ICICI Bank Netbanking
As India's second-largest private sector player in terms of asset size, the 28-year-old bank, and a 67-year-old institution, ICICI Bank has been a trailblazer when it comes to digital banking or internet banking in India.
Netbanking allows you:
- More convenience
- Accurate and quick transactions
- Every time, everywhere banking
- Economical and user-friendly channel
- No manual intervention, no lengthy queues, and no lengthy paper trails.
All you need is an uninterrupted net connection and a smartphone or laptop to avail a whole host of services through this online channel.
- Send/ receive money from one account to the other, within the same or another bank within India.
You can also transfer funds across borders with additional documentation
- Start a savings & current account
- View your account statement
- Open a recurring deposit account or fixed deposit.
- Make your utility bill payment.
- Credit card payments, loan EMIs, insurance premiums etc.
- Check your past account statements
- Stock market-related share trading
- Investments- mutual funds, bonds, Government approved schemes, etc.
- Donation to charitable trusts across India.
- Purchase foreign currency online
- Make your tax payments
- Purchase gold as an investment alternative
- Online Pension calculator comes in handy to determine the threshold savings you need to earn to maintain the desired lifestyle before you retire.
- …and much more.
- You can earn 'Payback points' via your online transactions
- Manage your expenses by using the ‘My Money’ key for all your online transactions.
- You get access to the bank's online offers, deals, and discounts across select merchandise.
- You also have the e-locker facility to store your important documents online.
- Online shopping query assistance is also provided by the bank's net banking portal.
- Quick pay feature to accelerate the payments to be made at regular intervals such as credit card bills, mobile bills, EMIs, DTH recharge, etc.
As I said earlier, ICICI has always leveraged technology to provide better customer experience across its product and service portfolio.
By constantly upgrading its technology platform, the bank continues to add new and enhanced features such as :
- The bank's web portal has a customized 'dashboard feature'.
With an easy drag-and-drop dashboard menu, customers can easily create their own
personalized ’My profile’ section with shortcuts as per their requirements by just logging into the bank's web portal.
- It also has customer-centric navigation and interface
The enhanced customer-friendly interface allows users to easily navigate the web portal's home page to access information. In addition, one can also use this home page to carry out debit card-related transactions and service requests.
- Customisable data across user segments
The bank has a rich resource of customer data across various user segments such as retail banking, wholesale banking, corporate banking, investment banking, wealth management, and privilege banking. This data is leveraged to enhance the category-wise user experience by providing relevant information.
- More safer and secure transaction
A safe and secure transaction is paramount and ICICI Bank regularly upgrades its technology platform to provide foolproof transactions.
Curious to know how to register for ICICI Bank Internet Banking?
- User id generation
- It is a fairly simple process that begins with logging into the bank's official web portal.
- Navigate through the homepage to press the ' apply online tab.
- A new screen opens up with two options- 'User ID' and 'password'.
- Press the ' i want my user id' tab.
- You now have to key in your Bank account, and debit card details and press the 'go' tab. After this, you would need to enter your mobile number registered with the bank.
- Now you have to key in the debit card and grid details and press the 'go' tab.
- You will receive a confirmation message on the screen acknowledging the successful completion of the task.
- Shortly afterward, your user id would be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Password generation
- Login to the bank's website online portal and press the tab ' apply online on the home page.
- A new screen opens up with the option ' i want my password'. Click on the proceed option.
- Now simply, type your user id and your mobile number. An OTP would be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Type the OTP and press the 'go' tab.
- Now change your password to a cryptic combination of alphanumeric and special characters and press the 'go' tab.
- You will receive a confirmation of the successful completion of the task.
- Login process
- Once you have generated your user id and password, login to
https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/insta-banking/internet-banking/index.page ICICI web portal.
- Type your user ID and Password and press the 'Log-in' tab to access your net banking account.
- You now have access to the exhaustive portfolio of services to select from.
In a scenario wherein I have forgotten my user id and or my password, what recourse do I have?
In such a situation, you can immediately get in touch with the bank's help desk by calling the toll-free number or by visiting your branch.
You would have to answer a few questions so that the customer care team could validate the authenticity of your account.
Upon validity, you would be provided with a user id and a link to reset your password. Alternatively, these details could also be couriered to your registered mailing address.
What is the procedure to change/ reset my net banking password?
- You should keep resetting your password at regular intervals to avoid any unauthorized access. The process is fairly simple which begins with logging into https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/insta-banking/internet-banking/index.page.
- Navigate the home page and press the tab ''Get Password'.
- Now key in your user ID and click on the 'go' tab.
- Type your registered mobile number and receive the OTP and click the 'go' tab.
- Now reset your password as a cryptic combination of alphanumeric and special characters. Now retype your new password and press the 'go' tab.
- You will receive a confirmation message upon successful completion of the task.