United Bank India Mobile Banking
- Have you run out of time to visit your bank branch to make an urgent fund transfer?
- Are you looking at an alternative channel for your banking transactions which is convenient, compatible, accessible, comprehensive, easy to use,quicker, free of cost, bundled service offerings and is safe and secure.
- Have you lost your network connection and yet you need to view your account balance on an urgent basis?.
Mobile banking channel is the answer to your needs. Case in point being, United Bank of India ( UBI).
UBI is now a part of Punjab National Bank (PNB), having merged with effect from April 1, 2020.
Established in 1950 in Kolkata as a regional private bank catering to the eastern and north-eastern belt, the bank was nationalised in 1969 and over the years, the bank expanded its network of branches and asset base to become a mid-sized PSB ( Public Sector Bank) to include a network of more than 2000 branches and three fully equipped overseas branches in New Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai. In fact, UBI is among the leading banks in the states of West Bengal, Assam, Tripura and Manipur.
Backed by an asset base of ₹1.52 lakh crore ( as on September, 2019), UBI offers a comprehensive portfolio of services across multiple channels, offline and online through netbanking, mobile banking such as check balance, transfer money,make utility bill payments and much more. You can avail these services 24*7*365, even on bank holidays, public holidays, weekends and that too, free of charge.
Let us discuss in detail about UBI's Mobile Banking Service Offerings.
As a customer, you can avail the following set of services, everytime, everywhere as per your convenience, from your registered mobile number.
All you need to do is to simply download UBI's mobile app and get started.
Service offerings comprises:
- Accounts & Deposits
- PPF Account
- Service Outlet Locator
- Loan Account Enquiry
- Credit Card Payment
- Open FD/RD
- View & Download Statements
- Funds Transfer
- Order Cheque Book
- Other Cheque Book Services
- Transfer your Account
- Recharge DTH/Mobile
- Utility Bill Payment
- Book Movie Tickets
- Quick Pay
- Investments & Insurance
- Manage Payees
- Block a Card/Stop a Cheque
- Transfer upto ₹1,00,000 per day, 24x7.
- Service outlet locator for branches/ATMs based on inputs like location name/city name, PIN code.
Are you tempted to register for UBI's mobile banking services?
Before we get to the details of the registration process, let us begin with the nuances of the eligibility criteria for mobile banking. A customer can only avail the bank's mobile banking services, provided:
- You have an active savings or current account.
- Your mobile number is registered with the bank.
- Your handset is either an Android or iPhone.
- And finally that you have access to uninterrupted internet connection (via SIM card or WiFi).
Now let us understand how to register & activate this service.
- To begin with, simply download the mobile app on your phone ( Android or iPhone) through your registered device number.
- Now select ' bank account registration'. You will see all your accounts in detail in the app.
- You can now just 'confirm accounts'' for mobile banking services and all your accounts would be registered and activated.
- Now using your debit card details, generate banking PIN and begin using the app based services.
Isn't it really simple? Let us now take a closer look at the various apps.
The bank provides user friendly, service specific apps to all its active account holders.
Through these apps, you can use:
- P2P ( person to person) function to
transfer funds to the beneficiary account in another bank by using his/her mobile number and MMID code.
- P2A ( person to account) function
to transfer funds to a beneficiary account in another bank by using IFSC code and account number.
- Customers can also avail the Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) features of the app without an internet connection.
- Customers can avail SMS banking services by simply sending coded syntax at toll-free number, 9923173933.
- Customers can locate UBI's branches and ATMs by keying in details such as location/city name or PIN code.
- Wireless Application Protocol allows customers to access services by logging into the bank’s website through their browser on their smartphones.
Aren't these mobile app features tempting?
Let us take a deep dive into service specific apps.
- United mobile banking app allows customers to transfer funds via IMPS, RTGS & NEFT digital payment gateways. It also allows customers to check their account balance, outstanding credit card payment and IFSC code.
- United e-passbook app allows customers to access their passbook through their smartphones.
- BHIM United UPI Pay
Through this app, customers can make
UPI payments to one account as well as
other bank accounts.
- United credit card
With this app, the credit card customers can view their credit card account summary, unbilled transactions and transaction history.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q. What is MMID?
In simple terms, MMID is a seven digit code which is typically a combination of your mobile number and bank account number which allows for interbank transfers via the mobile banking platform.
Customers can transfer and receive funds via Immediate Payment Services (IMPS) using their registered device number and Mobile Money Identifier (MMID).
Q. Are the bank's digital banking services safe and secure?
Safeguarding the customer's interest is of utmost importance to UBI. The bank has a number of security features to safeguard customer interest
For example: Customer's bank accounts are linked to their registered mobile numbers and only then you can add your UBI account on that number.
Another layer of authentication is when a customer uses his/her UBI debit card to generate a banking PIN whilst transacting.
Customers safeguard their sensitive data by creating App passwords so that there is no breach of security. You can even create a grid lock or PIN so that no one other than you can access your device.
Q. What is the maximum amount that you can transfer through your mobile app?
As an active account holder, you can transfer up to ₹1,00,000 per day.