabling them to provide their customers simple transactions. SBIePay is the only bank with direct access to all payment methods, enabling customers to avoid utilising any middlemen private businesses.
With a particular focus on government merchants, such as national, state, and municipal organisations, SBIePay, a bank and payment aggregator, aims to provide new merchant categories and additional payment methods. The Bank's own payment gateway would be used to process all credit/debit card transactions. In order to process their Internet Banking payments, SBIePay is tying up with more than 40 banks.
SBIePay will offer banks and merchants the business data and analytics for all transactions as an extra function. In the next three years, SBIePay wants to be the go-to resource for processing every type of online payment method and to take the lead among payment aggregators.
Features of SBI ePay services
- With the use of the SBI ePay services, merchants can transact electronically with their customers to sell goods and services.
- The ePay platform is intended to support and facilitate phone payments for bills.
- To increase demand for their goods, the government merchants will receive more payment methods and classifications in the SBI ePay platform.
- SBIePay collaborates with the bank's payment service to carry out transactions on the internet banking platform and using credit/debit cards.
- The secure sockets layer (SSL) protocol is used by SBI ePay to guarantee transaction security. It is feasible to utilize SSL to protect data as it is transmitted over the internet.
Who can avail the SBI ePay services?
Since SBIePay is only available to those with SBI bank accounts, if you already operate as a merchant and have an SBI account, switching to SBI for online payment processing is simple. For individuals who already value SBI's safety and security, the payment gateway may be a decent choice even though it is not as straightforward or plain as other payment gateway providers. Only domestic retailers may use SBI ePay, and it's unclear whether SBI ePay accepts payments from outside. The majority of its target market is domestic customers. However, if you decide to use SBI's payment gateway, you may talk to them about the possibility of accepting payments from outside.
With SBI ePay you get the payments from the bank in a two day working cycle. Payments received will be transferred to you within two days of the transaction clearing. You'll get an email notification of any transactions you make and another to check the status of your order once you're in your Merchants portal.
Agencies and Organizations to whom the SBI ePay services are available
In addition to government agencies, educational institutions, cooperative societies, corporations, individuals, partnership firms, proprietary businesses, registered charities, religious groups, and trust business type merchants, the bank has made the ePay services available to a number of other organisations.
Availability of ePay services to make bills payment
You may pay bills from different Electricity, Telephone, Mobile, Credit Card, Gas, and Insurance providers via e-PAY. You can use Internet Banking to pay the bills of the billers you have registered with the Bank, or you can complete the e-PAY Registration Form in person at the bank.
There are three types of billers you may pay with e-PAY:
- Bill View and Payment: In the case of these kinds of billers, the bills may be seen at www.onlinesbi.com prior to payment. You will also receive paper bills in addition to this. For each biller that you wish to use the ePay capability, you must add them. The invoices will be shown to you starting with the following billing cycle, and you can use ePay to make payments against such electronic bills (e.g. MTNL Mumbai, LIC).
- Pay Bill: These billers exclusively provide bills in paper form; as a result, no bills will be provided at www.onlinesbi.com. These billers do, however, accept electronic payments. Since you may add such billers to your biller list online, you can pay them right away after doing so.
- Payment Only: These are businesses that primarily receive payments rather than generating invoices (e.g. charities - CRY, Trusts - Siddhivinayak Temple). As a result, once you have added such businesses to your biller list, you may pay them right away.
How to make SBI Epay Login?
- Step 1 Complete the required fields in the "Sign up" section of the portal.
- Step 2: Merchants must fill out the merchant information page with their company details.
- Step 3: To continue, click the offer.
- Step 4: Give the bank or transaction information to the next step.
- Step 5: Select the choice to get to the last technical details.
Additionally, acknowledge your agreement to the T&Cs by clicking the "Submit" button.
A Different Way to Use ePay Services
The official SBI ePay page is another resource that merchants may use to get the Merchant Information Form. To sign up for SBI ePay, just fill out the form after downloading it, then submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The State Bank of India will provide authorized merchants with a list of the documents they would require to authenticate their identity. The SBI e-Pay account will be activated upon approval and verification.
History of ePay transactions
Customers of the successfully constructed web-based SBIePay service will get their login ID through email. This account will be functioning for all previous transactions.