Issues with the API and its Specs

• Hi
    Thanks for providing long-awaited API. However, this API is quite limited if you want to accomplish something robust. While looking at two costs, Historical + Live is a dealbreaker for a limited API.
    Declaration: I am not using official API library, and I can see so far you have no plans for Go-Lang API.
    Updated on 13th July, 2017

1. Priority: Urgent : In forum, it is mentioned that there is a limit for the margin, However, there is no websocket event for the margin.
    2. Priority: Urgent: Trade API is broken, shows just the first trade
    3. Priority: Urgent: For Holding, There is no way that we can know price customer bought a share and WHEN!
    4. Priority: High: Price should always be a float, that means 100.00 and not 100. Static language - coders will have it hard time working on it like me.
    5. Priority: High: Historical values are not honouring the corporate actions like bonuses thus giving false signal.
    6. Priority: High: Invalid request MUST NOT give header-status code 200, We have to read a parsed response for that at the moment.
    7. Priority: High: Historical Value MUST NOT require any auth token as it is independent of user
    8. Priority: High: Cancel ALL orders with one end up
    9. Priority: Normal: Cancel multiple orders in one API endpoint /Orders/Delete POST param ids or comma-separated ids.
    10. Priority: Normal: Auth protocol is non-standard, I know it isn't Oauth Oauth2.
    11. Priority: Normal: There is no end-point of finding current subscription, you have to rely on webhook.
    12. Priority: Low: Ideally WebSocket should be able to provide all sorts of events. Like margin-update. Loop every 1 min is too far, loop every 1 second is overkill to your servers for this less often event.
    13. Priority: Low: If scalable, WebSocket should be able to communicate both ways for the creation of orders/update of orders.

• Global Moderator

Hey @irathernottell

Priority: Urgent: For Holding, There is no way that we can know price customer bought a share and WHEN!
    => We have added this in our roadmap and this will be available soon
    Priority: High: Price should always be a float, that means 100.00 and not 100. Static language - coders will have it hard time working on it like me.
    => Thanks for pointing it out. We will work on this.
    Priority: High: Invalid request MUST NOT give header-status code 200, We have to read a parsed response for that at the moment.
    => Could you tell us which request you were making
    Priority: High: Cancel ALL orders with one end up
    => We will take this into consideration.
    Priority: Normal: Cancel multiple orders in one API endpoint /Orders/Delete POST param ids or comma-separated ids.
    => We have added this in our roadmap
    Priority: Normal: Auth protocol is non-standard, I know it isn't Oauth Oauth2.
    Priority: Normal: There is no end-point of finding current subscription, you have to rely on webhook.
    => Nice suggestion. We will work on it.
    Priority: Low: Ideally WebSocket should be able to provide all sorts of events. Like margin-update. Loop every 1 min is too far, loop every 1 second is overkill to your servers for this less often event.
    Priority: Low: If scalable, WebSocket should be able to communicate both ways for the creation of orders/update of orders.
    => This is not possible as of now but we will definitely try to bring this in future

• Priority: High: Invalid request MUST NOT give header-status code 200, We have to read a parsed response for that at the moment.
    => Could you tell us which request you were making

Imagine that a symbold doesn't exist:

JSON RESPONSE

{"code":400,"status":"Bad Request","timestamp":"2017-07-10T13:51:00+05:30","message":"No such instrument found for NSE_EQ APLLTDDD","error":{"name":"Error","reason":"No such instrument found for NSE_EQ APLLTDDD"}}

HEADER RESPONSE:

&{200 OK 200 HTTP/2.0 2 0 map[Content-Length:[213] X-Amzn-Req..

HEADER code I received is 200. It should be 404- Resouce NOT FOUND error code as per HTTP standards.

GET /historical/ohlc/nse_eq/3MINDIADD?end_date=10-07-2017&format=json&interval=1DAY&start_date=11-07-2012 HTTP/1.1
    Host: api.upstox.com

• @irathernottell said in Issues with the API and its Specs:

Priority: Urgent: Trade API is broken, shows just the first trade

Added this :)

Looks like I have just become the product manager or worse, a tester with a negative salary.. :D

• There is a limitation with margin but no corresponding WebSocket event.

• Fixed Trade API, removed it Thanks a lot. :) :) :)

• What is the status of this list? Any plans for further eliminate the points I have mentioned?

Looks like your connection to Upstox Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.