Standard Chartered Savings Account: Interest Rates, Minimum Balance, & Opening Online
Banks offer a variety of savings accounts to meet the financial requirements of customers. Standard Chartered savings account offers a competitive interest rate along with various attractive features. The interest rate starts from 2.75%. In the following sections, you will find everything about Standard Chartered savings accounts and their interest rates in detail.
Standard Chartered Savings Account Interest Rate
Standard Chartered savings account interest rates are susceptible to variation and are dependent on their savings bank balance. For instance, in the case of a savings bank balance of up to ₹50 lacks the interest rate is 2.75% per annum. Whereas in the case of a bank balance above ₹50 lacks up to upto ₹40 crores the interest rate is approximately 3.25% and for a balance above ₹40 crores, the interest rate is 0.50%.
If you are a customer of Standard Chartered Bank you will receive quarterly interest payments depending on your daily available balance and the applicable saving bank's interest rate.
Types of Standard Chartered Bank Savings Accounts
Standard Chartered Bank provides an opportunity to open a savings account in two channels. This includes online mode and offline mode. At your convenience, you can open a saving account from any of these channels and enjoy their additional features or benefits.
Online Savings Account with SC Digital Account you can open your account instantly using eKYC documents like PAN and Aadhaar number. With a zero balance, free debit card, chequebook, and unlimited ATM withdrawals you can get access to a wide range of instant payment solutions. Additionally opening an SC Digital account you stand a chance of getting a complimentary 3 month Saavn Pro subscription.
To open an SC Digital account, it is imperative to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be an Indian citizen with an age of more than 18 years.
- Mobile number must be linked with Aadhaar number
- You must not have any other Aadhaar OTP verification-based account with any bank including Standard Chartered.
To apply for this savings account it is necessary to provide the following documents:
- Personal ID and
- Address proof including, passport, driving license, PAN, Aadhaar, Voter’s ID
Offline Savings Account
Some people prefer opening a savings account online and others rather prefer to visit their nearest bank branch to open a savings account offline. Standard Chartered Bank offers numerous offline savings accounts like Employee Banking Accounts, SuperValue Accounts, aXcessPlus Accounts, eSaver Accounts, Parivaar Accounts, 3-in-1 Savings Accounts, Basic Banking Accounts, Aasaan Accounts, and Super Value Accounts. Each savings account has its own minimum balance requirement, features and benefits.
For instance, in the case of 2-in-1 Savings account, the Standard Chartered savings account minimum balance requirement is ₹10,000. Opting for an offline savings account comes with a feature of zero balance, however, in some cases it may vary depending on the type.
For instance, with aXcessPlus Savings Account you can enjoy free cash withdrawals, attractive insurance offerings, and 15% cashback across different merchants partnered with Standard Chartered. On the other hand, you can open a Basic Banking Account with Zero Balance, and you can enjoy a free platinum Debit Card for the first year.
- Any resident individual, Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), and Foreign National can open a saving account
- For Indian citizens Aadhaar and PAN card is mandatory
- Identity proof, including – Aadhaar, Passport, PAN, Government ID, Voter ID card
- Address Proof, including- Passport, Aadhaar, Driving Licence, Utility bill, Phone bill, Rental agreement, and Bank/Credit card statement.
- Letter issued to the National Population Register containing all necessary details of address and name.
- Job card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the State Government.
Take a Look at the Features of Some Offline Savings Accounts
Employee Banking Account
Some of the prominent features of this account include
- It is a zero-balance account
- You can get free ATM cash withdrawals
- You can get a professional relationship manager for guidance.
- Any Indian residents and foreign nationals are eligible to avail of this savings account.
Standard Chartered SuperValue Account
In this savings account you will have to maintain an average monthly balance of ₹50,000 and can enjoy several other features.
- You can get enjoy the facility of phone banking or online banking
- Free ATM cash withdrawals and free Platinum International Debit card for the first year
- Any Indian resident, HUF, Foreign National are eligible for Standard Chartered SuperValue Account.
Standard Chartered eSaver Account
For this savings account you need to maintain a monthly average balance of ₹25000. Other features include
- Enjoy auto sweep facility
- Free Platinum Debit Card with 5% cashback
- Enjoy flexible tenure ranging from 9 days to 1 year.
Standard Chartered Bank also offers other offline savings accounts with varied features and benefits.
How to Open Standard Chartered Savings Account?
To open a Standard Chartered savings account, you can visit the nearest bank branch. Here is the step-by-step guide for applying Standard Chartered savings account.
- After visiting Standard Chartered Bank, fill in the savings account application form by providing all necessary details.
- Then, you must provide your self-attested PAN and Aadhaar card, followed by choosing the type of savings account you want to open with this financial institution.
- Thereafter, submit the application form and other required documents and demand a draft or cash deposit slip.
- Then, the financial institution will verify all details upon submitting all documents. If all the details in the documents are accurate, then you will be able to open your savings account with Standard Chartered. In some savings accounts, you need to maintain a minimum balance requirement.
In addition, you can open a savings account through the Standard Chartered mobile app. However, it is necessary to register with the app first and then provide the necessary eKYC document for opening a savings account without any hitch.
Standard Chartered Bank offers various saving account with multiple benefits and features. After opening the saving account, this bank will provide you with a welcome kit, comprising all details to operate your account.