How to open a new account?
Account opening is a fairly simple and quick process. You can open an account online as well. It is a paperless way of opening an account.
If you have an Aadhaar Card linked to the phone number that you use daily then you can open an Upstox account online. You need to have your existing and working phone number linked to your Aadhaar Card in order to receive the One Time Password (OTP).
You just have to fill the Account Opening Form at www.upstox.com or https://new.upstox.com/#/. Keep your documents handy because you’ll be able to upload your documents right then and there. Just make sure you have these documents with you to help move your account opening process faster:
- Aadhaar Number
- PAN Card
- Canceled Cheque
- Latest Bank Statement with IFSC/MICR code mentioned on it.
Our account opening charges are minimal: Rs. 150 + Service Tax per segment that you want to trade on & Rs. 150 AMC + Service Tax.
- *NEW* Open an account using out online opening tool at www.upstox.com or https://new.upstox.com/#/ (if you want to print out a blank form click here). The process takes no more than 10 minutes of your time and asks you for all the required information to open an account.
- Print the completed form at the end of the process and sign at all the required areas. Areas requiring signatures are marked with an ‘X’ and highlighted in yellow. There are a total of 10 through 12 signatures (depending on which segments you would like to sign up for).
- Affix a recent passport size photograph of yourself on Page 4 and sign across it.
- Non-refundable account opening charges are listed on the first page of the application. Please attach a cheque for the specified amount and make it payable to “RKSV Securities India Pvt. Ltd.” For Commodities trading, please attach a cheque for the specified amount and make it payable to “RKSV Commodities India Pvt. Ltd.” Also ensure that you have sufficient bank balance because nobody wants your cheques to bounce!
- The cheque for account opening can also be used to tie your primary bank account. Should you wish to use another bank account instead of the one used for the account opening cheque, please attach a separate cancelled cheque for the same.
- Mail all the forms to RKSV Securities India Private Limited, Salasar Business Park, Off 150 Feet Flyover Road, Bhayandar West, Thane -401101, Maharashtra
Was this article helpful?