1. Bombay Dyeing & MFG. CO
stock logo

Bombay Dyeing & MFG. CO Share Price


₹180.10+₹0.30 (0.17%) TodayLast updated on 17 May, 2024 | 03:57 PM IST
Show Current Price
  • News

  • Company overview

  • Fundamentals

  • Events

  • More

Company overview

Financial performance


Market cap

Market Cap Switch₹3,714 Cr





Circuit range

₹215.75 - ₹143.85

Day range

₹177.40 - ₹184.80

Year range

₹79.05 - ₹194.50



Avg. traded


Revenue (12m)

₹1,688 Cr

Bombay Dyeing & MFG. CO

Bombay Dyeing was established by Nowrosjee Wadia in 1879 as a small operation of Indian spun cotton yarn dip dyed by hand. Today, it has grown to be one of the most trusted home furnishing brands in the country. Although it is more popular for the retail business, the company is primarily engaged in real estate development and manufacturing of polyester staple fibre.

Bombay Dyeing is one of the earliest Wadia Group companies to have listed on BSE and the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) in the year 1994.

As of September 2023, promoters held 53.59% stake in the company, with the remaining 46.41% with the public. The market capitalisation of Bombay Dyeing stood at ₹3,155 crore as of December 2023. Bombay Dyeing share price has surged 104% in the last three years.

Business operations

Bombay Dyeing and Manufacturing has three key divisions, each catering to its real estate, polyester manufacturing and retail businesses.

Bombay Realty: The company’s real estate venture, Bombay Realty, accounted for 35.6% of total turnover in 2022-23. Bombay Realty is known for two prime developments in the heart of Mumbai – the Island City Centre (ICC) located at Dadar and Wadia International Centre (WIC) at Worli.

The Island City Centre is being developed into world-class residences, offices and retail space, while the WIC is spread across 25 acres and is going to be a luxury mixed-use project consisting of residences, offices, a luxury hotel, a mall and a state-of-the-art hospital.

Polyester Business: The business contributed almost 62.5% to the company’s total revenue in FY23. Bombay Dyeing is one of the seven producers of polyester staple fibre (PSF) in the country with a market share of about 12%.

Bombay Dyeing: Polyester Division is engaged in manufacture of 100% virgin polyester staple fibre. After over two decades of manufacturing polyester intermediaries, the company decided to set up its own polyester plant in 2007.

In addition to having a significant market share in the Indian domestic market, its products are exported across the globe to Europe, North and South America, Middle East, Africa and Asia.

Home & You: The company’s bed, bath and coordinates retail business operates under the Home & You brand. Through this division, the company sells linens, towels, home furnishings, leisure clothing, kids wear and a whole range of other products through more than 350 exclusive Bombay Dyeing retail and over 2,000 multi-brand stores. The business contributed 1.9% to the company’s total revenue in 2022-23.

Financial highlights

  • Bombay Dyeing’s total revenue, including other income, grew 31.8% to ₹2,776.13 crore in 2022-23 from ₹2,106.22 crore in 2021-22.
  • The company’s operating loss increased to ₹488.52 crore in FY23 from ₹301.34 crore in FY22.
  • The loss after tax widened to ₹517 crore in FY23 from ₹460 crore in FY22.
  • Earnings per share stood at ₹(-25.02) in FY23 as against ₹(-22.29) in FY22.

Bombay Dyeing & MFG. CO Key indicators


52 week high


52 week low


P/E ratio


P/B ratio






Dividend yield


Debt/Equity ratio




Learn more

Investment checklist: (1/6)

check status

Equity returns

check status

Dividend returns

check status

Safety factor

check status

Growth factor

check status

Debt vs Equity

check status

Profit factor

The investment checklist helps you understand a company's financial health at a glance and identify quality investment opportunities easily


Financial ratios

  • Profitability

  • Operational

  • Valuation

Operating profit margin


Net profit margin








Learn more

Bombay Dyeing & MFG. CO Shareholder returns


1 day


1 week


1 month


3 months


1 year


3 years


5 years


Revenue statement

All values are in ₹ Crores (Cr)
Empty state

No data available at the moment

Cash flow

All values are in ₹ Crores (Cr)
Empty state

No data available at the moment

Balance sheet

All values are in ₹ Crores (Cr)
Empty state

No data available at the moment

Bombay Dyeing & MFG. CO Share Price history

DayOpenCloseDay’s change

Shareholding info


Promoters (53.58%)

Mutual Funds (0.07%)

Retail and other (43.07%)

Foreign institutions-FII (1.92%)

Other domestic institutions (1.36%)


Learn more


Corporate actions

  • Dividend • ₹1.2/share

    Ex date

    expand tab
  • Rights Issue • 0:0

    Ex date

    expand tab

Learn more

Frequently asked questions