Incorporated in 1983, Kolkata-based Tarsons Products manufactures laboratory products that are used in various research organisations, pharmaceutical companies, academia institutes, hospitals and diagnostic centres.
The company plans to go public and here’s all you need to know about this IPO.
Here’s the consolidated financial information for the last three years:
- The company has a market share of about 12% in the labware space in India, which is dominated by multinational companies such as Thermofisher, Corning, etc.
- Serves top-league clients such as Dr. Reddy’s, Syngene International, Metropolis Healthcare and Indian Institute of Chemical Technology among others.
- Has a strong domestic distribution network of over 141 authorized distributors as well as 45 overseas distributors as of March 31, 2021. Its top 10 distributors represented about 55% of the total revenues, indicating a reasonable diversification of sales.
- Consistently growing revenue and profit over the past three years.
- More than 75% of raw materials are imported from UAE, USA, Singapore and Taiwan. Any disruptions in supply can majorly impact manufacturing.
- All its manufacturing facilities are located in West Bengal. Unforeseen political, social, economic or environmental hiccups in these areas can impact the business negatively.
- Of the five manufacturing facilities, the land at Jangalpur facility (which makes up about 58% of total revenues) is yet to receive requisite approval for non-agricultural land and therefore may be subject to regulatory action and litigation.
- It continues to face strong competition from multinational companies and fragmented local players.
- As per the Frost & Sullivan Report, domestic plastic labware products’ market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16% and reach ₹2,575 crore by 2025.
- The Indian government is encouraging R&D in the pharmaceutical industry and wants the country’s sector to compete with the likes of the USA and Europe.
- Tarsons is working on setting up a new manufacturing facility in West Bengal. This will boost its manufacturing capabilities and also help it launch new products.