NT Crash during login process Error
If you face the ‘NT crash’ error during the login process, you need to know that it's a simple error, which can be resolved easily.
- One reason for the error could be that your computer has blocking the programme. So, you may have to add the NEST folder to exclusion list.
- To do so, you will have to go to NEST application’s root folder. This will be in ‘Program Files’ and a sub-folder called ‘Omnesys’. Omnesys is the name of the company which developed NEST trader. It would be the folder in which the NEST application files are stored.
- You can either go manually through your Local Disk drive on My Computer, or go using the Run application on the start menu.
- On the My Computer folder, double click on ‘Local Disk’. It would often be called the C drive too. Once the folder opens, double click on ‘Program Files’, and then choose the ‘Omnesys’ folder.
- To use the ‘Run’ application, either click on the start menu (Not for Windows 8 users) and select Run from the menu, or press ‘Windows button’ + ‘R’ simultaneously. This would open the Run dialogue box. In the box provided called ‘Open’, type ‘C:\Program files\Omnesys’ or simply ‘%programfiles%’. The first will directly lead you to the Omnesys folder, while the latter will open the ‘Program Files’ folder.
- Once the Omnesys folder opens, click on NEST folder and then go to nesttrader.exe. Right click on the file and select ‘Properties’ from the menu. Then click on ‘Compatibility’ followed by ‘Check compatibility mode – Run as Administrator’.
- In many cases, this would ask for a password. Punch in the same password you use to log into your computer as an administrator.
Was this article helpful?