The introduction of Bhamashah Yojana is considered to be the first step towards digitisation of the Rajasthan State Government. This scheme aims to provide financial dependence to the women in the state. Get all the details about this yojana below.
Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana – An Overview
In 2008, Rajasthan Government launched Bhamashah Yojana to make women financially self-dependent. This scheme’s objective is to transfer the benefits of financial and non-financial government schemes to women through a simple and transparent procedure.
The beneficiary needs to have a bank account through which she will receive all the benefits. When the government first introduced this scheme, it was a huge success in the beginning. Around 50 lakh women applied for it and approximately 29 lakh bank accounts were opened to channel the benefits through Bhamashah card.
What Are the Features and Benefits of Bhamashah Yojana?
Here are the features and benefits of Bhamashah Yojana.
- This scheme offers complete cashless treatment for the insured for any hospitalisation cost.
- The insured can get a maximum of ₹30,000 for general illness and ₹3 lakh for critical illness under this scheme.
- Insured individuals can get treatment at both public and private hospitals.
- This scheme offers an incentive for private hospitals to aid them in opening their facilities in rural areas. This helps to lower the burden on public hospitals.
- This scheme also provides for any pre-existing illness.
- The insured will receive benefits as per the pre-determined package rates for secondary and tertiary illnesses.
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses for up to 7 days till admission in the hospital is covered under this scheme.
- Post-hospitalisation expenses for up to 15 days since discharge from hospital is covered under this scheme.
- This scheme has been now extended to expenses for OPD patients as well, along with in-patients.
- You can collect any information from the customer care available for this scheme. You can also track the status through their app.
- You can apply for a loan for starting a new business.
- You can apply for scholarship of student’s education
- You can get free medical treatment at pre-specified hospitals for specific illnesses and operations.
- Women starting a new career can get assistance from this scheme.
- Women can also buy ration with the help of biometric
- You can get benefits as per the National Rural Employment Gaurantee Act
- The benefits of Bhamashah card can also be availed by men by paying an extra fee
What Are the Eligibility Criteria to Meet for Bhamashah Yojana?
To be eligible for Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana, you have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You need to be under the schemes of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and National Food Security Act (NFSA).
- There aren’t any age limits. Family members of this scheme are also eligible for the benefits.
- Children and students seeking benefits for coaching purposes under this scheme should be registered in Government schools and colleges.
What Are the Documents Necessary for Bhamashah Yojana?
You need to submit the following documents along with your application form to apply for Bhamashah Yojana:
- Birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Experience letter required for businesses
- Aadhaar or Ration card
How to Apply for Bhamashah Yojana?
You can apply for Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana online as well as offline.
Online application procedure is as given below:
Step 1: Visit the online portal of ‘Rajasthan Single Sign on’
Step 2: Register or log in if you are a registered user.
Step 3: Fill in the form with your details such as Aadhaar number, birth date, contact details etc.
Step 4: Provide details of the head of the family after clicking on the ‘Bhamashah Citizen Enrolment’.
Step 5: After successful completion and submission of online application procedure, the applicant will receive a receipt number on their registered mobile number.
If an applicant wants to apply offline, they have to visit the camps organised by the State Government in wards in urban areas and Gram Panchayat in rural areas.
However, please make sure that you have an Aadhaar card before applying for this scheme. If you don’t have one, apply for Aadhaar card first and then apply for this scheme.
How to Update Details on the Bhamashah Card?
If you need to update or make changes to any details on your Bhamashah card, you can do so by yourself by visiting the official portal. You can update the following details:
- Changes in the bank account information
- Death of a family member
- Addition of family member
- Change in residential address
- Wedding details or update of a family member
It takes around 2 to 3 months to receive the Bhamashah card after opening the bank account. Do note that all the expenses incurred by the yojana beneficiary are paid directly to the hospital within the approved limit. You need to submit the Bhamashah Yojana card to the hospital along with ID proof at the time of admission to the hospital.