- Getting started
- How to use UPI on Upstox Pro?
- Transfer funds instantly with UPI
- Why is my bank not allowed for instant funds transfer?
- Logging in to my Keystone account
- Find or reset telephonic ID
- Change Back Office password
- Adding segments to your trading account
- Add or change nominee
- Add/change your primary bank account
- Smart transfer/ 3 in 1 account
- Modifications in the account
- What is the procedure to add a new segment in my account?
- How do I change my registered Email address and mobile number?
- How can I request for a signature change?
- How do I change my correspondence address?
- How do I change my permanent address?
- How can I change my brokerage plan?
- How do I reactivate my account?
- How do I change my name on my account?
- How can I change or add a new nominee on my account?
- Password and login issues
- Bank account related queries
- Demat account
- Monitoring positions in Keystone
- Track profit and loss
What happens to the unused fund that I had allocated for trading?
On a typical trading day, it is not compulsory that the entire funds you’ve allocated for trading gets used. In cases like this, the unused funds lies in your trading account until you decide to withdraw it. With Smart Transfer, since the allocated amount does not go outside the IndusInd Bank savings account, it reflects in your IndusStox 3-in-1 account balance at the end of the day.
You allocated ₹4,00,000 from your IndusInd bank for trading in your Upstox account but used only ₹2,00,000 from it. Unlike a typical situation where the money remains in your Upstox trading account, here, the remaining ₹2,00,000 will reflect in your IndusInd bank account at the end of the day.