- Best Performing ETFs to Invest in India
- What are Best SIP Mutual Funds in India & How to Invest: Meaning & Returns
- List of Top 10 Asset Management Companies in India
- What is the Difference Between XIRR vs CAGR: Meaning
- What are Best International Mutual Funds in India & How to Invest: Meaning
- What are Income Funds in Mutual Funds & How to Invest: Meaning & Examples
- Mutual Fund vs PPF: Which is Better PPF or Mutual Fund
- What are the Oldest Mutual Funds in India
- What is Treps in Mutual Fund & Why Mutual Funds Invest in Treps
- What are Sinking Funds & How to Calculate: Meaning, Formula, Method, & Examples
- What Is a Diversified Common Stock Fund in India
- How to Exit and Redeem Mutual Funds Online
- What is Redemption in Mutual Funds Online: Charges & Meaning
- How to Redeem Mutual Funds Online: Meaning & Charges
- Power of Compounding in Mutual Funds & How Compounding Works in Mutual Funds
- What is the Best Opportunity Funds In India
- What is Best & Top Ultra Short Term Mutual Funds : Meaning & Benefits
- What are Best Pension Funds in India: Meaning & Types
- What are Best Gold Mutual Funds in India & How to Invest
- Mutual Fund Portfolio Overlapping & How to Check: Meaning & Example
- What is Good XIRR in Mutual Funds & How to Calculate in India: Meaning
- What is New Fund Offer (NFO) in Mutual Fund: Meaning
- What is a Best Currency ETFs in India: Explained
- What is the Difference Between the Sharpe Ratio & the Sortino Ratio
- What is Alpha & Beta in Mutual Funds & How to Calculate: Meaning & Formula
- What is Standard Deviation in Mutual Funds & How to Calculate: Define & Formula
- Best Mutual Fund Performance in India & How to Check, Analyse, & Track Performance
- What is Top Best Thematic Mutual Fund in India: Meaning
- What is Best & Top Multi Cap Mutual Fund in India: Performance
- What is Best & Top Mid Cap Mutual Fund: Meaning, Performance, & Returns
- Top 5 Best Focused Mutual Funds to Invest in India
- What is Short Duration Mutual Fund & How to Invest: Meaning & Returns
- What is Low Duration Mutual Fund: Meaning, Returns, & Principal
- What is Total Expense Ratio in Mutual Fund: Formula, Meaning & How to Calculate
- What is Best Fund of Funds Mutual Funds in India: Meaning and Example
- What is Multi Asset Allocation Funds in India: Meaning & benefits
- What is Best Dynamic Asset Allocation Funds India: Meaning
- What is Best Overnight Mutual Funds in India and their Returns
- What is Arbitrage Mutual Funds in India & How Does Arbitrage Funds Work
- What are Best Aggressive Hybrid Funds and How to Invest
- What is Balanced Hybrid Mutual Funds: Meaning, Types, Benefits, & Returns
- How Does Dividends Impact Net Asset Value in Mutual Funds?
- 11 Factors to Consider When Investing in Equity Mutual Funds
- Top 10 Reasons Why SIP Is the Good Way for Mutual Fund Investment
- Top 10 Best Index Mutual Funds in India
- How to Buy & Invest in Mutual Funds Online: Top 4 Ways to Follow
- Target Date Funds Vs Index Funds: What's the Difference?
- Which is The Best Growth Mutual Funds to Invest in India?
- Why Would Someone Choose a Mutual Fund Over a Stock
- What is Asset Management Company in Mutual Fund: Meaning
- What is Liquid Mutual Funds and How to Invest: Meaning, Returns and Taxation
- What are the Disadvantages, Advantages, & Risk of Liquid Funds
- ELSS Mutual Funds: Meaning, Benefits, Taxation & How to Invest
- Gold ETFs vs Gold Mutual Funds: Where should you Invest
- What is Open Ended Mutual Fund?
- What are Close Ended Mutual Fund?
- Best Performing SIP Mutual Funds to Invest in India
- Best Penny Stocks to Buy Now in India
- Difference Between Open Ended and Close Ended Mutual Funds
- What are Sectoral Mutual Funds?
- Money Market Fund: Everything You Need To Know
- Best Tax Savings Mutual Funds
- 15 Things You Need to Know About Mutual Fund NAV
- What Is Better: Mutual Funds vs ETFs?
- What are Hybrid Mutual Fund
- Top Performing Mutual Funds
- What are Debt Mutual Funds?
- Best Dividend Paying Mutual Fund
- What is Equity Mutual Funds
- What is Large Cap Mutual Fund
- What is Flexi Cap Mutual Fund
- Best Small Cap Mutual Fund to Invest
- Stocks vs Mutual Funds: What should you choose?
- Hidden Charges of Mutual Funds
- Debunking Seven Myths About ELSS in Mutual Funds
- How to choose between Multi cap funds and Flexi cap funds?
- The Basics of Mutual Funds
- Mutual Fund Ratios
- Tax-saving mutual funds
- What are debt funds?
- What is ELSS and how to invest in ELSS?
