HDFC Bank Defence Salary Account: Interest Rates & Benefits
The HDFC bank defence salary account is a savings account that is targeted at defence personnel in India. It is a zero-balance savings account, which means that there is no requirement to have a minimum balance in the account. It comes with certain specific benefits that you can avail of as an account holder.
To be eligible for an HDFC defence salary account, you should be employed with a defence unit. As an account holder, you can also opt for a Salary Family account. Keep reading to know more about the HDFC defence salary account.
What Is an HDFC Salary Account?
HDFC bank offers salary accounts to employees of different kinds of organisations and companies. The employees can have the benefit of a zero-balance account with net banking, phone banking, mobile banking, and other features. They can also pay utility bills and get alerts from the bank for their transactions. The HDFC bank defence salary account is a specific type of salary account that is offered to defence personnel or defence employees.
What Are the Main Features of HDFC Bank Defence Salary Account?
The HDFC bank defence salary account is offered to defence employees or persons employed with a defence unit. The main features of the HDFC bank defence salary account are as follows:
- There is no minimum balance because it is a zero-balance account
- This means that there are no charges imposed if you do not have a certain minimum balance amount in your account
- You can gift your family a zero-balance salary family account which has similar features
- If you are a Person Below Officer (PBOR) grade, you get a debit card called a Titanium Debit card
- This allows you to spend up to Rs. 1.75 lakh and withdraws cash from the ATM up to Rs. 50,000
- HDFC bank defence salary account offers a debit card called a Free Millenia debit card for defence personnel of Officer grade and above
- This has a higher debit card limit: the limit for daily withdrawal from the ATM is Rs. 50,000, and the limit for daily spending is Rs. 3.5 lakhs
- With the Millenia debit card, you get cashback points for every transaction that is greater than Rs. 400
- You can redeem the cashback points through your net banking account
- These points are valid for 12 months after you get them, and after that, they cannot be redeemed
- You can do digital banking through online net banking and mobile banking
- You get mobile and e-mail alerts from the bank through the InstaAlert facility
What Are the Insurance Features with HDFC Bank Defence Salary Account?
HDFC bank defence salary account offers the following insurance features for defence personnel:
- Free insurance of Rs. 30 lakhs to cover accidental death. This is personal insurance that covers only the person holding the account.
- Free insurance of Rs. 30 lakhs to cover permanent total disablement. This applies in case a person is disabled, and it is a permanent condition.
- Free insurance of Rs. 30 lakhs to cover permanent partial disablement. This applies if a person is partially disabled and it is a permanent condition.
- Free educational benefits for the child of defence personnel in case of accidental death of the defence personnel. This insurance is an amount of up to Rs. 1 lakh per year for 4 years.
- Fire and Burglary insurance of Rs.200,000. This insurance protects any items that you purchased using your HDFC debit card (for up to 6 months since you bought the items.) The amount of insurance coverage is Rs. 200,000.
- The person gets insurance protection of Rs. 2 lakh for checked-in baggage. This insurance will apply if the person is taking a flight and the travel is for tourism or holidays. The person should be travelling to any place in India.
- Defence personnel also get insurance coverage to protect against fraudulent transactions. This insurance protection goes up to Rs. 4 lakh. It is zero liability coverage, which means that the person will not face any liability for the amount lost. It applies to any fraudulent transaction that takes place through the debit card for purchases. For the insurance to apply, you should report the card loss within 90 days from when the fraud transaction took place.
What Are the Fund Transfer Options with HDFC Bank Salary Account?
The fund transfer options with an HDFC bank salary account are as follows:
- You can transfer funds online through net banking or mobile banking to an account in any bank in the country.
- You can transfer funds through NEFT and RTGS payments online.
- You also have a BillPay facility which you can use to pay your bills through your bank account.
- You get access to unlimited demand drafts, which can be paid at HDFC bank branches.
- You can also make payments by cheque and will get a chequebook for this purpose.
- You can also request a demand draft through your HDFC net banking account.
- The demand draft amount can go up to Rs. 10 lakh.
What Are the Conditions to be Eligible for Personal Accident Death Cover?
To be eligible for HDFC bank salary account personal accident death cover, the following conditions need to be met:
- The defence personnel account holder should have suffered an accidental death.
- This accidental death should be the result of a physical (bodily) injury that was caused by accident.
- Accidental death should be caused by the injury itself and not by any other causes.
- The person's death should take place within 12 months of the injury.
- If the person dies later than 12 months from when they suffered the injury, then it will not apply.
- On the date of the accident taking place, the account holder should be an employee of the concerned organisation.
- The person should hold a salary account under HDFC Bank's Corporate Salary Account program.
- The person should receive a salary credit in the month itself or the month before.
- The account holder should have received salary credited into the account in that month itself or the month before.
- The account holder should have made at least one transaction to buy something using their HDFC bank debit card.
- This transaction should have taken place less than 6 months before the date of the death.
- If the person dies from an air accidental death (accidental death during air travel), then the date they purchased the ticket will be important.
- The ticket should have been bought using a debit card that was linked to the person's HDFC Bank Salary Account.
- The insurance cover that is provided should belong to the primary account holder.
What Are the Documents Needed to Open an HDFC Bank Defence Salary Account?
Various documents are needed to open an HDFC bank defence salary account. These documents provide proof of identity and proof of address at the time of registering the account.
The documents for identity proof are as follows:
- A valid passport
- A PAN (Permanent Account Number) card
- Voter ID card
- Valid permanent driving license
- Aadhaar card or e-Aadhaar letter issued by the government of India.
