Brokerage and account opening charges
At Upstox, we want to make trading and investing in the stock markets for everyone. That's why, we're known in the industry for our low cost brokerage and account opening charges.
Thus, here are the brokerage charges on different products:
- Equity delivery trades are free of cost.
- For intraday trading on BSE, NSE and MCX, and F&O brokerage is 0.01% or upto Rs. 20 per order traded (whichever is lower).
- You can calculate the brokerage that you'll be paying with our interactive brokerage calculator.
Account account opening fees:
- Rs.150 for NSE and BSE segments
- Rs.150 for MCX.
- Annual maintenance charge of Rs.150 is applicable only on demat accounts but not on trading accounts.
An additional Rs. 100 will be charged to process physical account opening forms that are sent to the Upstox mailing address.
- With Upstox, once you open a demat account you automatically open a trading account when you choose the segments you wish to trade in.
Online demat account opening process
You can open a demat account using your Aadhaar Card and filling out the online demat account opening form. Ensure that you keep your required documents handy while completing the account opening process online.
Non-paperless demat account opening process
If your Aadhaar Card is not linked to your phone number, then you'll have to fill out the paper demat account opening form in order to open an account. Just print, fill out, sign and send us the paper forms via courier to our office address. Ensure that you attach the cheques for the accounts that you wish to open.
If you are an NRI, the account opening process and brokerage charges are a little different from that of a regular resident of India. We do offer NRI trading and you can read all about it in the Help Center.