- Mutual Funds Basics
- How to invest in SIP
- Popular mutual funds in India
- How to invest in mutual funds
- Beginners guide to mutual funds investment
- Mutual funds buying process
- How to select the best mutual funds
- What are Index Funds?
- What are the different types of mutual funds?
- Benefits of investing in mutual funds
- What is NAV (Net Asset Value)?
- What are Balanced Funds?
- Show all articles
How to Buy & Invest in Mutual Funds Online: Top 4 Ways to Follow
Digitisation has impacted every aspect of life. Now, you can also invest in mutual funds online with just a few clicks. You don’t need to seek any help from an agent or intermediary. Here you will get a clear understanding of the different ways of how to buy mutual fund online.
Ways to Buy Mutual funds Online
Today most AMCs (Asset Management Companies) and other platforms now have online space from where you can buy mutual funds accordingly. So if you are a beginner and unaware of the steps associated with buying funds online, consider the following ways and look out for the related steps.
How to Buy Mutual Funds From Investment Platforms (Regular Plans)
Normally, buying a mutual fund involves a complex process. But today you can buy mutual funds seamlessly using any online investment platform. These platforms enable you with tracking, investing, and managing all your mutual fund investment schemes with different AMCs in a hassle-free manner. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- First, create an account with an investment platform.
- Select your suitable scheme or plan.
- Now select the required payment type such as SIP or lump-sum and the total amount.
- Enter your personal details in the required fields like PAN and bank details.
- To complete the whole procedure transfer money online.
How to Invest in Mutual Funds Online From AMC Website (Direct Plans)
You can purchase direct plans of mutual funds if you prefer to avoid the hassle of going in person. In this case, all details like your PAN, and address proof are required along with bank details in order to complete the whole process. To invest in direct mutual funds you can follow these simple steps.
- Open a new account with AMC.
- Fill in the necessary personal details for the investment.
- Now fill in the FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) form.
- Provide your bank details and upload an image of the cancelled cheque.
- Verify the whole KYC through an Aadhaar number and finally transfer money
- Once done you will receive a confirmation message on your registered email ID or number.
Step-wise Guide to Invest Through CAMS and Karvy
If you are wondering how to invest in mutual funds through a registrar and transfer agent like Karvy and CAMs, then follow the steps below:
- First, create an account with either of the two.
- Provide your folio number (it is the unique client code allotted to investors by a fund house (Asset Management Company).
- Select the suitable scheme you want to invest in and make the required payment.
Steps on How to Buy Mutual Funds Online Through a Demat Account
You need to have a Demat Account for investing in mutual funds. To open a Demat Account:
- You need to select a depository participant (DP).
- After selecting a DP, now you have to submit the application form, and identity proof like PAN, Aadhaar or other important KYC documents. Accordingly, the depository participant will verify the KYC information and then it will approve your application.
- Finally, you will receive an account number and your password through which you can access all your investments in multiple mutual funds.
On the contrary, if you already have a Demat Account, investing in a mutual fund does not require additional effort. For investing in mutual fund through your Demat Account, you need to follow the following steps:
- Log in to your Demat Account and look for the preferred option to invest in a mutual fund.
- Now, you need to select a suitable fund for investing.
- Finally to complete the investment transfer the amount online.
On the other hand, you can invest in different mutual fund schemes by visiting your nearest branch office of the fund house or through a broker. All you need to ensure is to provide the necessary documents like:
- Proof of Identity
- Address Proof
- Passport size photograph
- Cancelled cheque leaf.
Advantages of Investing in Mutual Funds Online
Here is a list of a few advantages of investing in mutual funds online:
- Investing in different mutual funds online involves no complicated procedures. As a result, it takes less time to invest.
- Once your KYC details are updated, there is no hassle to invest in multiple direct mutual fund schemes across different platforms.
- Another notable advantage of buying mutual funds online is that there is no restriction in choosing different mutual fund plans. However, when you the offline mode, you can only choose from a limited number of mutual fund schemes.
- The entire process of online investment in mutual funds is designed considering the security of the investor’s fund and portfolio in mind. The SEBI constantly reviews and monitors all market transactions, ensuring that there is no foul play. Therefore in simpler words, investing in mutual funds online is safe and secure.
- Lastly, if you register yourself with an AMC, there is no need to repeat the same in the future while investing in any mutual fund scheme from that company.
Things to Consider Before Investing in Mutual Funds
Now that you know how to buy mutual funds, you should consider certain aspects before you start investing in a mutual fund:
- You should plan out your objectives as per your investment goals. For instance, for long-term goals, you can invest in growth-oriented equity funds. On the contrary, if you plan for a short-term goal, you should look out for funds that are easy to redeem.
- Another major factor to consider is to evaluate your risk tolerance. Each fund has a different variation of risk and returns and so for assured high returns, it is necessary to prepare a proper risk analysis of the funds.
- You should also consider the consistency of the fund performance. In such a case compare the 3-5 years of performance of the fund to make an informed financial decision.
Online mutual fund investment platforms offer a paperless, easy and hassle-free investment experience. So to purchase mutual funds conveniently, you can opt for the online method.