- Getting started
- Paperless account opening
- Bank Details
- Documents required
- How to sell shares without a physical POA?
- Submitting required documents
- Mandatory hardcopy of POA
- Why POA is required
- Updating POA
- Change of mobile or email
- Change or update address
- Bank account proof
- Authorisation letter for ECC
- Documents accepted as income proof
- Performing in-person verification
- Unable to click NEXT button on document upload
- Brokerage and account opening charges
Paperless account opening details
Upstox gets all the details required for paperless account opening through the KRA which is the KYC Registration Agency. SEBI set up the SEBI KYC (Know Your Client) Registration Agency in 2011 in order to ensure that all the Aadhaar Card related details are stored and accessible in one place for purposes of maintaining records in the securities market.
A person who wants to opt for hassle-free paperless account opening can get KYC verified and then Upstox just needs your Aadhaar Card and PAN Card details. Through a secure E-KYC system, Upstox will fetch your details from the KRA system and fill out the details for you.
You can start your account opening process here.