- A job card issued by the NREGA (National Rural Employment Guarantee Act), which a state government officer should sign.
- Any identity card issued to employees by the central or state government, public sector undertaking, scheduled commercial bank, or public financial institution that employs them.
- A letter issued by a gazetted officer with an attested photograph of the person.
The documents for address proof are as follows:
- A utility bill like an electricity bill, telephone bill, postpaid mobile phone bill, water bill, or piped gas bill issued by a service provider. The bill should not be more than 2 months old.
- Property tax or municipal tax receipt.
- A bank account statement or a post office savings bank account statement.
- Pension or family pension payment orders (PPOs) of retired government employees that are issued by government departments or public sector undertakings if they mention the person's address.
- A letter allotting accommodation issued by a government department, a statutory or regulatory body, public sector undertakings, scheduled commercial banks, financial institutions, and listed companies.
What Are Some Additional Benefits of HDFC Bank Defence Salary Account?
Some additional HDFC bank defence salary account benefits are as follows:
- The account holder can get preferential pricing (pricing offers) on loans and get access to super premium credit cards.
- The person can easily invest and open a fixed deposit through your HDFC net banking account.
- The person can benefit from reduced charges on loans and credit cards that they apply for.
- This would depend on the features and benefits of the corporate offer that HDFC Bank has given to the employer.
- One of the HDFC defence salary account benefits is that you get an airport lounge access offer with your debit card.
- With this offer, you have access to 4 complimentary (free of charge) lounges in domestic airports in India. This applies per year, so 4 times a year.
What Are the Features of HDFC Bank Net Banking?
Like almost all the banks in the country today, HDFC bank salary account offers digital banking services. These online facilities allow you to easily access your bank account from the comfort of your home. You can make payments, pay bills, track your spending, and check your account balance through your net banking account. The main features of HDFC bank net banking are as follows:
- You have access to many different kinds of payment methods.
- These include NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer), RTGS (Real-time Gross Settlement), and IMPS (Immediate Payment System.)
- You can manage your account, transfer funds, and pay bills online.
- You can pay loans, make investments, and perform other banking functions.
- It is easy and convenient because you don't have to visit the bank branch or write cheques for each transaction.
- It is secured by Secure Access, a security solution that HDFC bank has for its online banking.
- This feature involves three-step protection for any online transfer or payment.
- It has a DirectPay feature that allows you to shop online and pay for purchases using HDFC net banking.
- You can shop on different merchant (seller) websites. To do this, select the product or service that you want to buy on the website or app.
- When you are checking out, you can select HDFC bank's net banking out of the payment options.
- You will then be asked to enter your net banking customer ID and password to verify the transaction.
- To use this facility, you need to have an HDFC Bank savings account or current account and a net banking registration.
- You can also use your HDFC net banking account to book train and flight tickets and pay phone and mobile bills.
- Using the online banking account, you can pay premiums on insurance and make payments towards taxes and other government payments.
What Are the Features of HDFC Bank Mobile Phone Banking?
Like most other banks in the country, HDFC bank offers mobile banking. This enables you to easily access your bank account and make payments from your mobile phone. The features of HDFC bank mobile phone banking are as follows:
- You can perform different kinds of transactions using your HDFC bank account through HDFC mobile banking.
- You can manage your account and check your investments and DEMAT balance.
- You can also access your account through a call or a mobile banking application or via the internet browser on your mobile.
- You can easily make payments from the comfort of your mobile phone with a few clicks.
- You can report the loss of your card through the mobile banking application to prevent your card from being wrongfully used.
- You can perform a variety of different transactions.
- You receive InstaAlerts that help you keep track of each transaction as and when it takes place.
What Are the Features Offered by HDFC Bank for Loans?
HDFC bank offers general loans, which include different kinds of loan products that can be used for different purposes.
- These include buying a home, a car, or a bike, investing in a business, or buying devices.
- You can also apply for a personal loan if you have a specific personal purpose for which you require a bank loan.
- You can take a loan up to a number of Rs. 40 lakhs.
- The process of applying for a loan and getting the funds is simple and quick.
- The process does not require you to submit a lot of documents.
The HDFC bank defence salary account offers certain specific features and benefits to defence personnel and employees. It also offers a family salary account. It allows you easy access to your banking account. You also get benefits like a zero balance account, insurance coverage, and loan benefits.
Can I use the same salary account if I am working for a different employer?
Yes, you can do this if there is an arrangement between your new employer and HDFC bank. In this case, you should visit the HDFC bank branch nearest to you with a letter to confirm this. In the letter, you will have to mention your full name and account number and that you have joined a new corporate employer. You can convert a regular account to an HDFC bank salary account by requesting the same.
Can a defence ID card be provided as a photo ID document for the HDFC bank defence salary account?
When registering for an HDFC bank defence salary account, you have to give a photo identity document. A defence identity card can be provided as a valid photo ID document to register for the HDFC bank defence salary account.
How to redeem cashback points with an HDFC bank defence salary account?
To redeem your cashback points, the process is as follows:
- Login to your HDFC netbanking account
- Select the cards tab on the menu and then the debit cards option
- Then, select enquire from the options
- It will take you to a page for cashback inquiries and redemption
- You will have to select the account number for which you would like to redeem cashback points
What are the debit card limits for the HDFC Bank family salary account?
The debit card limits for the family salary account are as follows:
- Rs. 25,000 for daily ATM withdrawal
- Rs. 3 lakhs for everyday shopping
You can also increase or decrease the limits up to a certain point through your net banking account.