Top Mutual Fund Houses in India in 2023
If you are looking for a smart way to invest your money and achieve your financial goals, mutual funds might be the answer. Mutual funds are professionally managed pools of money that invest in various securities, such as stocks, bonds, and other assets. They offer you the benefits of diversification, liquidity, and convenience.
But with so many mutual fund houses in India, how do you choose the best one for your investment needs? Which mutual fund house can offer you the best returns, the lowest costs, and the best service?
In this blog post, we will help you answer these questions by looking at some of the top mutual fund houses in India and the factors you should consider before investing with them.
What is a Mutual Fund House?
A mutual fund house, also known as an asset management company (AMC), is a financial institution that collects money from investors and invests it in a portfolio of securities, such as stocks, bonds, and other assets. The mutual fund house charges a fee for managing the funds and generating returns for the investors.
The mutual fund house appoints a fund manager who is responsible for making investment decisions on behalf of the investors. The fund manager uses various investment strategies and tools to manage the portfolio and achieve the investment objectives.
Factors to Consider Before Choosing a Mutual Fund House
Before investing with a mutual fund house, you should consider various factors that can affect your investment experience and returns. Some of these factors are:
- Performance History: You should look at the past performance of the mutual fund house and its schemes to get an idea of its ability to deliver consistent returns over time. You can compare the returns with the benchmark indices and peer funds to assess the performance.
- Expense Ratio: You should look at the costs associated with investing in a mutual fund, such as expense ratio and management fees. Expense ratio is the percentage of your investment that goes towards paying for the operational expenses of the fund. A lower expense ratio means more returns for you.
- Fund Management: You should look at the experience and expertise of the fund manager who is managing your money. You should also check their investment philosophy and style to see if it matches your risk appetite and goals.
- Investment Options: You should look at the range of investment options that the mutual fund house offers, such as equity, debt, hybrid, international, sectoral, thematic, etc. You should choose a mutual fund house that offers schemes that suit your investment objectives and preferences.
- Investor Services: You should look at the level of customer service and support that the mutual fund house provides. You should be able to access your investment information, receive timely updates, and get assistance when needed.
Top Mutual Fund Houses in India
According to the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI), there are 44 mutual fund houses in India as of December 2022. Some of the top mutual fund houses in India based on their assets under management (AUM) are:
- SBI Mutual Fund: It is the largest mutual fund house in India with an AUM of over Rs. 6 lakh crore as of November 2022. It offers a wide range of schemes across equity, debt, hybrid, and international categories. Some of its popular schemes are SBI Bluechip Fund, SBI Magnum Multicap Fund, and SBI Liquid Fund.
- HDFC Mutual Fund: It is the second-largest mutual fund house in India with an AUM of over Rs. 5 lakh crore as of November 2022. It has been in the industry since 1999 and has a strong reputation for delivering consistent returns. Some of its popular schemes are HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund, HDFC Top 100 Fund, and HDFC Short Term Debt Fund.
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund: It is the third-largest mutual fund house in India with an AUM of over Rs. 4 lakh crore as of November 2022. It is known for its innovative and customer-centric products and services. Some of its popular schemes are ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund, ICICI Prudential Balanced Advantage Fund, and ICICI Prudential Savings Fund.
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund: It is the fourth-largest mutual fund house in India with an AUM of over Rs. 3 lakh crore as of November 2022. It has a strong presence across urban and rural markets and offers a diverse portfolio of schemes across various categories. Some of its popular schemes are Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund, Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Fund, and Aditya Birla Sun Life Corporate Bond Fund.
- Nippon India Mutual Fund: It is the fifth-largest mutual fund house in India with an AUM of over Rs. 3 lakh crore as of November 2022. It is one of the oldest and most trusted names in the industry and has a loyal customer base. Some of its popular schemes are Nippon India Growth Fund, Nippon India Liquid Fund, and Nippon India Arbitrage Fund.
Investing in mutual funds can be a rewarding and convenient way to grow your wealth. However, choosing the right mutual fund house is crucial to ensure that you get the best returns and service. You should do your research and compare the various mutual fund houses in India before making a decision. You can also use online platforms like Upstox to compare and invest in mutual funds easily and securely. Happy investing!
The investment options and stocks mentioned here are not recommendations. Please go through your own due diligence and conduct thorough research before investing. Investment in the securities market is subject to market risks. Please read the Risk Disclosure documents carefully before investing. Past performance of instruments/securities does not indicate their future performance. Due to the price fluctuation risk and the market risk, there is no guarantee that your personal investment objectives will be achieved.